Fruit flavor "spiciness" max vg

http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/inawera/fruit-and-sweet/cactus-by-inawera.html

3 Likes

Peach tend to give me an irritation in my throat regardless of which one i use. Got 3or 4 different Peaches now and i get that itchy throat with all of them, maybe less so with Inaweras Peach.

3 Likes

Inawera Peach is very smooth.

3 Likes

Yeah thats why i wrote maybe less so with Inaweras Peach. The INW flavors i got seem to be smoother overall compared to the same flavors from other brands.

3 Likes

Is the blue candy TPA? If so, that flavor has triacetin and for me PERSONALLY, triacetin gives the liquid a bite/ harshness that I do not prefer.

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Yes it is tfa.

2 Likes

Well I have noticed through multiple flavors (another being silly rabbit TPA) that it gives it a very sharp quality. It doesn’t affect the taste, just makes it uncomfortable to vape (for me at least).

3 Likes

The bizarre reaction has happened to me too, not with any of these flavors though. It could be a certain chemical like @Pentine said, where a tiny pinch in one flavor won’t bother you but if that chemical is in several of the flavors it gets to be too much. Best of luck solving this, it sounds like a tasty mix.

2 Likes

Is the flavor itself pretty much where you want it to be? If so try keeping everything the same but knock the ff down to about 2.5% give or take, and add 1.5% fa fresh cream and 1% tpa marshmallow. The combo of those two is really nice, it doesn’t really add a creamy note but it softens up harsher mixes and gives it a fuller mouth feel.

2 Likes

Yes - the main flavor is the FF as I’m trying to get something close to Betty but with more fruits that shine. I have also done it with just FF @ 2%, 3% all the way to 10%. Anything less than 4%, the other flavors overpower the FF and it becomes just so so of a fruity blend. If I drop the other flavors accordingly, it gets too light.

Man, this thing is killin me!

I tried 1.5% marshmallow (fa) and .75% yogurt (fw) and it settled it down a lot - changed from a bright crisp fruit to more like a smoothie blend. I will be working on the percentages to tweak this one a bit.

I also tried with .75% fresh cream (fa) and marshmallow. Seem to give it a creamier taste yet it’s still quite sharp.

1 Like

Yeah that’s tough. What the other flavor %s? Maybe if you like the mm at 1.5% you could keep that, and then drop the sweet strawberry and juicy peach, and use a stronger strawberry and peach to lower the flavor total % a bit?

1 Like

Sadly you may need to create the flavor of forest fruit without using forest fruit FA. Most FA flavors don’t play too well above that 4-5 range.

Some FA flavors have secretly been known to have two flavor apexs (I read up on the about 13 months ago when researching the term over flavoring). The apex for one at the normal range in a mix from the 2-4% and one secretly at the high range of 5-10%.

Unfortunately based on what your trying to do ff FA is not going to let you do it (find the second apex). Ff FA is one of the easier mixes to work with at the normal range but at that higher range it goes wild.

If you are going to try and keep going at the high percent your going to have to balance (as discussed earlier) a sliver of cream like fresh cream FA, maybe a sliver of marshmallow FA, or some EM…heck even try mts fa.

All in all. If your gonna fight with forest fruit FA your gunna have to put the big boy pants on.

3 Likes

Yep! The struggle is real. I know I’ll find it eventually. Starting to bring ff down to the 2.5 - 4% range and hope some of the other flavors build off of it vs other flavors being a subchapter of this profile. And yeah, playing with fresh cream, marshmallow and yogurt. Just don’t know if the yogurt is going to add to the ph/alkaline that I am trying to even out/reduce.

1 Like

I have that throat hit problem with some inawera stuff! I reduced it in the juice to 2% but that didn’t make it much better…pink panther, mango, China lemons from Dexter’s juice lab, and some more. But the taste is good. My first 100ml pink panther, I Vaped within a week. Now the second bottle, I try to figure out what to do :unamused: it is really annoying… (70/20/10) VG PG h2o

3 Likes

I got days when liquids i never have an issue with suddenly gives me tremendous throat hits for some reason. To me that has nothing to do with the liquid itself but has everything to do with me myself for one or another reason.

It is really hard to say why you react to certain flavors and all i can say is that you could try to change them out to another flavor that you agree more with.

Good luck.

5 Likes