Glass or plastic

What do you use when steeping glass or plastic does it change the flavor how has your experience been with you choive

I use both but prefer glass. Glass i think is far better to use, easy cleaned and doesn’t leech. Preferably amber or tinted over clear.

1 Like

Easy one!

If its glass you can heat it. If it’s plastic, dont even think about it. Plastic emits gasses when you heat it, don;t do it.

1 Like

you need glass for steeping if you use a heater/slow cooker…other wise you will end up with some not very savoury soup…
I totally didn’t do that…:smirk:

2 Likes

Questions to answers you already knew?
puzzled

I just wanted everyone’s options on what the use and why

2 Likes

I use both. I NEVER heat my juice. I think it messes with the nic n flavour, but thats just my opinion. I think they are both equal, apart from the heat situation, but if im using bananas n other strong flavours i tend to stay away from plastics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I pretty much use plastic exclusively. I don’t heat and I don’t really use caustic flavors. I prefer the ease of use with plastic. I mix in the bottle, steep in the bottle, put the bottle in my backpack and go. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Glass all the way. Reuse reuse reuse.

Glass is nice but it becomes quite expensive if you’re selling juice. They can be cleaned if you get any back, but that gets tedious when there’s big pile of them. Now I use glass for myself and plastic to sell.

3 Likes

Perfectly good question and a good topic for noob’s. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I prefer plastic, I use the same bottle for the same flavor. If I retire a flavor I retire the bottle.

3 Likes