Germany legalises Cannabis

Of course, it’s done the German way, too complicated and not really practical. However, no more criminal kids anymore, 3 flowering plants per person are allowed (although you can only have 50g in the house.
Cannabis clubs can do communal grows and you can get 50g a moth there.
Looking at the details it is still not great but so much better than the status quo. Comes a bit late for me but hey, people are getting to see stoned people now and possibly realise they’re no reefer madnes style serial killers.

Happy days!

10 Likes

That is good news. My city has been booming since it was legalized. More housing, more employment, and more community events paid for by the cannabis industry (family-friendly, and not “weed festivals”) A significant drop in cannabis-related crimes, and everyone is behaving. There’s been a huge difference for the better since the legalization.

I was a bit against it at first, thinking crime would shoot up and it would become the wild west out here, but the benefits overall have been surprisingly good.

The industry was heavily taxed and getting a license was difficult at first. They just lowered the tax by 43% recently to keep the large growers from leaving. The revenue is just too good.

Good luck to Germany with it!

8 Likes

As in America, it will take YEARS for the Germans to finalize a plan that works. But to be honest, 8€ per gram is more than I pay from my guy, and he also grows himself. From what I have read, the only benefit is that I can grow at home for personal use. That will be MY plan. I don’t want to support the big conglomerates that will monopolize the industry just as they did in America.

My buddy, a fashion icon in NYC, has luckily gotten himself a CUARD license. He’s now almost broke because these big companies want his license and are tying him up with lawyers and low-ball offers. He owns a million dollar a year company, and has like $300 to his name. This same exact shit will be happening in Germany, and I’m quite pissed about it. Normal people will NOT be able to get a license. It’s going to be rich people getting richer off of the poor weed smokers of the Germany. F that. I will not support a cannabis club unless it is run by a small-time operation.

The way the Germans did it will be a catastrophe. Mark my words. Every year forward there will be revisions, and those revisions will benefit only the big companies, and completely remove the little guys from the equation.

5 Likes

Or there will be revisions and they decide to undo it. Like in the UK where it was reclassified to class b from class c.

4 Likes

I doubt it. This will be a HUGE cash cow for Germany, and they obviously need the money. Have you seen how ridiculous the E-Liquid Tax is in Germany? It’s cheaper to smoke cigarettes if you don’t DIY.

It all comes down to making the marijuana laws as fair as possible to everyone concerned. If they allow conglomerates to monopolize the industry, I’ll be moving elsewhere. It’s always been a dream of mine to have a “cannabusiness”, and ever since last year I have been petitioning my city officials to allow me to open one of the first “clubs” in my city. The future is now, but it’s up to the German government not to mess this up.

They said it’s all going to be official on April 1st. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this was a nationwide “April fools”. :rofl:

4 Likes

I live in Michigan and its “legal” here too. They had years of medical here before they went recreational so they had a lot of the kinks worked out. We have a 12 plant grow limit but a court basically nullified it and where i live i could grow an acre and no one would know or even care. We have a 10 or 12oz limit on flower, 15g limit on concentrates and i dont know what it is for edibles. Ive purchased more than 12oz in one day at one store. Stores are locked into a 2.5oz limit on flower/edible, per transaction, 15g per transaction. Some ask you to put each transaction in the car before continuing and some dont care and just do separate ones. No one follows the allowances of personal either, i have a crazy amount of each catagory.

We have a regulatory body that monitors quality pretty closely, requiring all kinds of testing, monitoring all stages and they have levied some pretty heavy fines including banning individuals from ever running or working in MI cannabis industry and closing entire companies and grows for severe violations.

With all that said i absolutely love it. Took a lot of research to find the kind of companies i want to support but it is unreal. I dont remember the last time i paid over 100/oz for flower of fantastic quality, well beyond anything i had in the black market. Popped into one of my favorite places today to grab a couple ounces of outdoor at 45/oz and 18.7% THC, a sativa hybrid, to make a craptop of RSO.

On the flip side tho there are some completely shit companies, in fact there are a lot of them. Prerolls that are stuffed with the lowest grade stuff you can get, almost as bad as the brick buds we grew up on in the 80s, Sugar leaves and stems… Companies that try to sneak non tested out of state flower into their products.

Another shitty thing is now that recreational is legal it is near impossible to find other cannabinoids such as CBD, CBG and CBN products and NO ONE i have found in the legal market sells isolates of any cannabinoids.

A big thing that drives our market is the legality/price in surrounding states and im sure this has had a huge effect on how our market formed. Perhaps is will develop differently there.

In Illinois the experience is entirely different. I went to two dispensaries there and i was actually scared both times, sooooo many police officers. While i found being around that many officers while buying weed a little disconcerting what i was scared of was the reason they were there. I got to talking to one of them and he told me there are been dozens of armed robbery attempts at the first one i went to with two robbers shot. And at the second one there were even more police. And the prices were many many times higher than here.

Thats too many words, sorry. But hopefully it wont be too bad.

5 Likes

If it wasn’t for the politics, I’d convince my German wife to move back to the states with me. Your laws in Michigan are nuts. Who needs that much?!? Or are these laws established so that the everyday joe can grow for the cannabis industry?

As of April 1, we “get to” grow 3 plants per household. Not even per person, but per household. Limit of 50g of flower. Concentrates will still be illegal to my knowledge. They made the first laws totally upside down. :rofl:

3 Likes

Now that WEF video from 2016 suddenly makes sense, you’ll own nothing, but you’ll be happy.
To be happy having all possession taken, have no freedom, no privacy and be locked down in a prison, you’ll have to be stoned.
Joke aside, i hope other EU countries follow.

3 Likes

Meh, ok I don’t think they will have a large squad of plant counters going home to home, so that’s a joke. Someone going door to door weighing what you got? Now it makes sense to have a limit to what you can carry around town. If you were selling or growing to subsidize the high cost of living, you better figure something out fast your going to loose that extra income.

3 Likes

Wow, this is quite unexpected for Germany. I lived in Canada for a while and often went to the Canadian Pharmacy for medicine. Also, I could buy CBD for better sleep. I don’t see anything wrong with that. But I don’t know how it will affect people when some new country passes a law on cannabis

2 Likes

So there we go… there’s a good chance it’s going to be rejected in the next stage of the law making process. You can’t imagine the resistance from the conservative parties. It’s like the end of the world for them and they’re not getting tired to repeat reefer madness style stereotypes while drinking beer with their homies.
I said from day one I’ll believe in the plans the day the law has passed, before that it’s just poppycock.

1 Like