FLV Yam is the PERFECT Pumpkin Substitute

If you’ve ever bought the cans of pumpkin to make a pumpkin pie with (the ones that don’t include spices yet) that’s what this is! I mixed up a trial of 1% and I taste PUMPKIN. I can’t tell you how excited I am about this! Flavorah rocked my world with a flavor I’ve been trying to recreate for years!!!

10 Likes

at lower levels tho… it is a perfect yam… (.2% up to .6% )

This is what is called flavor pushing, when you have pushed a flavor close to point that it changes from one flavor to yet another. Flavorah has quiet a few of those. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yam is a sweet potato, sweet and starchy. I can imagine it working close to the same. Specially as canned sweet potato is one of the foodstuff from the US I’ll never understand. My flatmate use to import a specific brand she liked from back home in the US.

5 Likes

My brother used to say “people only ate sweet potatoes because there was nothing better to eat back then”. I can’t stand them, personally. That sweet potato casserole thing with marshmallows melted on top makes my skin crawl. Oops, sorry about that.

4 Likes

I used canned pumpkin when I make my pumpkin pie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

big ditto here… I just can not get past the taste and texture of the real thing… I only have one recipe with yam… and it’s good… but not even a casual vape for me.

4 Likes

LOL it’s one of our favorite traditional holiday dishes (I’m in Alabama) we add pineapple, brown sugar, Marshmallow, Yams from a can.

3 Likes

It used to be here too, before my grandparents died…
Since then my brother and I won’t touch it.

3 Likes

Cut in half and steamed sweet potato with salted butter are great. Canned stuff is completely different. Loses texture and takes metallic taste.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry :frowning:

2 Likes

I definitely don’t get a metallic taste at all with the FLV Yam

2 Likes

Is fine… some like it and some dont… I may end up toying with it again…
Decided to start today on my website, which means… more solos!!
YAY!! lol… I do have a few of my g grandmother’s yam recipes… will have to do some digging… maybe that can help too… :smiley:

Yes, there is no tin or metal taste to it… it can be rather blah, it is good for a filling… can be used like Michelle said… with the pumpkin spices… but it also goes good with apple pear tangerine and other light fruit tastes… there are a bunch of ways one can play with yam…

3 Likes

Canned Sweet Potatoes are just evil.

Now cooking a fresh one with butter and brown sugar is just awesome. Especially this really odd White Sweet Potato I’ve gotten a few times.

Now I need FLV Yam.

5 Likes

Definitely let me know when it’s up and running :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m in LOVE! LOLOL

1 Like

It’s up and running, but I am missing quiet a lot on it… and I will be adding a shop somewhere… I have enough work to make me even more nuttier than I am now… but I love it! :crazy_face:

Flv Fan Site

2 Likes

So i like pumpkin but unsure what its like to vape is it versatile flavour

1 Like

Good to have admin support on this one :slight_smile:

As per white sweet potatoes, my supplier has them much cheaper than the red one. Did not notice much of a difference in taste but did not pay much attention as it was to bulk up/sweeten peanut and leaf sauce.

1 Like

For my taste buds and their concentrates it also pushes Mango (4 drops in 10ml SFT) to the most glorious Peach (6 drops in 10ml SFT). Guava to grapefruit above .4%. This is why I gotta do single flavor testing.

3 Likes

This is why I have always said, even one drop extra or under, can change a recipe…
but not everyone is as sensitive as I am… and they love use more buy more… eh… :crazy_face: :tada:

2 Likes