Gbox mod - now it's actually quite decent

First clear coat done

9 Likes

Oh, she’s a purty one. Excellent work!

5 Likes

Hey all, just for kicks, I went to recoilrda.com and placed a red rubber rage into the cart, typed in LABORDAY and the price dropped from 99.00 to 64.35. It’s the same for the purple. all others are out of stock.

5 Likes

That looks Killer Adary! The Gbox is my first squonk mod, and I won’t buy another until this one dies. But from all the reading I’ve done I’m starting to feel that I might be missing out on the perfect squonk experience by using the included plastic bottles. Is it really that big of a different having the silicone bottle and the metal rod removed?

2 Likes

With the modification I did, there is no need to open the battery cover to replace the bottle. Just that is worth the modification.

Not to mention that the soft silicone feels a lot better on my fingers than the rigid original bottle.

I also got my gbox second hand, and the seller couldn’t find the spare bottle, and I didn’t want to waste money getting additional proprietary bottles for it.

If you are careful and don’t scuff the paint on the cover when drilling out the holes, you can do the modification without repainting, and it shouldn’t take you more than 15 minutes to do it.

Totally worth it

3 Likes

The reason I did the silicone conversion wasn’t really because of the squeeze or the bottom door opening for bottle filling; it was because the original bottles don’t last long enough. I went through both bottles in just a couple months, which irritated the heck out of me. No doubt the silicone upgrade resolved that issue.

Yes, looking good @adary!

3 Likes

Dude, you could just make your own squonker…

3 Likes