Fruit body

Hi all

So generally my fruit mixes are pretty good IMO, but I feel like most of them lack “body”. They don’t feel “full” or like they have any real mouth feel to them. They feel rather thin and wispy. Not all of them I might add. Do you guys have any tips on how to add a bit of body/mouthfeel/weight/substance to a mix like that without adding any unwanted flavour.

I don’t have this problem at all with any of my desserts or bakeries and I know it comes down to the flavours themselves or adding cream/yogurt in low quantities.

I just can’t think that adding cream to a fruit snow cone profile would fit. I also find that most gummy ingredients add some sort of flavour that doesn’t fit the recipe, even at low %'s.

And in this instance, I’m referring to 70/30 freebase recipes.

Any advice would be appreciated.

7 Likes

Do you use any sweeteners in your recipe?

4 Likes

WF quince jelly, FLV wild melons, SSA Cornish cream, FA vanilla cookie are some of my goto mouthfeel enhancers. Most used lower than average. Soft flavor yogurts and ice creams work well too. Cap sweet guava is good if you use another flavor with a tad of of texture as well.

10 Likes

I use marshmallow & meringue for this, Aldi to sweetener as I’m not keen on it.

9 Likes

CAP supersweet, anything from .5 to 1%, yes.

5 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll try get my hands on those and give them a try. I don’t have any of them in my stash.

4 Likes

Don’t marshmallow and meringue add “fluff and air”?

6 Likes

Yes, which creates texture.

3 Likes

Not quite the “feel” I’m after.

I need something that feels a little fuller and heavier on the tongue.

4 Likes

TPA marshmallow, meringue, will give some fullness, round out the mixes and add sweetness.

8 Likes

What are you looking to do ? Just add skme Body , thickness , mouthfeel ?? Also what fruit flavors are lacking for you ? What you do for a SB is different than what you can add for a Blueberry or lemon…

Btw WF Cotton Candy Jelly Bean works miracles for almost any fruit and I also like to push FLV Cotton Candy higher like 2pct in fruit recipe

Fa Pear can add juicy vibes to a mix but it can also add some “body” with the right fruit

Whipped Creams are light enough to not turn you fruit mix into a Fruits and Cream .

10 Likes

If you’re looking for a rounder “bottom note” and are working with berries, maybe try some Fig(FA) or Plum(INW) at 0.3 to 0.5% Gives a heavier tongue feel without overpowering the brightness of the fruits. I would imagine it would also work for cherries or red apple based mixes, but don’t know how it would fair in melon or citrus. Cheers!

8 Likes

I’ve found it with berries, peach and lychee for instance. Looking for something to add a bit of fullness and weight/density. “Body”, as you put it. Similar to what I get with creams and custards. Most fruit (not all) just seem too thin and wispy, like a watered down juice.

3 Likes

I will try those suggestions as well, thank you @paingawd .

4 Likes

I strongly suggest starting low, as both of those can rather rapidly overpower brighter notes. Best of luck!

5 Likes

Lychee is something i dont enjoy…Pairing Peaches with an Apricot or Nectarine really help Peach Vapes especially since the compounds are similar . Using the Nectarine or Apricot really round out the Peach. There are some nice additives for Berries like FA Candy Jammy Wizard , adding FLV Boysenberry or FA Black Currant, Cap Jelly Candy is fun as well oh and FLV Jammy Berry also

6 Likes

Peach INW is the answer. Not the best peach on its own, but it does what you say you’re looking for. Give it a try if you already have other peaches, it works amazing in a group and is most vocal.

The other i would highly recommend to any peach lover is Peach Apricot Nomz (CSC) which can be easily vaped solo; it’s that good plus it does what you need, one of rare 10/10’s for me (but avoid if you hate apricots). I rarely make a peach recipe without using both (accompanied with other peaches that is); INW 0.25-1% and Nomz 0.1-0.3% when i prefer pure peach, not peach apricot.

Lychee , skip it, too difficult / far off unless you get some Chinese brand. If you really think you can’t live without it, you rather buy some top rated lychee one shot and mix with that as a DIY flavor. Berries is too wide term.

4 Likes

I recently mixed an old favorite peach w/apricot mix and for some reason it doesn’t rock my boat like it used to. Your suggestion is encouraging, thx :+1:

2 Likes

INW Peach I do have. I’ll play around with it a bit.

I will try source the CSC Peach Apricot, but don’t recognize the flavour house.

Lychee isn’t for everyone.

By berries, I mean Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Blackcurrant etc and berry mixes like TPA Berry mix and FA Forest berries.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try getting a couple of these with my next order.

1 Like