Ghost Hunters are on tonight!

Regardless of your persuasion on these types of ghost hunting shows, Ghost Adventures has a two hour special tonight that I’m really looking forward to. Zak says they have captured the most compelling evidence ever. And with the reboot of Ghost Hunters paired with the other crew in Ghost Nation, it does satisfy my thrill fix for this paranormal stuff.

I’m not gullible, and I don’t blindly worship these TV guys because I do feel that a large portion of their theatrics is solely for entertainment purposes, but I still think it’s fun to watch. And having had unexplained things happen to me, I have an open mind. I have a collection of ghost hunting equipment and it ‘works’ as far as capturing things, but I’m not going to say they are 100% paranormal and close my eyes to a scientific explanation. It’s fun.

Besides, humans know about .012% of the total sum of knowledge in the universe, so when one tells me something is simply not possible, I tune that person out. How can humans think they know everything?

3 Likes

Speaking of which, the ever-intelligent scientific community currently claims that:

It turns out that roughly 68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe.

So, if ‘we’ know very little about normal matter, and absolutely zero about dark matter and energy, how can anyone seriously claim that ghosts simply don’t exist? Opinions, fine. But facts? Hardly.

3 Likes

I don’t have a clue. My book on the paranormal would be a very short book.

4 Likes

I wish more people would admit that as far as all this goes. Having a gazillion questions is what makes it fun.

Side note about people’s “facts”. Long ago we were looking for a private school for the kids. One of the schools, while answering our standard questions on curriculum and faith-based teachings, stated that they believe and teach that the world began its’ existence 2,000 years ago, and anything science claims happened prior to that was untrue, including dinosaurs. It’s one thing to have a belief system, but another altogether to claim that a dinosaur bone is not real, especially when I can hold one in my hand. I found that a little too radical (maybe more than a little). NOT looking to start a religious discussion, just wanted to mention that because I found it fascinating how tightly some people shut their eyes. They said, because I asked, that dinosaur bones don’t really exist.

3 Likes

Dinosaurs exist! I’m living proof.

4 Likes

Yeah, I guess you would be an Invisible Man to them. Until you got tired of the game and consumed them.

2 Likes

Now there is an interesting prospect and application of definition, measurement and numerical analysis ! :thinking:

1 Like

It’s well known that 83% of statistics are made up on the spot.

3 Likes

I am with you 120.481927711 % - and it is no accident that this derives from the reciprocal of 0.830 … :wink:

One interesting observation on my part (regarding the utilization of “modern” technologies in general) has been that while some folks (myself once included) may think in terms of our fleshy selves being uniquely empowered in our abilities to manipulate and control said technologies, some meetings with mystery can involve technical acrobatics going vastly beyond the ability of fleshy beings (with all our shiny technological devices and wonder widgets) to execute. Such events mock our ability to imagine ourselves as “in control”.

1 Like

So, in fewer keystrokes, you’re a believer then. Got it.

3 Likes