Fruit blends falling flat?

I’m just wondering what you guys use to give fruit blends a good base, aside from the obvious ie custard, creams, or yogurts. I’m not talking about adding marshmallow for mouthfeel, but more background flavours that give somewhere for the flavours to sort of settle upon.

I’m playing with adding candy flavourings or drink flavours to stop fruit blends from ending up too forward. But i’m wondering about more obscure flavours similar to FLV cantaloupe, but less creamy.

1 Like

I’m wondering the same. So far, my first experiment with cactus is very nice. I also have a few experiments yet to mix, with a tiny amounts of caramel and butterscotch.

1 Like

Cactus, pear, and lime are my favorites to add just a tiny bit of when my fruits are falling flat. I’ve also tried tpa sour, but haven’t really fine a lot with that yet.

2 Likes

I have pear in my shopping cart waiting for some time next month, lol.

1 Like

i tried 2 things lately as a “backdrop” they worked fine (for my taste)
Pineapple: gives this sweet/sour background without taking over - like adds a “dimension” to the flavor mix - i noticed when i add it to a juice, i have the tendency to want to vape it more. seems some of my sensors like it :slight_smile:
Orange: too strong… couple of drops in 10ml will give a refreshing citric-type twist to any juice. i started using it as a “fix your mix” kind of trick for mixes that don’t taste as i expect
both of these are HiLIQ flavors - other vendors flavors may differ in strength

2 Likes

Tiny bit of cactus, maybe Lemon Sicily, maybe pear, an acidic fruit like raspberry?

2 Likes

OMG! I forgot that I have Lemon Sicily now! ~Runs off to scribble new ideas in my notebook…

3 Likes

When I really want a blueberry to pop just an example I use 1-2 drops per 10ml of juicy lemon, real lemon juice, or la tart and sour. I was amazed when I first tried it…I was like a kid in a candy store! I’m sure lemon Sicily or any other lemon would work.

2 Likes

I seem to go on repeat - TPA Dragonfruit :sparkles:

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about. Pineapple hey… which one?

1 Like

I also know tpa strawberry (ripe) is a great booster for a lot of other fruits. But I’m moreso thinking about replacements for creams in a blend. Not really to make flavours more forward ei dragronfruit, lemon, cactus. But surprising background flavours, that won’t take away from fruits. Like maybe using Oak wood or something strange like that.

1 Like

Liquid Stevia (Pyure)?

1 Like

I use TPA sour in almost all my fruit mixes, usually .25 to .5% it brings out the flavors and makes them pop.

3 Likes

How about liqueurs? FA wine champagne is really tasty. I also think FA liquid amber adds a nice dimension to fruits. It smooths them out and adds some background notes. Might be worth a shot!

4 Likes

Brandy is good with fruits, similarly to Liquid Amber but imparts a nice alcohol kick and sweetens a bit.
A small splash of Maple Syrup makes fruits interesting as well also adding some sweetness.

2 Likes

Mad Mix (FA) adds a nice twist to many fruits. I’m just learning this flavor but so far it’s a really fun and interesting one that adds some pop.

4 Likes

unbelievable…:laughing:

1 Like

Couple of things I add on occasions

Lorann Tart and Sour if I want a candy like sour quench to a fruit flavour, quite potent so need to experiment where your level is, so it doesn’t overpower a mix I use 0.5-1% usually.

Apple Cider Vinegar couple of drops in 10ml citric mixes can really make them pop for my tastes

1 Like

Cactus is great for adding ‘juiciness’ to fruity mixtures. BUT, beware, even a tad too much and it’ll very quickly become the main profile. I use it in some of my fruity Greek yogurt mixes to add that effect, but even at 0.5% you can taste it. Which is fine, because I like the flavor, it’s got it’s own unique taste which for some may be a love/hate thing. I think 0.25% is plenty enough behind your main fruits to just ‘pop’ them a little and give them some life

Really? That’s unbelievable?! You must be a little bit slow… :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes