FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

Why we have a bit of a chuckle at 3 week ripening or months or ripen flavours… not the right stuff to be using in the first place in our opinion. Everything has a purpose or an application, whilst yes some will cross over, but at a cost.

Nice to feel empowered and getting somewhere a lot easier… nice That is what it is all about.

3 Likes

Be careful, you may have a few in that order that may be on your list… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

How did you go with your SB FZ recipe??

4 Likes

It was great I was all set to make a bigger bottle when I got distracted by rum & raisin. :crazy_face:
I have also thrown the mangos at it successfully yesterday, resisted the temptation of adding apricot as well.
When you posted this I was pulling out boysenberry to try that as well. Just sniffed honeycomb might have to throw a touch of that in too.

4 Likes

Congratulations @TimWV, and welcome TO, the party. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

4 Likes

As I’m testing the FLAVRZ Sponge Cake, and reading this thread again, it’s very interesting how FAR we have come here. Hell even I was skeptical when I FIRST learned of FLAVRZ, because I just didn’t know. I know there WERE many thoughts of re-branding/re-bottling, which is fair, when something “new” pops up, and no one knows about it, but wow.

I’m still knocking them off the list, and Darren keeps populating his list of recipes, and more people are getting involved, AND now it’s apparent that FLAVRZ runs multiple, multi-million dollar Gas Spectrometer rigs, AND, can, and does MATCH flavors.

Look how far this has come. Sometimes, just sometimes, it’s NICE to be surprised.

9 Likes

To many flavours not enough years Vape quicker The Way The Top brass is going future generations wont know The joy we have

6 Likes

That was the one I forgot to order, I wanted to make lamingtons.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Sponge Cake (FLAVRZ) 8% (5-28-23) – Yum was the word of the day with this one. Who doesn’t love a good spongy sponge cake ? This one presented as a very good sponge cake, BUT, with some yellow cake notes as well. Realizing there are multiple Sponge Cakes out there, the ones I bake always have egg whites, and Baking Soda. This one had many of those characteristics, and was pretty accurate in doing so. I did seem to get some other almost “yellow cake” notes in there as well, and it seemed to rich-en it up a bit, and gave it more body. Many times I thought I could almost TASTE the Baking Soda. At 8% it was very full, and did NOT leave you wanting, and was unmistakably cakey. Sweetness was a few ticks above mid-level, and there were no off-notes, and smelling it, was JUST like tasting it. What you smelled was what you got. In keeping with a traditional SC, it was lighter, without heavy egg yolk or butter notes, but was in no way thin. I was surprised by how rich it was, and that’s where I think I was detecting some yellow cake notes. Not many, but it tasted like it had a little more “weight” than just a light SC. It was an impressive flavor, and I had blown through all 3 testers before I knew it. Light, cakey, with some heavier YC (Yellow Cake) notes thrown in on top. If you love the cake, and need/want one of the Sponge variety, you might as well sign up for this one. Not sure if it’s a take-off or not, because the YC notes that I felt I got, seemed to fatten it up JUST enough, without being overbearing, and because it worked so well, not sure if I could take-off for them. Going to leave this at a 9.2/10, because it was too good not to, and it’s cakey-ness could not be ignored.

11 Likes

Without even try our flavours which I find fascinating… nothing like a bit of trolling… But hey it is what it is

4 Likes

I was skeptical too but the first single flavour tests you did and the participation from @Jetz made me place an order. So far I like what I have enough to place another order for double the number of flavours. Like I said before it has sparked in me a desire to make my own recipes. I have over 200 of the most commonly used flavours of the recent era flv, ssa, wf etc and they did not trigger me to experiment like this has.

3 Likes

I have the ingredients for this will be trying when I have the time. I was thinking of doing a rum and raisin tobacco so this is a good starting point.

Edited - you are a bad bad man Weis bar recipe too!! I saw mention of that earlier and though that is a great idea! For the non Aussies - weis bars are mango real fruit and vanilla ice cream heaven

7 Likes

I didn’t realise I got to so many, I’ve used 15 in a mix now, a few I SFT. So I’m getting a better idea now, not all need to be pumped up.

I’m hard pressed to think of any so far that were strikes, so that’s a good strike rate. :+1:

I’ve also done the maths it will work out cheaper using all FLAVRZ than other more known brands. It might be different in the States but in Aussie $ it adds up.

Thanks @Jetz saving that Rum & Raisin, winning I ordered the missing ones in there today. :smiley:

6 Likes

Damn that missing one flavour strikes again, saving anyway go the Weis Bar! :tada:

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. And…I too am missing one flavour for the weis bar - see if I can get it added to my order before it ships

5 Likes

Well to SOME degree, a healthy bit of “trolling” can yield better results, as perhaps it did, in this case.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear that @Nuromanzer, and hopefully we share similar palates, and your results are similar to mine. Obviously this is not ALWAYS the case, hehe, BUT, for those times where it IS the case, hopefully I can save you, and others some time, and/or help preview flavors.

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you @marsh8. I’d previously received some criticisms on Reddit, for my review numbers. I fully explained the process, and WHY I gave a number(ed) rating, and that (believe it or not), in the beginning the numbers were supposed to be JUST for me. For my personal database, and ratings JUST for me. Well, hehe, as time wore on, and more people started reading my reviews, it became apparent that OTHER people seemed to like them as well. This put some pressure on me, because I didn’t want anyone to buy or NOT buy anything solely based on my numbered ratings.

Many times I can actually CHOOSE the flavors I review. This means I can PICK what sounds good to me, and many times I get lucky, and there ARE a lot of high score-ers. Obviously you can’t just rate everything 10/10 or that would devalue the entire review/rating system.

Thus far, ONCE I got the percentages worked out, I’ve not really had many duds.

4 Likes