Fur babies!

I’ve had my share of sick cats and spent weeks and months caring for them. I feel for you and am sending as much good energy as I can.

I recently completed a 4 year online degree program. I wish I had been able to do that about 20 to 30 years ago instead of in my 50’s lol. Best of luck to you and yours :smile:

6 Likes

Sorry to hear your girls are doing badly. Here’s hoping all will be well in short time.

5 Likes

Thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes. The kid is better and back at school, thank goodness. LoL. Luna is getting there. Back at the vet for fluids this morning, and I’m hopefully she’ll start eating and drinking again once she’s not so dehydrated.

Sorry I’ve not been around a whole lot…it’s been an exhausting weekend. LoL. My fur babies—Luna my study buddy and Happy the obnoxious ‘little brother’ LoL.

11 Likes

It is turning into a dog topic now, lets do a mix :grinning:

The dog unfortunately is no longer with us, old age had gotten to him as you can see looking at his grey snout. The cat is a squatter who refused to leave and is now using me as a pillow instead since my remaining dog is not amused when cats become to clingy and some of my other cats have never forgiven her for crashing the party and want nothing to do with her.

9 Likes

Aw how cute is that! So sorry the pup moved on. :worried: Luna typically won’t let Happy anywhere near her but he just wants to play and be friends. During the weekend she was so lethargic she actually let him get close enough to lick her face. It was really sweet. Of course, she’s trained him to leave her alone so the minute she twitched he ran for the hills…poor guy. She’s 7 and he’s 1 so she’s not amused with his typical kittenish antics like swatting her when she’s sleeping. LoL

7 Likes

That is always a sign things are not ok, permitting things they never would otherwise. The moment they allow you to take their temperature you know they are sick. Two years ago I was administering IV fluids to two cats, my vet taught me to do it myself, since it is a bit of a hassle to come over every day. Soon as they perked up it was a battle :grin:
One of them passed on after a loosing battle with cat leukaemia, the other one, my oldest fur ball 18, is doing fine now, apart from old age stiffness and some hearing problems that is. Hope Luna will perk up and ends up like the proverbial squeaking wheel that just continues to roll on and on.

5 Likes

my dax had lyme disease last year and I literally had to hand feed him eggs and hold his body and leg to pee so I really really feel for you!!!

3 Likes

I read “dad”. I was really confused about your post :smile:

4 Likes

his name is sir daxter Michael he@#$&#@y

when he was sick!!!

4 Likes

Our dog, Futte :smile:

5 Likes

he looks like mine when he’s in the bath haha??? what kind is he?

2 Likes

He’s a mix between a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and a miniature pinscher - mostly spaniel, but he has the short hair of the pinscher :smiley:

5 Likes

VapinMonty, meet Monty, she doesn’t vape :grinning:

7 Likes

Kitty

5 Likes

She looks fierce.

3 Likes

Second row, Black and White, BuddyGirl has passed on. The rest are alive and kicking…

8 Likes

Top right is mimic of my cat Kiwi hey weights in @ 21 pounds big ol goose!!

2 Likes

Caught her in a yawn !

4 Likes

That is Maxwell. He probably weighs close to that. 16-18 LB I believe. At this time he is probably our heaviest cat with the two to his left a close second and third…

2 Likes

This has gone from a Debbie Downer to a total feel good post! I love the critters! :stuck_out_tongue: @ringling That guy in the top middle looks like he’s got bobcat in him. He’s intense!

Btw, Lu is back from second round of fluids at the vet and doing much better. She hissed and swatted Happy when he got too close, so that’s a good sign. LoL.

5 Likes