Food Recipes:

I’m sorry i didnt get back to you sooner. Ive been having serious Wi-Fi issues. Thank you for posting these videos… I love step by step instruction when it comes to cooking.

Now i have to make those mushroom tacos tomorrow with guacamole and salsa.
I’m not a chef by any means. However, i love to cook. I’m actually thinking about going to culinary school if i can find the time.

4 Likes

Have you ever tried walnut meat tacos?
I soak the walnuts overnight then pulse them in a food processor with onion and garlic for a few seconds, then use the mixture in place of hamburger meat in tacos.
Its really good.

5 Likes

That is very intriguing and sounds delicious, albeit a little pricey.
I’m going to try it.
Or maybe mushrooms AND walnuts!

4 Likes

Now that sounds good !

3 Likes

That’s such a great idea.

In what do you soak the walnuts? Just water?

3 Likes

Yes just water. I then drain the water, add the walnuts garlic, onions and seasonings to a food processor and blend for a few seconds. I then throw the mixture into a frying pan for about 10 minutes, then make my tacos.

4 Likes

I tried it out, that walnuts were delicious!

@robin Thank you! That will go into my „rotation“:pray:

6 Likes

A little update for your walnut proposal:

Walnut stuffed peppers

10 Likes

I’d eat those.

3 Likes

Just made a crustless quiche with spinach, eggs, onion, red, yellow, red, orange and and green pepper. I added Italian sausage for the meat and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sauteed the veggies while browning the sausage. Then added the spinach to have it cook down. Mixed it all together in a large casserole dish, added the whipped eggs, topped with more cheese and baked at 350 for about 35 minutes. Topped it with a low carb pasta sauce (Rau’s) when it was plated. Was delicious and completely legal on my low carb food plan.

7 Likes

Oh wow, i definitely have to try that. Do you bake them or eat them as is?

4 Likes

Wow. Thanks for this one. I seldom get the mini-peppers and stuffing them with goodies is a great idea.

3 Likes

I baked them, 35 min @350F. I like temperature control at my oven too.:wink:

4 Likes

Ok, im going to bake some over the weekend.

3 Likes

What did you mix the walnuts with? I may throw in some cheese and spinach

4 Likes

@robin That sounds like a tasty combination. And by the way, I just finished the last of my crustless quiche. It really was good enough that I may make another batch this weekend. It’s great for lunches and dinners.

4 Likes

I did a little bit of onion and a carrot with the walnuts. And some avocado oil. A bit of chilly and salt.

4 Likes

That sounds good too. Ok

3 Likes

Quiche sounds like a great idea. I make a really good vegan quiche. Next time i make it ill show you a picture.

4 Likes

I’ll look forward to seeing it. I just made another batch of the Italian Sausage quiche so I have it ready for dinners this week. Still doing the low/no carb food plan and plan to stick with it until I hit my goal weight. Lunch today will be an avocado with fresh salsa. Hope you are having a great weekend.

5 Likes