FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

Bakery Bonanza (Flavrz), yes it is a secret flavour concentrates. though can get our team to add it up.

Would use the following for a pastry base.
Bakery Bonanza (Flavrz) - 6% - not sure if @sessionsdrummer has that in the secret stash :innocent:
Sugar Cookie 2 (Flavrz) - 3%
Sponge Cake (Flavrz) - 2%
Shortbread (Flavrz) 0.1-0.2%

Would add in Vanilla Bourbon - aka Bourbon @ 0.2% to get a vanilla note without adding creams, plus will give it a more soft grain feel, or just vanilla (flavrz) though at 0.1-0.2% if you are chasing on in the base. Also Marshmallow (Flavrz) will add to the puff pastry here as well @ 1% oddā€¦ though again depends what you are looking for. This is more a Puff Pastry base above.

The options are endless as you could add cookie dough (Flavrz) instead of the sponge cake, cookies & cream (flavrz) , Golden Syrup (flavrz) , golden butter (flavrz) to spin it a different way.

That should give you something to work with.

4 Likes

Coconut ice only if itā€™s mixed with pineapple juice and spiced rum :tropical_drink:. Iā€™ll take two Pina Coladaā€™s pleaseā€‹:rofl:

4 Likes

This is the coconut slice I was thinking you where going to do

Though I would try the lemon tart (Flavrz) in there at 0.3-0.5% to get something like this

[

Lemon Coconut Slice - New & Improved

https://bakeplaysmile.com ā€ŗ Recipes
](Lemon Coconut Slice - New & Improved - Bake Play Smile)

3 Likes

That was originally what I planned it just seemed to turn more into a vanilla slice without the pastry. I go off on a many tangents very quickly. :rofl:

Oh a Kiwi baking recipe canā€™t go wrong :tada:

4 Likes

@Jetz, I canā€™t NOT ask. Secret Flavor ??

1 Like

Now, Iā€™m going to check ā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks I will have a look when I place my next order. I am not a custard head but one of the best I have had (after the original grants and an oldie that was called redwood blend). was an uk liquid that was a custard slice more traditional but really good. IMHOā€¦custard is better with pastry :slight_smile: when having it, I thought it would be great if it was more of a Aussie vanilla slice. Itā€™s not available outside the uk so been thinking of making my own version now I am back in Aus, this is a good starting point. I also have an idea for a twist on a fruit pie might play with that a bit.

4 Likes

@marsh8, Iā€™ve never had a ā€œLemon Sliceā€, and not 100% sure what it is. Like a Lemon Meringue Filling sandwiched in between to layers of pastry ?

1 Like

Iā€™m still not located any Bakery Bonanza, BUT, it sure sounds good. I took the liberty of making the Pastry/Crust Base recipe, so I can save it for later useā€¦

3 Likes

I would think a slice would be pretty popular in Australia. Thereā€™s a million and one varieties. Another good one Raspberry Jam Coconut Slice.

Suppose you could think of it like a big rectangle cookie that is cut up in to pieces. A biscuit base with a topping of your choosing, peppermint slice, caramel slice I could go onā€¦cheesecake slice which is just basically a rectangle one. :wink:

I hope that makes sense.

5 Likes

You can not claim that for the land of the big white cloudā€¦ plus you live is STRALIA MATE!!!

3 Likes

Might have a slightly different name - like Bonaza Swirl or Bakery something ā€¦

3 Likes

Na I was complementing Kiwi baking recipes I use them more than Aussie ones to be honest when I bake.

Aussie with a Kiwi passport here, voted for 20 years before AEC kicked me off the roll. :joy:

3 Likes

Now Iā€™m hungry. Thanks @marsh8.

4 Likes

@Jetz

From the archives: Flavor Revolution had (has?) one by that name. Kind of a snickerdoodle profile

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer

Am I still ok to offer my opinion on the Flavrz Iā€™ve mixed up in this thread or would you like me to start a different one?
Iā€™m going to be starting my testing this Friday or Saturday.

4 Likes

@Gazza7, I say the MORE the MERRIER mate. Add to the pile. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok thanks.
I just wanted to check as I didnā€™t want to cause any confusion. It makes sense to me but obviously itā€™s your decision.

4 Likes

Thank you @Gazza7, I appreciate it. I never have a problem with anyone posting them on these threads. As always, Iā€™m very curious to hear what YOU think mate.

4 Likes

Itā€™ll take me a shed load longer than you and I donā€™t have nearly as many to try but Iā€™ll give it a go. Mango Jam has my teeth dripping in anticipation.

5 Likes