FLV Ginger Beer Recipe?

I was thinking about adding the champagne for the mouthfeel but Ive never been a fan of the taste so didnt want to have to deal with all that. Unless it can be used in low % just for fiz and not flavor then It might be a nice addition. Ive never tried it.

I thought the honey might give it some body with the hops coupled with the ethyl for the sweetness.

Im a bit unsure about vanilla soda rootbeers etc because from the original recipe I felt those flavors really muted the ginger and seemed unecessary.

3 Likes

I would skip the em… and I would not use fa honey or anything fa…

Ugg no fa… agrees with @BoDarc… no stevia… you just do not need sweeteners with flv… and if you do, stick with the sweetness… you will never go back to the other sweeteners… at all…

Cola is coming out and omg if they do not hurry up, I will jump ship @Flavorah!!!
The new flavors I hope will be out by end of month, but do not hold me to it… there is one flavor snag and I really hope they get it sorted… It’s the most important one, go figure!!! :sob:

So hang in… it won’t be as long as it has been… best I can tell us all…

I will say, you just dont need the fizzy with the hops… I would add in ice… love love that additive… 1-3 bottle drops per 30ml

If you want “body” or mouth feel… add .2% marshmallow… and the best vanilla to use is smooth vanilla. I keep a 4oz bottle of certain flavors and that is one of them.

3 Likes

Experimented with some other flavor companies, had better results with a different ginger. Honey worked quite well actually. Was able to find that english ginger beer aftertaste I was looking for without the hops. Skipped the marshmellow, Ive never experienced mouthfeel from it. Dont care for that Ice enhancer, always gave me a burning lung feeling, and original ginger beer that Im used to is served room temp so. Current recipe isn’t using any flavorah flavors so wont continue the thread. Taste is definitely “subjective”!

3 Likes

RF SC Soda Base might be what you are looking for as far as a fizz effect goes.

3 Likes

(vTA) fizzy sherbet below 1% gives fizz above that and the fizz turns into a citrus sorbet. Versatile flavor in my opinion.

(VTA) creaming soda is a excellent cream soda and does have fizz on its own, but can be amplified with the sherbet.

I don’t know if any of that falls works with your idea/recipe. Just throwing these out there, if you’re still looking for flavors to play with.

2 Likes

I’d love to know what amounts and flavors you used from flavorah to see where you took it…
Some folks do have issues with mouth feel… its all a part of body chemistry etc… but call me curious… :slight_smile:

1 Like