Free base nic in lost vape ursa nano pod

Hello. I have started vaping for about 8 months. I have a lost vape Ursa Nano pod with maximum power of 18 watts, and I use salt nic 25 mg. But since I have acid reflux, I think the problem is due to too much nicotine and It is one of the flavorings. That’s why I want to use freebase nic 6mg. I wanted to know if I use a 0.8 or 0.6 ohm cartridge on this pod, can I put freebase E-liquid inside it? Will there be any problems with the cartridge and coil? Is its flavoring good or bad

3 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Sneaky72.

5 Likes

Hello @Sneaky72- and welcome. I am not a POD guy myself- and have no knowledge. Hang in there- and one of the crew will help you out shortly. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

When did the acid reflux start? Unless you are drinking the juice i doubt thats the cause. On most pods the nic level is that high because it actually only burns at a 2.5mg level in your case. Nic salt hits you almost immediately. Where freebase is over time. But i dont think the salts are causing you the underlying issue. Because to actually say its causing it you would need someone to check you out. Most acid reflux is caused by the foods we eat. Indian food cajun food Or things we drink that have acids in them. Id look into your diet first. I had it for years when i was vaping. Just changed from eating processed foods and it went away.

5 Likes

I have been dealing with reflux for almost ten years. Sometimes it gets better and sometimes it gets worse. I got better by taking some medicines, but it came back after a few months. I am not sure if it is due to vaping. My doctor said that one of the reasons could be nicotine. I used to smoke 6 cigarettes a day, and after start vaping, I used 25 mg of salt. Maybe 25 mg of salt was too much for me, who smoked 6 cigarettes a day.

5 Likes

I would definitely say 25mg/ml nicotine is too much if you smoked only six cigarettes a day.
I smoked over 50 a day and vaped 19mg/ml on a Smok device similar to what you are using.
The salts/freebase debate isn’t going to solve your problem. Reducing your nicotine intake might.
Low power pod device’s are inefficient devices. Salts are fine for vaping. You have been vaping at 25mg/ml and your body has gotten used to that level. I would start slowly reducing your nicotine levels till you get down to 10/12mg/ml level then see how you feel from there.

6 Likes

Its obvious that whatever food you are ingesting is the root cause. Sodiums citrics processed pasta sauce. these are all triggers. When you get it again think of what you ate in the previous 24 hours. Of course when i had it was always worse at night while lying down. But im willing to bet it is your food ingestion thats causing it. I too thought it was vaping causing mine but it was just my poor choice in foods

2 Likes

Do you suggest that I buy a new device?

2 Likes

The problem is vape shops will tell you you need that high as its not equivalent to the mg of a vape on a other devices. Pods generally dont burn the nic off as a higher wattage device. So if someone has 20mg salt in a low wattage device its more equivalent to 2mg of nic to someone who vapes at 50w. Its trying to replicate the experience without the clouds.

3 Likes

So I don’t need to change from Salt to Freebase?

2 Likes

That’s your decision. The device is fine. It’s what you are used to. You already own it. Learn to use it to your advantage.

5 Likes

Not unless it bothers your lungs. Salts is freebase with a acid added to reduce the harshness that allows higher nicotine levels. In the future, and get nicotine levels down and use up the nicotine you have. Then you can consider freebase.

7 Likes

This device also supports 0.6 ohm coil. I don’t know if I can use freebase juices with vg/pg percentage of 70/30 or not? Is it possible for the cartridge to get damaged and leak? I don’t know if it has a good taste with 18 watts Or not?

3 Likes

Your over thinking things. Read your instructions that came in the box. Coils are a matter of preference. The lower the Ohms the faster you eat through your battery. Choose a coil that will that gets you through times when you can’t or is inconvenient to recharge.

Most low power devices want a 50/50 PG/VG mix. Don’t know your particular device but you may be able to use 60/40.

6 Likes

As @rcleven said its what you want. Salt nic is faster results. Where freebase it takes a min. You could try freebase and see if you like it more

6 Likes

You can use 70/30 but it will gunk those coils up quicker. Better to be at 50/50 with them. My buddy used 70/30 but was going through coils quicker. I switched him to 50/50 and his coils last a week or two longer

6 Likes

Unfortunately, in my country, most brands of free base juices are 70/30, for example vgod-dinner lady-dr vape-ripe vapes and…

3 Likes

Maybe its time to make your own. Its a fun little hobby. Its a rabbit hole but its fun lol

3 Likes

The 70/30 mix won’t hurt your cartridge. You are using smaller coils to fit the cartridge. Being a thicker mix the cotton in the coil won’t wick the juice as fast as a higher PG mix.
What will harm a cartridge is the high acid flavors. Citrus flavors will attack the plastic. The cartridge is relative cheap so I wouldn’t worry much.

3 Likes

I have dealt with it all my life. I get it mainly from citrus based foods and have also found that eliquid flavours with lemon gives me problems with it. I have cut out all lemon based flavours from my mixing and now only get it very rarely from vaping. Just something to consider…

6 Likes