Get this tool

I have a black skull one on its way from China. I’ve almost always used the straight edge of a scissors blade, the flat side against the rim of the cap, not the beveled side. It’s the beveled edge but the flat side of it is facing up against the rim of the cap.
I’ve also used my Asmodus pocket knife too but it tends to damage the bottle a little bit each time.
Can’t wait to try out the skull opener.

5 Likes

If I can ask - How are you getting previous flavours out of the bottles well?

4 Likes

@Aphonic it seems you are asking about cleaning bottles for reuse. Is this correct? This tread has only been about using a tool for removing bottle caps such as unicorn bottle dropper tips and Gorilla bottle caps.

Use the search box at the top of the page to find threads that may already have the answers or will be a better place to ask. in this screen capture you can see I search on “cleaning bottles” and find several threads.

5 Likes

Thanks Jimbo, good tip. After years of being incredibly cheap I came to the conclusion years ago that hoarding emptied bottles for cleaning/reuse doesn’t save any money. Time is just wasted removing labels and cleaning relatively inexpensive bottles, especially bottles used for full strength extracts.

Best advice @Aphonic is to save money buying yourself a bunch of new bottles. Not just the time removing labels, but washing/drying bottles, all that hot water and soap (dishwasher etc?) …time being money, you really aren’t saving $ “recycling”. I often refill empty juice bottles with the same recipe, but that’s as close as I get to reusing any bottles. Just compare what you make as your current wage (hourly) and do an honest comparison of time spent trying to “recycle” 30 or 60ml bottles.

But Hey! I’m a hoarder so I still toss the best ones in a box for a rainy day :slight_smile: Very cool tool. Might have to pick one up next order ,thanx OP~!

7 Likes

Yes!
Good advice!
I’ve found that to be the case as well, order two or three sizes of bottles (30, and 60 ml, maybe 100) and blow through them nice and new.
But I have several flavors I repeat on, and i just make 2 or 3 hundred ml of the juice in a larger squirt bottle, and refill the old labeled bottle with that. Not trying to impress anyone.
You’re right, I make 25 cents a minute roughly at work, and the job of cleaning and removing labels could make a bottle “cost more” than a new one by the time I’m done. So yeah, new bottles are the thing, about 85% of the time, and like you, I save my old ones, labels on, so I know the flavor, so not to put a caramel in a fruit mix bottle later, and rarely use them, but refilling the same flavor into a bottle is something I do often, especially for my girlfriend who only wants to vape two of my flavors ever. She’s awesome.
If you knew her you’d buy that tool.
And flowers.
Often.

6 Likes

I either use a similar flavor profile in the old bottle or refill bottles with the same flavor, just rinse with hot water.
I’d never take a blueberry crumb cake bottle and fill it with key lime pie…well, yeah I would. But I’m a “maverick”.
I also use the tip remover to move the liquid from my 120 ml bottle into a friends 30 ml, and use a funnel instead of standing there squirting 30 ml out of a needle tip. Im not a patient man.
Its just a handy tool, after i used pliers to remove my GF’s tip off her 60 ml bottle with pliers once and screwed up the cap and had to hear about how she was filling her bottle alone in her bedroom and it popped off and she had to clean up a mess.
My bad.
3 dollar tool.
Fun.

5 Likes

No need to go here…
My REAL stash of empties is under the bed, this is just the last couple months…

7 Likes

Where y’all buying bottles lately?

5 Likes

i just rinse mine, 20 seconds. i don’t remove the labels any more, just enough to see what is in the bottle. i grew up poor, so i don’t like to waist things.

6 Likes