French Pastry

@McDuckie or anyone
I took his advice and made a french pastry
it is good but feels like im missing something
what could it be? anyone got any suggestions?
also how long does a cream recipe take to steep?
clotted cream 1.5%
cream filling wf 2.50%
croissant 2%
Powdered Sugar 0;.00
A Shisha Vanilla INAWERA 2
25%
Whipped Cream 1.00$

8 Likes

Needs at least 3 to 4 weeks I reckon being cream based…

7 Likes

???

7 Likes

@Ianc13 is right on creams being treated like custards when steeping. Most traditional ones need a month to settle.

Could you add a formatted recipe, or one with the makers of each flavour - Not knowing the exact ones you are using limits our ability to help.

6 Likes

I am guessing that it’s Powdered Sugar (OoO).

6 Likes

French Pastry

clotted cream (Cap) 1.5%
cream filling (WF) 2.50%
croissant (VTA) 2%
Powdered Sugar (OOO)
Shisha Vanilla (INAWERA) 2%
1 month steeped

I’m assuming these are the flavor makers. I just don’t know the % of Powdered Sugar.

7 Likes

Well, that’s not odd for our crazy lady. I suggest waiting for her to confirm.

6 Likes

This part also confuses me, which WC vendor at 1%? Also, the 25%, is that the flavor % total?

4 Likes

Noooooo…I was going to mix this up RIGHT NOW at 2 am in the morning… :roll_eyes:
She will come back eventually, it may be a few months, but she will be back.

5 Likes

Indeed, though more common than hell defrosting, we can look for returning cows on the hills.

7 Likes

Sorry not much of a morning person. It’s a good start and yes it’s gonna take at least 2 weeks to reach maturity. My only concern is that with all the cream and only 2% croissant, it may become a whole lotta cream little bitty puff pastry. It may need something to sweeten, I’d suggest a marshmallow used low like .50-.75% to help fluff the creams and bring in a little sweetness. I would do something like this

Shisha vanilla is a strong one, even more so after steeping so keep that down around 1. And if you wanted to use WF Cream Filling I’d say go 1.5 and add 1% WF Cream Puff to fill out the croissant.

6 Likes

oh shit sorry i meant powdered sugar at 1.50%

7 Likes

Good call :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you for coming back so quickly!

3 Likes

lol right! haha! Iv’e been more on my recipes and here too

2 Likes

i dont have cream puff but what about a small amt of deep fried pastry dough? or i also have joy (FA)

1 Like

I’ve actually been working on a similar recipe, 7Days Soft Croissant, not sure if it’s French tho…

5 Likes

idk about joy!?? its been in my culboard for well over 2 years n it doesnt smell nearly as nice as deep fried pastry dough either

1 Like

I’ve never tried the deep fried pastry dough, definitely not Joy though it’s good but to me it resembles more of a greasy doughnut. I never used Joy much and gave it away.

2 Likes