Good ole USPS

First class international is the most cost effective if the contents weigh less than 4 pounds. First class is roughly $10-13 cheaper than priority. With shipping costs like that, I could afford to send you rare snail fungus to add to your panty dropper liquid. Speaking of which, how is that doing?

3 Likes

I sent some off to a friend of mine in Calif, I used An Post (Irish mail). Last time I checked the tracking it was somewhere around Mongolia :smile:

4 Likes

This one is obviously on itā€™s way to somewhere. At least itā€™s in the state. Amazingly, they do this about a third of the time, lol.

1 Like

Since Iā€™ve been doing the click & ship, everything sent recently has been up to par. It might have something to do with the barcode printed on the label but not for sure. Seems this way there is a lot less room for errors in the automated sorting because the address is easily readable plus the barcode is easily scan able and we donā€™t have to read peopleā€™s terrible handwriting with the wrong zip code

3 Likes

I bet I was guilty of that back in the day when people still did hand written letters not text and email.

2 Likes

Back in the day seems like itā€™s back in full force. Unbelievable amount of handwritten letters still. Actually is nicer to receive a letter in the mail box vs an email donā€™t you think? Or would you rather get a birthday email? Easter email? Lol

2 Likes

I agree it is nice but my kids would not agree they are 100% all out digital and have in the past come to me to ask the proper way to address a letter.

I still send out hand written letters often but now days it is mostly to bug our elected officials.

By the way I have had very few issues with USPS over the years. The only exception to that is when UPS or FedEx do that hand off to the USPS for home delivery. I had one of those recently that went back and forth between 2 towns near me 3 different times before finally making it to my local post office 40 or so miles away from them.

3 Likes

That hand off is relatively new but old lol. It saves time because we serve everybody not just a few so itā€™s easier on them to drop to the local post office and let our carriers haul the last leg to the house. Digital communications are good yet very impersonal.

4 Likes

@mstokens Some how I ran accross this thread, and at first, I thought I wrote it.

You see, I live in Memphis, MI. and Iā€™ll bet you anything, some one made a mistake and sent it here, they notice the mistake when there was no address that matched, then sent it to where it was supposed to go.

Or maybe notā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure we all have our USPS horror storiesā€¦ I know Iā€™ve got more than one :slight_smile:

4 Likes