Glad I'm stocked up on supplies

Got wire, batteries, liquid, cotton. I could be holed up for weeks as long as I have electricity and be able to vape non stop. Others around me if they are running low on things are SOL. What a load of rain!

3 Likes

That’s a consequence of caring more about the price of gasoline than the state of the planet :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes it is still raining here in south Carolina. Flooding all around. Glad you have supplies. Water levels are rising. I live in nc …glad I brought plenty of supplies. In st matthews…sc

2 Likes

I had answered your other post the way I did because I was hoping to diffuse a contentious issue before it got going. Every forum I’ve ever been on where politics crept in always turned ugly, and I refuse to be a part of that here. So while I can go toe-to-toe with you over anthropogenic climate change, I will not. End of subject as far as I’m concerned and I beg that people here avoid all those controversial issues so we can keep this the most awesome site on the web.

7 Likes

My best thoughts are with you and anyone else threatened by nature’s forces. Hope y’all come out unharmed.

3 Likes

Where I am we’ve been exceptionally lucky. Rainfall since midnight here is about 11 inches. Just about 8 miles east of me though, last count was 19.8 inches during the same time period. Parts of Columbia, SC are flooded badly with homes and businesses submerged almost to their roofs. There have been several cases of people needing rescued but here in my immediate area water is shedding very well even though within a close proximity of here is also several roads washed out and dams broken. It’s a weird alignment of conditions that made it perfect for the system to come in and slowly move massive amounts of water over the area.

Thank you and everyone who wishes us well here, and if you are in the area please take extra care driving anywhere as you can run up on a washed out or flooded section of road before you know it.

3 Likes

My post wasn’t intended to start a political discussion, only showing that resistance and protest make a difference, so it was more of a positive note on what we as vapers could accomplish when we pull together. I agree with you 100% on not wanting ugly political discussions on this forum, although you have to admit that vapers rights are also kinda political :grinning:
I just couldn’t help myself commenting the way I did today because the two posts were pretty close together time wise. I really hope you and everyone else there is doing al right and you all be able to resume your lives as before.

2 Likes

And you are so right. We need to stick together for sure.

As for vaper’s rights being kinda political - in my opinion it shouldn’t be. Where I see it going that way is with the agenda-driven who want to damn it as much as possible. Oh it just makes me sick to think of how they want to try and demonize vaping when they approve, sanction, and collect tax revenue from tobacco. Oh well, it’s a crazy mixed up world!

3 Likes

But we all agree, there :wink:

I left that part out but I agree with you completely :laughing:

1 Like

@Josephine_van_Rijn your avatar really says it all by the way. I love it!

1 Like

Well thanks, I loved it the first time I saw it in an article about the Iceland revolution, where they kicked out the crooked politicians, jailed the bankers responsible for the crises, and wrote a new constitution online with all citizens participating.
Not to be slimy, but I like your avatar too.

I see climate change every time I walk into a Vape Shop. It’s so foggy in there you just got to blame it on Climate Change…

1 Like

Sounds like what is needed in the US. Eventually people are gonna get tire of supporting Crooks and Politicians. The day will come…

1 Like

Thanks. I really enjoy things from Celtic culture. I’ve thought a lot lately about starting my own e-liquid line and using that as my logo along with some other Celtic knot artwork. My family endures my eccentricities too. Here’s a tapestry thing my mother gave me about 10 years ago. I’m always on the hunt for things like this.

The top says Céad Míle Fáilte which is Gaelic for A Hundred Thousand Welcomes

Sláinte (which basically means cheers, or to your good health)

2 Likes

That’s just beautiful.

1 Like

I’m wearing a Triskelion around my neck for many years now. I love Celtic symbols.

1 Like

oh by the way be safe all…

3 Likes