FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

@Gazza7 I know the feeling. Maybe not repetitive, but maybe just your style. Even to this day, I still agree that it’s not really easy, and it only got MARGINALLY easier, but it never got EASY.

If you post enough of these up, you’ll be surprised on the random messages, emails, texts you’ll get. You may just have MORE of an impact than you think you do.

Despite the fact that Reddit is still in “Request To Post” mode on the DIY sub, don’t hesitate, to post these up other places, like ECF, VU, POTV, ECIGSSA, etc.

6 Likes

Give it a go at 1-4% works as a candy type

4 Likes

@Gazza7 I can’t remember how many Flavor Shots / One Shots you reviewed in this thread. At 875 posts, it’s getting DEEP, and I’m considering hitting up my mixing mentor @Mikser, confer with him, and start a NEW FLAVRZ Flavor Shots / One Shots review thread, to make it more manageable for the members.

If I do xfil to another location, you good with copy/pasting your over there ? Not the flavor review, JUST the flavor shots / one shots…

4 Likes

That’s interesting @Dave84Aust

3 Likes

Yeah mate, no worries.

Without checking I can’t remember either but I have zero problems with them being relocated wherever you deem best and what you suggest makes perfect sense.

4 Likes

Yeah mate for like a rainbow lollipop type mix marsh custard between 1-4% and fairy floss youll be there. Darren at @Jetz raves about it and can understand why also really good for depthnesa

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer I’m going through all the reviews and pondering if the really high percentages are required in order to gain the best representation of the flavours. Obviously with my high PG approach, I can lower them a tad, though it seems that 8% is the average with a few pushing beyond the teens.

1 Like

Pondering may just spend time you don’t need to. They are not the strongest flavors. Some are stronger than others, but overall, not the strongest. Comparatively some Capella, TPA, and FW ranges.

If you are referring to the last two, they (and more coming) are Flavor Shots, and One Shots, which are finished mixes using combined flavors.

2 Likes

This reminds me, I need to create a separate thread for these Flavor Shots, and One Shots.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that some are one shots, my key query is that regarding the amount used, are they cost effective compared to using MF to supplement another reliable range? Obviously, this would be FLV for me, with added MF enhancement…

2 Likes

@Gazza7, @Dave84Aust, @Jetz, I have split this thread off due to the extreme length of it already. I have made a new FLAVRZ Flavor Shots / One Shots review thread.

@Gazza7 I am fairly certain you MAY have reviewed a couple, and I cannot move your posts. You are more than welcome to leave them, or exfil them to the new thread as well.

5 Likes

Yes, they’re just about on PAR with the MFG’s listed above. Obviously they are not as strong as MF, and/or most FLV’s. The ironic argument here is, I used to get into (almost) heated debates over Medicine Flower, for the opposite issue. The high price. Because they are very strong, less was needed, so it offset the price.

You’ll have to work out your price per ml calc if you selling, or mixing on a budget to decide what’s right for your situation @SquirrelSmash. From the 111 single flavors I’ve tested, and the 2 Flavor Shots thus far, I would have, and have had no issue working with them. I have racks filled with a myriad of MFG’s flavors, ranging from the super strong, to the fairly weak, and can use them all.

2 Likes

Indeedy, though the supply issue is always the key problem here: With Chef’s becoming a joke with only the name surviving and sellers’ preference for only stocking the most popular flavours, I now have issues getting hold of anything relevant from VSO and MF at anything other than extortionist prices. Then there’s special orders for the FLVs I use a lot, along with countless Inawera and FA essentials which now require ordering from the manufacturers. So, getting a blend made at a decent price on request is getting pretty irksome.

2 Likes

With those details it sounds accurate. Is this because of Brexit, or other factors ?

2 Likes

It is from a range of reasons. Although, I decided to refuse to vote or support any party which doesn’t openly advocate for decreasing democracy after the referendum.

The morning after, I concluded that 2 decades was optimistic in order to fix things and that my losses would have a fair few zeros involved.

3 Likes

Wow, this was a LONG SERIES guys, and I don’t have to tell you. 5 months of testing to get through all of these. If you’ve hung in there, to this point, then I DO salute you. It was a LOT of time, work, and effort on my part, and if you’ve read them all, then THAT has been some work for you too.

I want to thank Darren aka @Jetz from FLAVRZ for not only sending these all out for the purposes of these reviews, but giving a LOT of additional information on their flavors, how they make them, and even some very interesting industry information as well. I was exposed to quite a few flavors, profiles, even recipes, many of whom were based on Australian drinks, deserts, and more, that I would have never known of, if not for these tests. That’s always a GREAT day as a reviewer. Some greats, some really interestings, and much more.

In case you just don’t feel like searching, scrolling, or worse (lol), I’ll link to EVERYTHING I’ve done in regards to FLAVRZ, right here.

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Flavor Shots:

One Shots:

Some EXCELLENT recipes by Darren, using his FLAVRZ flavors …

3 Likes

I’m re-reading through all of these reviews @SessionDrummer . I won a contest on facebook! Very excited to try whatever they send me!

9 Likes

Holy Crap you Social Media-er !!!

@Lynda_Marie you’ve got to at least post up SOME of your notes on them.

Darren and I’ve been chatting, and I’m trying to work out a list (reasonable, not 5 months long this time) for some of their Super Concentrates.

Congratulations !
Have any of the Noted Crew tried any of the FLAVRZ flavors ?

4 Likes

Lol I’m probably on social media too much…but mainly for the 2 diy groups I admin and posting my animal pictures.
Yea! Thank you! I’m “friends” with whomever runs the Flavrz profile and the contest was to come up with a fantasy flavor combo. Mine was kiwi blueberry cotton candy cream soda haha! I’m not sure what they are sending me. They asked what I’m into and of course I said desserts but I left it up to them.

Noted has not gotten to go over any of them. I mentioned it to the guys but at the time we had gotten the whole Flavour Smiths line which was 100 flavors.

I will definitely post up some well written reviews of the flavors I receive. He mentioned you were getting some too :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I mentioned that I had seen your reviews on here. I’m really looking forward to them!! The beginning of 2024 will be busy between Capella and Flavrz… and I heard rumors of new Flavor Art in the new year!

6 Likes

Ohhh yeaahhhh !!!

3 Likes