Good deals?

It’s honestly as easy as falling off a log. You will be a pro at it in about 2 1/2 minutes. But sure, any of us that use scales will be glad to help if needed.

Thanks @Jimk and @NewDrip. I guess what confuses me is the gram to ml conversion. I know that a couple of manufacturers have the weight equivalents listed but some do not. Is it safe to assume a 1:1 ratio?

The specific gravity is on the vendor’s MSDS sheets. You can enter specific gravity for each flavor in your flavor stash. The ELR calculator will do the rest.

2 Likes

For me, the answer would be, yes, 1:1 ratio.

The difference in what some flavorings actually weigh is so minisule, why bother. I’m not that anal retentive or OCD to be worried if I put an extra .03 ml in a mix. Hell, I usually (accidentally) wind up over dripping a flavor into the beaker anyway! So, I figure I’m closer to being dead on the money without having to painstakingly go through my flavor stash and stick in all the exact weights. I’d rather be mixing, vaping, eating, sleeping or changing the air in my truck tires than filling in little boxes with numbers.

1 Like

I will say, with that particular scale, it’s best to drip slowly and stop dripping the closer you get to the desired weight. Sometimes the scale is a little slow to register when you get down to the one or two drops you need to hit the mark. I think it would probably be different if it were a 200 or 300 gram scale; a tad more sensitive.

So mastering the hesitation towards the end of the addition of a flavor is the key.

2 Likes

Jim isn’t kidding. I have the same scale, and said the same thing. I really resisted thinking “I only mix 10-30 mls, I don’t need to mix by weight…” I really wish I’d switched sooner. It’s SOOOO easy. I can mix while watching TV or YouTube or whatever and don’t have to fuss with it much. :smile:

And yeah, it seems to me like it doesn’t register under .03 grams. So once you get within a range of like .25 grams, go slow. It’s easy though. You will figure it out pretty quickly, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Well, I’m feeling much more positive about this now. Thanks @JoJo, @Jimk and @NewDrip. It should be here Saturday. Guess what I’ll be doing?

3 Likes

Those interested in a Lemo 2 can get one with free shipping for $23.96 from here:

http://www.vapercompany.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=E17LEMO2

From May 22nd to 25th
Coupon code = memorial20

Jim you cut me to the bone. I was new to diy and thought everybody did it. We didn’t have a forum back then so I couldn’t come to u for advice. I hope I wasn’t the only one that did it. :cry:

1 Like

For most TPA, CAP and FLV flavors, manufacturer specific gravities are already there - to use them, simply update your preferences :smile:

Top part is flavor details, bottom part is preferences/profile page :smile:

4 Likes

I’m OCD but my ADD will take over and usually cancel it out.
Sometimes when I really get into…
…oh look, a squirrel!

2 Likes

I’ve asked advice from @Jimk on the side thanks to this place if not I’d have no one…

2 Likes

I didn’t know that. Thanks @daath

Anybody know if you can update for temp control on this???

Sorry 'bout that @NewDrip! Didn’t mean to sound so harsh. Some folks are particular and some are not. Me, not so much! But thank goodness for those people that are anal retentive and OCD or we might not have all the cool things we have today!

1 Like

Even if you can’t, it’s still a sweet looking little box mod! Nice find.

I was waiting for this, since I was never going to drop 2 bills for the authentic!

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’m usually pretty particular and precise, especially with measuring and data stuff. I think it comes from the brainwashing of labs in school. Having the scale has really helped though. I still sometimes catch myself counting while I’m weighing, especially if I’m only doing a few drops. LoL. Old habits die hard, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I was the kid in school that always colored outside of the lines.

2 Likes

Why does that not surprise me? :laughing:

1 Like

R you gonna go for it?

1 Like