Food Recipes:

Food Recipes:

I love to peruse the dessert websites when I get a new fruit in; to get ideas of combinations, textures, and yes, even recipes. Look at a food recipe and keep it simple. Experiment, play around. If you notice that the recipe calls for creams, see if you can’t break it down and figure out some creams that would work.

A perfect example is the milkshake again. You know that you’re going to need strawberry (pretty obvious), so you use 2 strawberries. One for a fleshy meaty texture, one bright to keep it going in the flavor so it doesn’t fade away. Ok, that’s ice cream right? So we put in some ice cream, but VBIC is a little on the spicy side so we tone it down with the dairy/milk because what is ice cream? Milk. I personally find the vienna to be a nice sweet and creamy light vanilla addition to the VBIC and it just helps level the cream side out. The entire time I made the recipe, I was thinking of a real milkshake. What flavors would I get? Then I made it accordingly.

Pies, creams, custards, cakes, fruits, mixed drinks, tobaccos, sodas, slurpees, tea, coffee etc. all have real life food recipes/versions. Look at what’s in them. Study multiple recipes of the same thing to find the common flavors. Use what you have or order what you need to accomplish the recipe. There will be many times that you will already know what a flavor will do because you have used it before.

A good example, is if you are looking for a flaky crust. If you’ve used biscuit before, you know it can provide something along those lines. Get you a couple of booster notes like a bread or a cookie to accomplish what kind of crust you are looking for. Each one will be different for each recipe.

Different cultures have different tastes; different ways of cooking and producing a taste. What may in America be recreated with Bavarian cream, in italy, they might use a more vienna style. I can’t reiterate this enough. LOOK AT A FOOD RECIPE. It will save you a TON of headache. Knowing the ingredients is half the battle.

Garage sales have some of the best cookbooks. Big Betty knows her stuff. Many of the older ones will have gem recipes that cannot be found online. If you really feel adventurous, actually make the food recipe. You will know exactly how the crust should taste, feel, flake, texture. You’ll know if the fruits are soft, cooked taste (perhaps a slight ferment/bake thing), juicy, dry. You’ll know if it’s creamy rich, creamy thick, creamy light, vanilla cream, etc. If you have the opportunity to try the food version before making the vape version, I’d definitely recommend it.

12 Likes

the only problem for me , is when i try a food recipe first i get caught up on trying to get it exactly like the real thing , which we all know is unlikely , but i do agree , just dont get caught up with the idea it has to be exact , with that out of the way you will have a better experiance

8 Likes

Why can it not be exact? Keep trying untill it IS. Its all about balance,know how and being resourceful. When you get a new flavors have you ever had that aha moment and at last a flavor profile becomes complete. It can be done may the force be with you.

4 Likes

one can believe what they want , and i believe that the taste of a vape cannot be exactly replicated although it can taste like something and we do strive to get things as close as we can this belief of mine cannot be swayed

5 Likes

My thin mints are EXACT in taste and texture

3 Likes

Give it time. One day you’ll find something that is exact and it’ll hit you.

3 Likes

in your opinion they might be , in my opinion there isnt a way to have a vape have the same texture as a solid MY OPINION

4 Likes

Time ??? ive vaped for years and have had 100s of different vapes IMO ive never tasted something that. is exactly the same as the real food especially in texture , i get what your thinking but for me it isnt EXACTLY identical ( difference between vape and actual food ) i dont need time the opinion wont change but thanks for the professional opinion smh

2 Likes
4 Likes

this would be so fun to make with the kids , ty im always trying to find things like this to do , friday we are making pizza from scratch the dough and all

2 Likes

didn’t want to jack this post, created a food recipe thread for food recipes.

4 Likes

ahhhhh now im wondering what you posted

1 Like

Oh goodness, folks, I just had peach ice cream for the first time in my life today.

need to get a recipe, stat lmao

4 Likes

Lets bump up this thread.
Lets see those recipes :grinning:

5 Likes

If you like hummus, you must try my recipe.

Garlic and roasted red pepper hummus ( Vegan)
1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed ( save the liquid)
2 tablespoons of tahini
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
1 whole roasted red pepper
1 tsp chia seeds
2 tsp hemp seeds
2 cloves of garlic ( chopped into small pieces)
2 tsp of salt ( optional)
1 tsp spicy brown " honey" mustard ( Honey mustard = mix two tablespoons of mustard with 1 tablespoon of agave. Store the leftover in an airtight container, in the frig )
2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil ( for an oil free version, use 2 tablespoons of the liquid from the can of chickpeas instead)
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with chopped garlic and dried coriander ( optional)
Enjoy

10 Likes

I like this post.
Not sure where the thread took it but whatever.
One of my most successful recipes that is mine all mine, is honeybun. Im talking ejuice recipes here, lest we be confused.
I was drawn in originally by “Author Michelle Hugh’s” post, “the elusive honeybun”. I was inspired by the many different opinions and ideas from several competent mixers, and others who just loved talking about the “gas station donut” fondly.
So first, I wrote down what I THOUGHT a honeybun should taste like, from memory. I wrote down “flavor profiles” that i thought COULD BE in a honeybun.
Grease? Powdered sugar? Cinnamon? Honey? Fried dough? Cake? Vanilla?Nutmeg? Yeast? And wrote them all down.
Then I opened all my drawers of approximately 340 flavors and simply pulled all of the extracts that I thought might in any way contribute. I had a pile of around 35 bottles.
Then it was off to the store to purchase a box of honeybuns. Not just any honeybun, but the little debbie honeybun, which for me is the benchmark.
I brought them home and began taking bites and making notes, ranking the flavor profiles on a scale of 1 to ten, I.e…grease, 2, honey, zero, apple pie, 6, etc. Making notes after each bite on an individual profile. Closing my eyes and concentrating on each of the different flavors.
Then I took the bottles and simply started sniffing them, maybe knuckling the more hopeful ones, again, ranking them in how important i felt they would be in the end product.
Then I decided to make 3 recipes, one that had more flavors than one should use, one simple one with less flavors to see how simple would hold up, and one that I hoped would be the goldilocks, somewhere in between.
And I built the recipe, which by now I had determined was really just bad apple pie flavored donut, but delicious.
I read flavor notes on the “all star” flavors to be sure I didn’t use inappropriate ratios.
And had honeybun go-nuts (complicated), honeybun 2 (goldilocks), and honeybun 3 (simple).
Honeybun 2 won for accuracy of flavor, and its my favorite, and while 3 was incorrect, it is also very delicious.
I feel as if I may have gotten a little lucky, but I nailed it.
I’d like to try your thin mints recipe. Is it public?

6 Likes

Okay so my original take on this thread was making ejuice from food recipes.
I think I was right.
But it appears “Robin” has not only bumped it but now welcomes true food recipes.
Good Lord.
I’m a walking recipe head.
But very little in the way of written recipes, more techniques.
But I’ll grab the wheel for a minute.

4 Likes

So funny.
I worked as a chef (“hired gun” temp) at a Country Club in Arizona that is a 55 and older community that also builds homes and uses high dollar concerts at their venue to attract customers on weekends to their community, hoping they’ll buy there. I’m talking high dollar shows.
I cant remember them all, Skynyrd was one, Joan Jett too.
I worked the Joan show, and on her Rider was “roasted red pepper hummus”.
I made Joan’s hummus for her green room.
Now when I take it to parties I call it “Joan Jett red pepper hummus”, and people pretend to be delighted!
I’ll look for that recipe, though you have it covered quite nicely right there.
For starters I think I’ll start with my salsa. It really is worth sharing. There’s so many mediocre salsas, and this one is treasured by those close to me.
Unfortunately its on video.
So I need to go get it from Youtube and see if I can figure out how to post it here.

6 Likes

Okay, so…
This is a video produced by my friend Chad, and we made 5 recipes that day which I’ll be happy to share, but I must explain, he edited the footage just for salsa from a whole day of Mexican food cooking, so a lot of the prep is already done, and as a stand alone video this may seem a bit incomplete.
I should probably break it down to measurements but if you watch carefully I call out most of them as I go, I might have missed the red onion amount, which is about a cup and a half.
Here you can all see what me and my kitchen look like.
And if you’ve ever watched a video from Dan the man, you’ll see why I have a soft spot in my heart for him because I behave similar to the way he does in his videos, except Chad edits out the big “Mr Magoo” moments (but not all).
Any questions let me know.

10 Likes

Oops
Guacamole…

8 Likes