FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

@IcePickAbortion that is an interesting observation. I had to check my compare/contrast to remind myself.

Fresh Pineapple (CAP) 3% (1-16-22) – OK, is it better than CAP’s Golden Pineapple ?? I think it is. Now, I smelled this one in the bottle, and it was a little punchy, so I decided to drop it to 3%, and one tester down, I’m wondering if I could have pushed it to 4% for some more presence. As it stood, for MY tastes, it was far juicier, and indeed fresher than CAP’s aforementioned pineapple. Nice bright yellow chunks, in pineapple juice is what I got from this one. Not candied, not cooked, but just fresh juicy chunks in juice. At times I did wish it had just a bit MORE, so that was probably my fault for dropping it to 3%, and I think I’ll change my rec. to 3.5-4.0% for a single flavor. The mid notes were perfectly paired with the bright higher notes, and it was very convincing, and did taste very natural. Nothing off-putting, and the juicy/fresh aspects carried all the way through till the end of the test. Now it might not be quite able to topple my personal Pineapple fav. Sugarloaf, but I could see running them in tandem, or pairing this with another like INW’s Pineapple to really push things. By itself, it was quite good, and worth picking up. I can see why CAP added this to their roster, to better accommodate Pineapple-ers. This felt pretty good at 8.4/10.

Sugarloaf Pineapple (VTA) 4% (6-9-20) – Having just tested VTA’s Pineapple Juice, and having had a “so-so” reaction to it, AND, having used this one many times, was anxious to really solo it. My previous experience in mixes, mirror my SFT here. This one is a Pineapple Powerhouse. No other way to put it. It actually pushed my beloved INW Pineapple off it’s perch as my number one. This “sugarloaf” pineapple should be re-named “sugarLOAD” pineapple. It’s sweet, bright, punchy, and damned delicious. It leans on the sweet side, but not too sweet. Sugarloaf pineapple is a white pineapple, that I’ve never eaten, but I sure would LIKE to now. Very natural, multi-dimensional, and interesting to vape. Nothing artificial tasting to my tastes, and wherein VTA’s Pineapple Juice presented to me as somewhat dull and/or lifeless, this one was the exact opposite. BPD (Bright, Punchy, Delicious), just is really all you need to know on this one. Typically I would think even as good as this is, it will probably be mixed with INW Pineapple, or maybe CAP Golden Pineapple just to round things out, but I’ve used it as the only Pineapple and it worked out GREAT.. So it’s not required, but an option. This one leaned heavier in the mid and high notes, with less lower/darker notes, and it does it well. Hands down a GREAT flavor, and IMO, should be on your VTA Must Have List. 10/10, zero hesitation.

4 Likes

No doubt. I’ve found it a perfect substitute for VT Sugarloaf.

4 Likes

Peanut (FLAVRZ) 6% (5-14-23) – “Sometimes, you feel like a nut …”. And this IS one of those times my friends. Matter of fact, if you’re allergic to nuts you may NOT want to try this one, as it was damned peanut-y. At 6% it was about perfectly situated, and didn’t feel over, or under-powered. No off-notes, or overt artificial notes either. It presented as a slightly salty, slightly sweet Peanut. It had JUST that right amount of earthy-ness to sell itself, but without being overpowering. After 3 testers, nothing changed, and I liked it just as much as I did on the first tankful. Crisp, peanut-y with some earthy tones, and just enough salty and sweet to sell it. To be accurate, it was more sweet than salty, by maybe a 2:1 ratio, and that still left it just below mid-level sweet. It was strong enough without being overpowering, and lingered on the tongue which was actually very much LIKE eating fresh peanuts. About the only take-off would be for the slightly higher than expected sweetness, which just ever so slightly pushed it out of 100% authentic, BUT, that didn’t stop me from powering through 3 testers before I knew it. Solidly a mostly realistic Peanut, with barely any take-offs, I had no choice but to leave this hgih @ 9.0/10.

9 Likes

@Jetz just finished testing the EXCELLENT FLAVRZ Peanut, and couldn’t find it in the website to leave the review. Searching, revealed the Peanut Butter (next on deck), but no Peanut.

2 Likes

Peanut Butter (FLAVRZ) 6% (5-14-23) – Having JUST tested FLAVRZ’s Peanut, I had expected this to be THAT, with some creameries added, and what I actually got, was something else. Not really the Peanut Butter I had expected, but it was almost a melding of a Peanut, and a Honeycomb almost. VERY interesting, and NOT what I expected. It’s not what I would call a traditional Peanut Butter. I was def. getting SOME Peanut in it, but there WAS an almost distinct Honeycomb note in there, throughout the entire vape. I wouldn’t call it off-putting, but it didn’t push it into the “traditional” peanut butter. It had some mouthfeel, and richness, but creamy wasn’t what came to mind when trying to describe it. It was very full but not ceiling smashing @ 6%, and didn’t feel like it was bending. It did share some of the slight earthy tones as the Peanut, but even less with this flavor, and despite trying to re-evaluate the main center note I was getting, I kept just going right back to a Honeycomb. It actually was a VERY good flavor, and I think a lot of you will love it, BUT, maybe not as a Peanut Butter. I’ll have to down rate it a bit, as it just never fully made it to the creamy butter part of the peanut butter, BUT, don’t let that stop you from picking this one up, as it was actually QUITE good, and I could think of some new(er), and unique uses for it. Down rating for named profile to 6.5/10, BUT, if I had to rate it on TASTE alone, I would probably boost it up 2.5 points to a 9.0/10.

9 Likes
4 Likes

This is another one of those flavours that I think I’ve had trouble with regional differences, only one or two that I like from this profile.
Out of interest I looked at the difference in salt and sugar between what I would normally eat and an American brand. Big difference in the amount of sugar (not surprising), while slightly higher for the salt.
I always see “creamy” mentioned it’s not a word I’d associate with peanut butter I’ve eaten.

4 Likes

Correct, peanut butter here is just peanuts and salt basically. The only thing close in STRALIA would be the SKIPPY brand from Costco

3 Likes

Where is that Mango recipe??? I did the Control F for find and I don’t see it in this thread?

2 Likes

Think your forgetting about bega. It’s all surgery and delicious.
We have the all the same ingredients. Skippy also is pretty close to pure peanut butter. Though it has other oils and emulsification agents to keep it from separating. A good chunk of our American peanut butter is just peanuts.

2 Likes

I was thinking that as that’s the one I like. Used to be Kraft but they sold it off to Bega. Fairly high sugar content, just ask my diabetes… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer Really, only up to the P’s…

Going to be a while until you get to the V’s I guess…

:man_shrugging: :hugs:
rofl

2 Likes

@KC111

6 Likes

@Ianc13 I’m going to CHEAT, and push the VC, Vienna, and Ice Cream to the FRONT. 1-2 more days steeping Sir.

5 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::triumph: that’s just Blasphemous LOL :joy: I haven’t tried the new Cap Pineapple. Though if my thoughts are correct and VT Sugarloaf Pineapple disappears from stock at least there’s a suitable replacement.

7 Likes

That is breaking protocols :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah. I was pleasantly surprised with how similar they are. The new Capella pineapple is a winner for sure.

4 Likes

Shhhhh, knock it off mate! Lol.

5 Likes

Finally got my Just Sweet. Apart from the label triggering my OCD big time (creases make it look like it was maybe one that was going to be discarded), the amount of sediment is a little concerning. Every other sweetener I have seen has been clear, this is an opaque white after shaking and a solid 1/4 sediment on the bottom before shaking. Not sure if it’s the way it is meant to be but will let you know when I find out for sure.

8 Likes

@Ianc13, @Jetz I wonder if that is Stevia based ??

4 Likes