Fruit flavor "spiciness" max vg

Having a heck of a time getting the “spiciness” (sharp tones that are undesirable - throat hit) with this fruit blend I’m trying to get finalized. I vaped so many variations of my recipe looking for the right one I think I became immune to the spiciness. When other people tried it they thought it was super high in nicotine and just cough.

I need some help that doesn’t include liquid stevia.

Forest Mix (FA): 5-8%
Blueberry Candy/Wild
Sweet Strawberry
Juicy Peach
Golden/Juicy Pineapple: .5%
Sweetener (TFA) and/or Cotton Candy

(I’ve tried vanilla swirl, yogurt, Greek yogurt & vanillian @ .5-1% to give everything a base to attach to as well)

Total amount of flavoring - I have done 50-60 recipes anywhere from 10% total flavoring to 18% total flavoring plus sweetener on top of that. Max VG

I’ve tried anywhere from 5 to 10% on forest mix. I like using both blueberry candy and blueberry wild to come up with the blueberry I want. Sweet strawberry I was hoping would round out the flavors a bit. And I’ve used both Golden pineapple and juicy pineapple. All my flavorings are either Capella, TFA or Flavour Art.

I’m looking for a very sweet flavor and have noticed that adding sweetener deafly takes off some of the shortness but it also tones down the flavor a lot. Also I don’t want it to break down the flavor overtime.

HELP PLEASE.

2 Likes

Anyone have some advice?

2 Likes

Personally I’d drop the Forest Mix % quite substantially. FA flavours (the majority) are a lot more concentrated than some other brands.

What % are you using the other fruits at and what brand are they?

2 Likes

Sweet Strawb TPA? CAP peach and pineapple? Just guessing!

2 Likes

Lets start from the ground up and find the solution!

1. Is your VG Palm or Soy Based?

2. How long have you had your Nicotine for? Heat, Light, and Oxygen will ruin Nicotine easily especially at high strengths.

The Ethyl Maltol will help smoothen out your juice and add a slight sweetener. However, I recommend adding a cream for an undertone to help smoothen your juice as well! Fresh Cream FlavourArt works extremely well when used in low percentages.

7 Likes

Try adding 0.5% fresh cream.

You could also try 0.5% marshmallow FA and remove the em (if it’s there)

3 Likes

Well - not trying to be snooty but the total % is between 10 & 18% BEFORE any sweetener. The more I raise FF the more I raise the other flavors. If I taste the eliquid, just on my finger, after a few days steep, it’s very spicy - same when vaped.

1 Like

No snootiness taken. For my tastes Forest Mix would be too high in a mix at 5% but YMMV and that’s what makes us all beautifully different :+1:

3 Likes

If it’s not the nic, (your other flavors with this nic batch are okay?) and it’s not just you, (Since you said others get the same affect) this could be a bizarre interaction between flavors. In this case it would be trial and error, making 5 mil testers with two of these flavors together at a time to figure out which combo is going south. I can almost promise you it’s not Forest and Strawberry though since I’ve tried that myself and it’s a commonly used combo. Another thing you should rule out is that all of your equipment is clean and all your flavors are fresh and shaken. That may seem a no brainer but it’s so easy to over look the obvious sometimes.

7 Likes

Soy

New nic and haven’t mishandled it either.

1 Like

That’ll be my next step. Thank you. It’s so bizarre that these fruits don’t play well together. I don’t get it.

2 Likes

FF seems to be the most commonly pointed out (as the culprit) ingredient mixing w peach and (even a very small amount) pineapple. Anyone else think this may be it?

1 Like

I’m also not getting the “juiciness” I’m looking for either.

1 Like

Have you tried to mix without adding peach?

3 Likes

I have not as it is in my flavor profile - printed on my retail box. Sorry, this is a last ditch effort trying to find some expertise on this particular issue.

1 Like

Maybe you can try another brand peach then? I know that many get too much TH with Juicy Peach.

3 Likes

Lol, sorry, I mixed up two threads here. Forget about the peach, ha ha.

2 Likes

Well - I am using juicy peach, white peach or peach. Tried all of them from .5-3%.

2 Likes

Forest Mix is much stronger than I ever thought it would be, might want to cut that down to 2 to 3% (or less).

If you want a wet snap put .15% cactus in there. Can you post your recipe?

5 Likes

I tried to find some cactus here local to no avail. What manufacturer?

And no, not really comfortable posting the recipe even though all 50-75 of them don’t pass go in my books. Lol

I gave you all the ingredients I’m using and a over all percentage as well as specific FF / Pineapple %… should be pretty easy to figure something very similar out from there.

1 Like