Fruit blends falling flat?

I thought us English were known for our sarcasm…:confused:
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I thought us Minnesotans were too…:grin:

2 Likes

Actually, we’re know for our Minnesota “nice” (passive aggressiveness) which I’m also quite good at. Lol

(Yeah, I know I’m talking to myself…)

1 Like

i’m testing a new fruit mix that has 15% total fruit flavors and it’s flat. can hardly taste what’s in it - the orange trick worked, but i’m thinking some flavors may be “cancelling” each other… saw this before with some creams too - this one has 7% Strawberry, 5% Pineapple and 3% Peach (based on a recipe called The Dreamer from ELR)

would be great to capture more experience of flavors we shouldn’t mix together to avoid that “cancellation” effect. we may be able to avoid the “flat” situation in the first place

2 Likes

Yea, it does, it jellies fruit and makes it richer or something. Is that what you get from it @SthrnMixer?

Hmmm…jellies fruit. Haven’t thought about it like that. I’ll have to play around some more. I have a couple mixes I’m vaping right now and can’t say it’s that way with either of them, but then again I wasn’t thinking along those lines. I noticed more of a tartness, what I referred to as that “nice twist” and that is at a usage of 1.5%, but not to the point of actually tasting that Red Bull flavor. Maybe too high for the jellied effect…or maybe too low?

1 Like

Grrr. Now I’m gonna need to start adding this to my mixes for giggles. I’m always in the search for flavor tidbits…like slivers of who knows what it bit…but can live without it. Like cucumber to melons, black pepper to watermelon, and the like.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have mentioned my percent usage on the Mad Fruit. Higher, I was mixing it up with fruits at 2.5% when I first noticed this effect. I said jellied but candied may be a better description. Maybe a bit in the gum chew like category sort of. I don’t know the best way to define the action but, like you say, I do know that it does something nice for fruits. This is making me think to try this with Swedish Gummy and see what happens, hmmm. I think I will try this out just for fun…

2 Likes

So far I’m finding it plays very nicely with berries and melons. Somewhere along the way one of us will hit that nirvana. Queue the trumpets and release the doves I’m on call this weekend so stuck at home. If it’s not too darn busy I’ll mix a few samples - some stone fruits, various berries and will see what it likes to do with cherry. I don’t see this as a candidate for any creams at all, blech! Hey, what do you think about citrus? Hmmmm…maybe a start to a really good punch?

1 Like

You really need to try this 0.5-1.0%, you will find you need to drop your total flavor by 1.0 or 2.0%

It’s this the one that’s supposed to taste like Red Bull, or it’s that something else I’m thinking of?

Punch sound like a great idea I’d try it with some citrus, maybe I’ll try that too…

Yes. And it does taste like Red Bull.

1 Like

I could see how using Mad mix might pair well in an apple blend. Lots of good ideas in this thread!

2 Likes