FW Buttered Popcorn - Anyone tried it?

hey all, I bought this in the hope I could get close to cloning Mohawk&Co’s Butterscotch Popcorn, I’m only on my first attempt but the thing is, it’s really cloudy and it tastes like soap??..I don’t mean it just tastes a bit soapy…I mean it’s like licking a bar of soap :flushed:
This can’t be right surely, it’s disgusting, I’m tasting no popcorn anything?

Has anyone else got any experience with it??

Cheers in advance :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like others agree:
http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/flavor-west/buttered-popcorn-by-flavor-west.html

3 Likes

Damn that was a lucky escape … I shall remove it from shopping cart before hitting complete !!!

4 Likes

Yes, it’s really buttery and I have not got to make a real recipe with it yet but getting there. gotta make the time soon.

2 Likes

hmm…well, the mrs tried it and nearly threw up, I should of made a single flavour batch first to try it out, I can’t taste any popcorn AT ALL, this is by far the worst recipe I’ve ever made lol

Butter Toffee Popcorn

Ingredient %
Buttered popcorn (FW) 6
Butterscotch (Flavorah) 3
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 1
English Toffee (TPA) 2
Meringue (FA) 1.5
Sweetener (Sucralose) (FW) 1.5

Flavor total: 15%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

oh great i bought some to mix with the kettle corn just havent tried it yet , FW is on my list of getting rid of and trying to replace their staple flaves like yellow cake etc I WONT BUY ANY NEW FLAVES FROM THEM

3 Likes

well, I emailed Flavorwest and with respect to them they actually got back to me same day, they said if it tastes chemical then I have used too much and should drop my percentage…
ok then.
since I emailed them I managed to find around 14 or 15 reviews on it…13 said it was disgusting.

I just think it’s a bad n. :disappointed:

4 Likes

ya i think it may be a popcorn thing bc kettle corn is simply weak and ive yet to see a good popcorn review ill test mine tonight its brand new never opened, what pefcent have you tested at ???FW i usually start between 5 and 7.5pct

1 Like

I used it at 6 in the recipe on this thread, I wouldn’t of thought that was too high …

2 Likes

i wouldnt think so either especially for FW

1 Like

I really like flavor apprentice kettle corn its a perfectly sweet popcorn really good five stars.

4 Likes

I love flavor apprentice kettle corn its really good.

2 Likes

i would have to completely disagree at 10 pct single flave it starts to have a taste , they cld have done a way better job , but that is why they say taste is subjective

3 Likes

You are right I have a skittles flavor and a bunch of my friends thati make juice for love it and me and my wife think it tastes like a bouquet of flowers in our mouth and they dont taste it at all. With the kettle corn I dont ever use it as a single flavor I mix it with strawberry and creamy yogurt and it tastes so good I sold 360 ml of that flavor last week all on request because they liked the sample I gave them I was kind of following the flavor profile for strawberry drizzle by popcorn man I have never had strawberry drizzle but I was inspired by there flavor profile and it turned out great the only difference from there profile was kettle corn insted of butter popcorn I figured a sweeter popcorn would taste better to me and ot does taste good to me. But like you said taste is subjective.

4 Likes

I was digging through some of my lesser used flavorings and came acrossed LB ( Liquid Barn ) Strawberry Cheesecake… I thought why did I stop using this again. I went back to my notes and read that it taste just like buttered popcorn with a sweet lil slightly ripen SB at the exhale on a SnV. I also read that @JoJo has had the same experience w/ it tasting like butter popcorn. So just a thought for you guys that may have the flavor and haven’t used it check it out. I swear it’s not terrible as a butter popcorn just terrible at a SB Cheesecake !

6 Likes

interesting! …I seriously need to clone this Mohawk&Co butterscotch popcorn, I caved and ordered 60ml just because it’s the nicest liquid I have vaped in a long time, tastes EXACTLY like butterkist popcorn it’s amazing, my mrs hates the smell though haha

3 Likes

I hear ya at least you know you enjoy it. Every single time I cave I end up hating the juice I paid 20$ for and myself when I realize this is gross after a tank or two. I’ve had a bottle of Donuts all summer long and it keeps getting worse instead of better. Glad you got your fix :wink: sorry for the wify thou :frowning:

3 Likes

being that you are the queen of flavors are you aware of any popcorn flaves that are good ???

2 Likes

Just the Kettle Corn TFA that someone already mentioned. It’s tasty and works well as a added sweetness in bakeries. @Beaufort_Batches uses it often. I have TFA Butter but have yet to really make anything w/ it.

2 Likes

Dude, I just now looked at that recipe, that’s way too much FW Buttered Popcorn. Try 5% TFA Kettle Corn and .5% to 1% FW Buttered Popcorn. That FW Buttered Popcorn is pretty strong, it will fool you as it did me.

4 Likes