FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

Marshmallow (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-6-23) – Starting off with this, the FIRST flavor in the second series from FLAVRZ, with a BANG !!! I had to make REALLY sure before I made any “official” statements, and ran through THREE testers just to make sure. I think this may be the NEW, Best Marshmallow I have ever tried. Any of you who know my S’mores obsession, know that I know the mallows. I regularly use FA, and TPA’s for different purposes, but this one, hehe, is damned good. As mentioned, I shifted my testing weights (unless otherwise specified), at 8%, and this one was BANG ON at that weight. My first impression was, “Wow, this is an ACCURATE marshmallow”, and three testers later, that hasn’t changed. Most others are good, and have their pro’s and con’s, and I use each MFG’s for different purposes. I literally tasted JUST like I had stuffed a real marshmallow into the SteamCrave. Mouthfeel was def. above average, and although I can’t speak to any “softening”, or “tempering” in mixes yet, solo’d, this was now the Marshmallow to get. Accurate, accurate, and MORE accurate was all you need to know about this one. Nice smell, taste, mouthfeel, it just had it all. Some flavors can start to mute, or sour after a few tankfuls, but this one finished JUST like it started. A beautifully fluffy, accurate, spot on marshmallow. Despite looking VERY hard for any nit-picks I could not find even a HINT of one with this flavor. Sweetness was a few ticks above mid-level, and there were no off-notes to be had. 8% solo, suited this flavor just fine, and I can’t WAIT to get it into a S’mores. Not burnt, browned, campfired in anyway, just a super authentic tasting marshmallow. With only slight hints of vanilla, it stayed completely true to a neutral marshmallow. If you love S’mores, Marshmallows, or are in need, just ADD it to the cart now. 10/10 without hesitation.

14 Likes

Big shout our to DAVE be sure to like and subscribe to his youtube and help support those wishing to transition from dirty disposables to a better way to quit and learn how to DIY.

7 Likes

Marshmallow Custard (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-7-23) – This one proved to be an INTERESTING flavor to say the least. Having NOT tested FLAVRZ’s Vanilla Custard yet, BUT having tested the Marshmallow, I felt I did get some of the MM I’d previously tested in there. It was tempered, or rather, blanketed in a somewhat creamy Custard, which did taste like a Vanilla Custard. It was not very eggy, and seemed to be more of a Custard/Pudding pairing. Exactly nailing it down was tricky due to the MM pairing. At 8% it was solid, and didn’t feel the need for more, and there were no off-notes but for a slight astringent finish. I’ll know more when I solo the VC as to whether or not that was the culprit or not. Just below mid-level sweet, and fairly rich. Rich enough to make you wonder how FLAVRZ did it, sans all of the DAAP. Rich, somewhat creamy, and mallowed up, really sums this one up. 3 testers later, I still couldn’t tell if the VC had a slight eggy-ness or not, and if so, it was covered up by the delicious mallow form the Marshmallow. The pairing of the two, was really interesting, and seemed to play off of the two main element’s strengths, without conflicting. All in, this was an interesting, and unique pairing of a pudding-like Vanilla Custard, with possibly just a smidge of eggy-ness, melded into a realistic marshmallow. Minor take-offs for the slight astringent finish, but that, was about all there was to nit-pick on this one. Tastily done, and leaving it hgih @ 9.0/10.

14 Likes

Marshmallow Natural (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-7-23) – Having had GREAT results with the previously tested Marshmallow, was indeed wondering how different the “natural” would be in comparison. My immediate reaction was not natural, but more of a smaller, dusted, candied Marshmallow. It even had the almost wintergreen-ish powdered finish note. Sweetness was just above mid-level, and it felt pretty good at 8%. While the previously tested Marshmallow tasted exactly like a fresh marshmallow, this one continued to taste like a smaller dusted marshmallow, almost like you would get in some breakfast cereals. No overt malty notes, and because of the “candied” and “powdered”-ness, it tasted less like a real,fresh marshmallow. It was def. different than the MM, and that would allow for different uses between the two of them. My preference would easily be the Marshmallow. This one did have a distinct, very slight metallic undertone that I couldn’t shake, and while not off-putting, was still there. All in, it was fairly accurate for a smaller powdered marshmallow, but not sure if “natural” was the selling point. It felt good at 8.0/10.

11 Likes

Menthol (FLAVRZ) 1% (5-7-23) – As a general rule, I do NOT use cooling agents of ANY kind. Even small amounts of cooling can completely ruin a juice for me. SO, with THAT said, Menthol. I tested this SUPER low due to my complete dislike, and distrust for cooling agents. This didn’t let me down, as I hated it, just as much as any OTHER. Granted Menthol may not be as extreme as some of the others, and it did impart a taste. That taste was Vicks VapoRub. There was minor cooling at 1%, and, well, it tasted menthol-y. Despite really not liking menthol, I did complete the test, but JUST for you guys. Having little to no other menthols tested to compare, let’s just say, it tastes like Menthol, and it seemed to have more taste than cooling at this weight. It tasted like it was named, so for that, I’ll leave it fairly high @ 9.5/10.

11 Likes

Mixed Berry (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-7-23) – Right out of the gate, I liked this medley. It was non-descript in so much that I couldn’t clearly identify any specific berries, and that is a testament to it’s ratios OF the different berries. It actually kind of reminded me of RFSC’s Yumberry. At 8% it was full but also slightly relaxed. Sweetness was about mid level, and there was some nice tarty-ness on the finish that helped it pop. There were no off-notes, and the more I tested this one, the more it seemed I might be getting a delicious Red Currant in this one. At times it felt like something was holding this one back from popping a little more, hence my aforementioned “slightly relaxed”. It felt like it was about 80-85% of the way there. No overt darker berries, but a great Red Currant with some others flirting around it in the mix. It was a little below mid-level sweet, and there was nothing out of place, and about the only take-off would be the slight recessive-ness. Rating on flavor only I would have rated it higher, but with the slight relaxed nature, it still felt really good @ 8.75/10.

11 Likes

I meant to pick up a Bubble O Bill when I went for my ice coffee this morning. Looking forward to trying it, never had a commercial juice always DIY so it will be interesting.

6 Likes

Mixed Berry Natural (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-9-23) – Testing this one directly after the Mixed Berry, I could better compare/contrast the two of them. This one presented almost exactly at the Mixed Berry regular, BUT, it was better, and more intense, and that was a good thing. I got the same nondescript berry medley that seemed centered around a red currant and some other mid dark berries. I wasn’t sure exactly what changes were made in this, the “natural” version, but it worked. About mid level sweet as the regular, and no off-notes, and it was damned good at 8%. Noticeably more present than the regular version, and with about the same tarty finish as the regular. All in, a mirror image of the regular Mixed Berry, but better, and with increased saturation Easily a 1 point increase, and leaving it at 9.75/10.

12 Likes

Mulberry (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-10-23) – I think Darren had mentioned this one, and he was waiting to hear what I thought about it, and NOW I see why. It was great. It tasted like a lot MORE than “just a mulberry”. It had the common similarities to a raspberry, but seemed to have more punch and tart than expected. Almost like what a blue raspberry is to a raspberry. It felt taken to the NEXT level Sweetness just above mid-level, and no off-notes, or florals at 8%, which was a great weight for this. The main notes tasted more complex, and richer than a simple berry. Not a medley per se, but def. far more complex than just a single berry. It had some really nice lower/darker tones, mids, and a nice high end tart finish. Although it wasn’t overt, it had a nice darker, almost earthy undertone, BUT, in a good way, that seemed to tie it all together. A really good Mulberry, with raspberry notes, along with some darker berry notes, and a really good tart finish it was this did, all day long. A very good berry to add to your collection, and I couldn’t go lower than 9.8/10 on this one.

10 Likes

Wait till you try the Messy Mulbery - Flavour Shot :innocent:

5 Likes

Just great! I placed an order yesterday and now I see this! I love mulberries, in the future I am requesting that you read my mind and let me know about flavors I like 24 hours in advance of me placing an order! I will, with significant risk to others, leave my mind open for reading to facilitate this request.
Thank you and have a great day! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

@TimWV, hehe, I’ll do my best. If I wasn’t working soo much I’d be knocking these out a LOT faster, BUT, as they say, RLGITW (Real Life Gets In The Way).

2 Likes

Orange (FLAVRZ) 6% (5-12-23) – I spent a little extra time with this one, to better try and explain it. It was very good at 6%, and really seemed to be a mix of natural and artificial combined. It was a neat one as it never really seemed to be either, but both. At times I thought it was almost orange soda-y, but not completely. At times I got an almost tangerine undertone, mixed with a nice juicy orange. On the finish, there was always a nice citrus oil effect, that really closed the deal. Fairly fresh, somewhat juicy, and it really did straddle both the natural and artifical both, which would allow it to be used much more than if it were one OR the other. Not candied, nor a soda, and sweetness was at about mid level, with no off-notes to be had. It was a really good orange that straddled more than one type, and with some interesting trangerine (almost) undertones with a really impressive citrus oil (almost) finish. Too good to nit-pick, and it would really work for most, if not all of my orange needs, including a GREAT orange-sicle. Placing this little juicer high at 9.6/10.

11 Likes

I am trying not to drum my fingers as I await your review on the Vanilla Custard @SessionDrummer

I figure you will “get to it” as I know you have a couple of others there to do, but am really curious as to what your thoughts are as it will be a while until I get to mix mine. :smiley:

7 Likes

Peach (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-13-23) – “Golden Yellow and Delicious” were my immediate take-aways on this flavor. WOW, because FLAVRZ got this one right too. After a short break in, and 3 testers later, this one stayed impressive. It didn’t present like a fresh picked peach, BUT, it did taste more like peaches in syrup, sans the syrup. What I really liked was it had plenty of rich yellow almost canned peaches nuances, with some nice ripe aspects on the top if that makes sense. Typically peaches for me are one or the other, meaning ripe OR (fill in the blank), but here we had BOTH. Sweetness was about mid level, and despite really leaning towards peaches in syrup, it was in no way syrupy, or sickly sweet. Just a hint or tart, and just surrounded in juicy yellow peach is the best way I can explain this flavor. It was nicely full at 8% with no off-notes, and it was also very hard to nit-pick. I think your needs for a peach will decide better than I can, but for an (almost) peaches in syrup, with great ripe notes, and a touch of apricot, you can’t go wrong with this one. Most of my uses will favor a peach like this, and therefore will rate it fairly high, with no real issues or nitpicks. 9.6/10.

11 Likes

The term Natural used by use, indicated how it is made. There in no or little artificial flavourings. Hope that helps explain the naming.

4 Likes

Thank you for the details @Jetz. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pear (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-14-23) – Getting the “sugar sand” effect from any flavor can be almost impossible, including Pear flavors. Sadly I did not get it from this one, BUT, I seldom do with any Pear flavor. This one started out really good, but kind of fizzled out near the end. It had SOME Pear nuances, and a very distinct “green-ness” that was SIMILAR to a Green Apple, BUT, without the tart or sharp notes, so similar was just for lack of better terms. Even at 8% it was a lighter flavor, and you COULD indeed get some Pear FROM it, but it wasn’t overtly a Pear. Perhaps going even higher might have worked, but it just seemed like a lighter flavor. No off-notes, and nothing out of place, but it just needed a bit MORE of the Pear that was in there. What I did get was a fresh, green pear, lightly sweet, and it had a really nice “crisp” finish. Not tarty like a green apple, but “crisp” was the best way to describe it. All in, a good START for a Pear, but it would need a little boosting to help it. All in a good, but fairly light/recessed fresh pear. The ONLY take-offs were for the fairly recessed nature OF the flavor not the flavor itself. It felt good at 6.5/10.

8 Likes

Peacharine (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-14-23) – One of the MOST interesting things for me when testing flavors, is when two (or more) known, easily identifiable flavors are mashed up, and they take on a completely NEW light. This one, WAS one of those flavors. I went into this one thinking I would simply identify what ratio each of the main notes were, and move on. That DID however, prove to be complicated, hehe. A Peach, and a Nectarine meet in a bar and … You get the idea. Now what was most interesting, was I had JUST tested FLAVRZ’s Peach with great results, and had expected that to show up here as well. If it WAS, it was ingeniously concealed. If I looked REALLY hard, (at times) I could almost pick out a Peach, and Nectarine, but overall, the two were soo well blended / ratio’d, that I couldn’t detect either. The melding of the two, REALLY did present as a NEW flavor of sorts. Juicy, fresh, and with nuances OF Peaches and Nectarines, but fully neither. No overt tartness, sour, or sharp notes overall, and no off-notes either. At 8% it was actually really good. If you want a UNIQUE fruity mashup that probably tastes like NOTHING on your racks right now, this one WILL fill that spot. Because it rode the lightning, and was just perfectly split between the two main flavors, you could get a lot of use out of this one, and in a myriad of recipes. I like to be surprised with flavors, and it doesn’t happen as often any more, but this one, DID, just that. A really unique pairing from FLAVRZ, that really did seem to create a NEW flavor from the mashup. Hard to mark down just because of the lack of identifiable fruits, and marking UP, for the execution on it. Handily a 9.3/10.

10 Likes

The new Capella pineapple is a great substitute for vta sugarloaf.

3 Likes