Giving props where they're due!

Oh wow, very very cool of you! How much is it on amazon?

EDIT: Dont answer that as it was a gift. Sorry for being stupid.

1 Like

No problem man, anyone can look. Itā€™s $17 which is a really good deal for what it is.

2 Likes

I got it on the kindle just my laptop was not welcoming the download. Thatā€™s ok been reading all about flavors right here in bed on my kindle which weighs less and the battery life is great !

Who knew anise pairs well with dark milk chocolate ! Just one tip Iā€™ve learned so far.

More to come Iā€™m sure :laughing:

This will most likely work Iā€™ll try it tom ! Thanks ! This book is great especially if you have a love for cooking as well as flavor knowledge :+1:

So do you like it then? :wink:

I canā€™t believe I had that book on a shelf for years and never once thought about using it or for that matter, even remembered I had it!

I hope you love it as much as I do!! Glad to see someone else has it now! Good call @SthrnMixer!!

1 Like

I do LOVE it went to bed reading in HAD to MAKE myself stop reading so I could go to sleep. It is so good. Lots of great information in there on flavors and cooking !

FYI the kindle version is Nice , not a problem at all. In case you want it for whatever reason.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s a very helpful book! Does the kindle version have the little blurbs in it? Like quotes? Those are helpful too!
Even though I am a chef and have been since the early 90s, I still find stuff in that book I never knew paired well.

What I do for inspiration, is start at ā€œAā€ and try to make it to ā€œZā€. So Iā€™ll start with, say, Apricot and then write up 8-10 different recipes with Apricot and pairings, then Apple, etc

About an hour in and 40 recipes later I havenā€™t even made it to ā€œCā€ yet! lol

Keep an eye out for anything in bold too, those are like the mega pairings.

Iā€™m so happy for ya!

1 Like

Yes it gives little recipes titles after the list of pairings and then it shows the scale they use in the chart system ( bold, bold caps, then bold caps with asterik -holy grail of flavor pairings used by world renown chefs like darth vapor :smiley: )

I went through it and was thinking OMG I already have 244+ recipes on my own w/o this book this is guna be trouble lol ( in a good way ) and btw guess what ECX sent me this am as I told them last night I am leaving town tom. hold the package. A dang tracking number ahhhhhhhhā€¦so now I am playing phone tag with the manager and have spoke to several ppl. SMH they better be glad I like there company.

UPDATE : I got permission to go to their warehouse to pick up my package I am a die hard DIYā€™r told ya I ainā€™t leaving town til I gets my package :wink: Theyā€™re awesome !!!

2 Likes

Sweet!! (Steal an oak wood too)

Yeah itā€™s a great book! Iā€™m in the (slow) process of uploading it to elr, so everyone can enjoy it :smile:

Also, this has nothing to do with vaping, but if you like books like that, you should get ā€œThe Food Loverā€™s Companionā€ It is a culinary dictionary with a lot of useful info as well.

It is actually the book I taught myself from when I first started out. Everything I have learned, I taught myself from reading that book! (Well that and working for some hardcore chefs starting out)

Anyways, GET IT! Haha, just make sure it is the dictionary because FLC make a few other (useful) books as well.

2 Likes

So I got jealous of my own gift and decided to get my own copy. I was up late last night mixing. I created and mixed 6 new recipes in the time it would have taken me to fumble through my flavor drawers for an idea. One was so awesome to the nose and I just had to take a taste. I doubt this will live long enough to steepā€¦so good. Iā€™m out of town for the holiday and will post up new recipes when I get back. I want to thank @DarthVapor for recommending this most amazing resource. I think everyone should have it. And apologies to Amy for hijacking your thread.

4 Likes

Ha hahaha BLAX doesnā€™t care and I donā€™t either I just wanted ppl to look at his recipe Bc itā€™s a good poptart !

And because of this thread look how many ppl are happy :grinning::clap: enjoy the book it rocks ! Iā€™m excited when I get my flavors back I am going to be " maā€™am Mix a lot " lol

4 Likes

No problem man! Iā€™m just glad I could share! Personally I think it is a must have for any DIY kit. Not because people need help thinking necessarily but more as a motivator of sorts.
We have all had those days, where we just stare at our stuff and have no idea what to make or even have the motivation to. This is a great way to get the juices flowin (see what I did there)

My only complaint, if it is even that, is there needs to be more stuff in it! It has all the common stuff but I would love to see some more of the rarer items

3 Likes

I agree. I accidentally ordered a 30 ml bottle of bergamot. Oh Iā€™ll find ways to use it, but it would have been nice to see it listed.

1 Like

I think itā€™s dragon fruit thatā€™s not in there too? If I remember correctlyā€¦
I found that one odd! At least with bergamont you can kinda just use orange/tangerine/etc for suggestions?

Too bad Oak wood isnā€™t in there or shitā€¦ UNICORN VOMIT!! lol