Gearbest Hack

FYI

More Info

9 Likes

Great, though sickening, share.

One more reason not to shop at GearBest. sigh
And a reminder to never use whatever password was used there anywhere else, ever again. Since these beach lists tend to run rampant for years after the fact…

8 Likes

Not taking away from the massive breach of trust that Gearbest has perpetuated but it is super nice of the “White Hat” hackers to draw attention to it before it is secured - nothing like throwing up an invite to all the hackers “get your free database here”. Their “public service” announcement (brag) is likely to result in even greater spread of the information.

9 Likes

I use encryptr. each login gets a unique password

7 Likes

I’m sure most of the Chinese vendors take advantage of our info. Weirdly after I had won a couple items from our vendors here. I started getting calls and texts from phishers. I don’t know anyone who lives in Somalia lol

6 Likes

Seems that any online shopping has risks, but some shopping experiences has another level of risks with nearly zero guarantees. Extended shipping time, excessive trouble with returns, bad customer service and lack luster security among other things.

It’s just sad that in most cases some shoppers has to look overseas to get a good deal. I wish these deals offered overseas were available here in the US. I recently took a chance from a overseas vendor myself and after 25 days+ I still praying for a positive result.

4 Likes

again no editting, sorry for the bad grammer

4 Likes

I’ve had about 7 bad shopping experiences myself and 3 were from China and I was able to resolve them through Paypal. The other 4 were from US vendors and was made right by the vendor and was very simple to fix/refund.

4 Likes

It is hard to find a good place that ships that has all 3 of the wants for good customer service. I wish at least one place would have all needs met. Fast shipping, good prices, and great customer service. I know some get smacked at customs. It is not easy. Oh well my two cents. Back to drinking and vaping.

4 Likes

grafik

official response

3 Likes

2 Likes

Welcome to ELR @joannsabki.

Sometimes they’re harder to spot.

1 Like