Getting my scale!

Thanks, ozo! I got a 100g x 0.01 scale by American Weigh. It was cheap, but had a lot of great, in-depth positive reviews, so hopefully it’ll do the job. I’m mixing small batches (60ml at most) so I haven’t ventured into fancy things like magnetic stirrers yet (that’ll have to come later when I start my black market e juice biz. Lol). And it runs on batteries.

1 Like

This one ?

This one. Hopefully it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

This one will work…BUT…it will auto shut off in a minute [60 seconds or less].

I have the same scale, different name, and is a kit with stuff. I use it at the target range for projectiles, powder, etc.
Same scale, and made by AWS, just another name on it.

I, and many others here, use a very inexpensive AWS LB-501
Runs on batteries and comes with a power cord. If plugged into AC it NEVER shuts off.
I have several scales that cost $300 and far beyond… and this one is as accurate as they are within 100th gram.

I don’t see the LB-501 listed for $22.91 at the moment, but this bigger brother, LB-300 for a dollar more is the same except it weighs up to 3000g as opposed to only 500g for the LB-501
Both are great, with the same features.

Just remember yours will auto-off in one minute…but check it for sure when you get it.

1 Like

Ok, good to know!

nice mask :wink:

1 Like

Haha! Thanks, you too. :wink:

2 Likes

Got it, calibrated it, tested it. Holy shit this is SO much easier!! Woot woot! Gonna go on a juice making spreeee!

And @ozo, it does turn off after about 65 seconds, but I can deal with that. Still easier than using syringes for sure!

8 Likes

Mine are on the way
I just have so many flavors that are in 8 ml bottles
Then have some in 1 ounces bottles not dropper bottles
Also when I mix up 120 ml of juice I use more flavoringals than I want to measure in dropper bottles
What are the answer to this back to syringe
Or pour them all in special bottles
Is that how you get around syringes everything goes in new bottles
My 30 ml bottles are deippers

You can get disposable pipettes on Amazon for really, really cheap. (I got mine for $3.00 for a batch of 100 pipettes.) Draw up a flavoring, add it to your mix, chuck the pipette in the trash. No syringes to worry about, and clean up is a breeze.

Or buy your flavors with twist caps or dropper bottles and skip both pipettes and syringes. No need for either and zero cleanup or additional trash.

2 Likes

Also periodically pick up a few glass (colored) bottles with eyedroppers, over time when you get a few of the larger bottles of ingredients they won’t have drippers and/or are too big for your storage area with dripper tops, you can transfer them into the glass bottles. I have done that with a number of flavors when I’ve order larger amounts but really only want 30ml on my ingredient shelves.

1 Like

That would be ideal. Right now, my flavorings are all in glass bottles with no droppers, so the pipettes are what I use for those. But yes, certainly, the less waste and clean-up the better.

Ok
Thanks for the ideas
My most common flavors I am going to put yorker bottles
Dripped top
Then the rest just as needed use pipets

And puppies. Never forget the puppies!

2 Likes

indeed…and the kitties!

(not me…just in case you haven’t seen Trailer Park Boys lol)

6 Likes

My 4 dogs start to running around and the vibrations make the numbers jump all over the place. Gotta wait until they’re too tired to move.

6 Likes

ohhhh man! precious guys! :smiley:

1 Like

I do the same thing with the nicotine. My order is: nicotine, flavors, PG, VG . . . the latter three in that order for no particular reason other than that’s just what I do. But yes, always nicotine first so if I accidentally put in too much I haven’t ruined the batch.

2 Likes

This is all I have at the moment. Just small bottles with dropper tips. For the nic I just measure about how much I need into a syringe and then add it to the recipe from there.

1 Like