Foxy Augvape green leather mod

This little Foxy one augvape mod has been my fav so far, but I am a bit bummed out that the green leather wrap has started to peel off. I have been thinking about super gluing it on so it stops peeling, but not sure how superglue would react to the mod heating up. Any suggestions?

7 Likes

Um shit I cant think of name… There are a couple places that do silicone wraps and other good skins…Damn ill have to ask again …I troed super glue in the past and it doesnt hold up well … Contact glue/ would prob work better

4 Likes

I’ve had good results using 3M Scotch-Weld PR600
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40066929/

5 Likes

Use rubber cement. Apply to mod and back of vinyl. Allow cement to dry. Be careful when you put it back on. Alignment is critical. Once the two glued pieces come into contact they are stuck for good.

7 Likes

it should be called ‘unforgiving adhesive’

6 Likes

Exactly why I can’t use it. I TRY to be careful but maybe thats the problem eh?

2 Likes

Lay a piece of paper between the two glued surface’s. Makes alignment easier. Hold the mod in the palm then align. Pinch the vinyl at it’s edges using thumb and index fingers. Slowly pull out paper while stretching at the edges. Check to make sure you have it where you want it then press down on vinyl to secure adhesive.
If you’re off remove vinyl and reapply adhesive to both surfaces. Rince and repeat.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tips all, guess im not the only one this has happened to lol.

3 Likes

No you’re in good company on that. I’ve had 2 needing a makeover. What irks me though is when the finish on an atty starts to peel or wear off. My fav at one point was an RDTA named the Coilart Azeroth. All black for a time. Then it became an ugly two-tone and now it’s down to bare metal. So I took a buffer to it and clear coated it. Now it’s one of the better looking atty’s just gathering dust.

4 Likes

I was lookin at that mod but couldn’t pass up the Deal on this Ijoy Capt Link 100W 21700 mod with a pod tank.I don’t bother with the pod tank but its the same size as the Foxy and has a nice chip set and raised rubber gripping.Its pretty sweet for 37$ straight from china.Took 3 weeks to arrive but prob saved 30$ in price point and adult signature fees n taxes-Health Cabin has some good deals now n then.I use my Mesh Rtas on it, mainly the larger ones like the Doom X cause it has a bigger bottom n not as top heavy as my other stand up cylinder mods

2 Likes