Good simple dripping atty for testing flavours?

Looks like the only down side to the velocity is the hex screws, it seems to be the only thing reviewers complain on. Would prefer Phillips head screw personally, but that’s a minor gripe. Looks easy to build and looks to have great air flow, and flavour judging by those reviews.

I have a velocity clone, a plume veil 1.5 tobecco clone, and a magma clone. I like them all for different reasons. The velocity deck is super easy to build and the wells are decent. The plume veil is just plain nice, also very easy to build, and flavor is great. The magma is my lil buddy. A little harder to build than the velocity, but the wells are really deep and the flavor is awesome. I rotate between them, but the PV has seen the least amount of use recently. I’ve been using the velocity to test flavors since I got it. I like that I can just pull the whole top cap off, drip, and stick it back on. The magma has better flavor IMO, but I have to unscrew it to drip and screw it back down. Not a huge deal, but a little more time consuming I guess.

3 Likes

I was having trouble imagining how to single coil the velocity, but I found a picture.

Could be pretty decent!

This discontinued version of the Infinite CLT V2 is what I use, and love the hell out of, but there’s no simple way to restrict airflow for a single coil build. But changing two pieces of cotton isn’t that much more work than changing one, so it’s OK.

Seems like the nice Magma’s have been superseded by a dumb (IMO) V2, so that’s tricky if you don’t already have one. Might still be some floating around eBay tho.

I would be very interested in a single coil RDA with fancy-smancy redirected airflow like a Kennedy or Marquis tho.

1 Like

I think the Wismec Indestructible RDA has adjustable airflow holes for a single coil build.

Cool :smiley:
It was more the rigging up dual coils that I was pondering on. But I’ve since looked up a few vids on duals, and seems simple enough :wink:

If you can do 1, you can do 2 (unless your build deck is just a major pain in the butt). But if you’re planning to test a ton of flavors, changing cotton each time, it’s nice to have a single coil option. Otherwise, you can trim your cotton way short (ignore that awesome deep drip well), and run your wick dry on a TC mod. That works fairly well if you can’t stand constantly changing out the cotton. But then you have to put in longer wicks when you just wanna use it as a proper dripper and not just a testing atty.

Good points, initially it’ll be for testing. But if the vape is good, and I enjoy the whole process, who knows? :smiley:

I just thought it was fiddly/tricky to do dual coils, I see now it’s not. I tend to take pretty big lung hits, so would probably clean off each drip load in a few good hits either way. I’ll experiment once I get one anyway.

Marquis is pretty good, actually easy to build cause it gives you the guide rods and easy to capture the leads. velocity great posts! Does get a little warm, still awesome though. I’ve been using a twisted messes lately easy deck/ posts and you can just drop straight down the drip tip pretty convenient. All have pros and cons. Good luck!

Went down to my local yesterday, they didn’t have any of the attys I wanted in stock atm, so I grabbed a Dark horse and some Clapton wire, along with some regular kanthal [26g]

I mucked up my first few attempts with the clapton, it’s harder than it looks! :sob:

Glad I got some standard wire too, I was able to throw together a dual coil that reads at 0.49, just about where I wanted it. It seems to be running fine, was getting a little hot at first but seems to have calmed down.

I will probably get the velocity soon, I think it’ll be easier build on, just wanted something to work with over this weekend. The atty, wire and cotton worked out no more than your average sub ohm tank. As it is a clone.

1 Like

I have 3 drippers and two of them are the X-Pure. It has a ceramic base inside and the flavor is wonderful. MyFreedomSmokes.com had them in the clearance section for $12. I got rid of other drippers and got a second one of those because I liked it so much. The other dripper I have is a DeadModz. It has clear glass, a lot of room inside to build and the flavor in it with some twisted kanthal wire is sweet. Very true to taste. I love it, but a little juice pops out of the air holes sometimes, and it hits me in the face.

1 Like

That Deadmodz looks nice :slight_smile: pity coils didn’t glow red with cotton and juice on, that would be really cool

Haha, just looked at a review of it and see it actually has a glow feature! :smiley:

Yes I really enjoy and use my DeadModz. I didn’t install the lights though. Something to look forward to. I love to sit in the evening and taste different single flavors. I’ve got some twisted kanthal in mine. The taste is exceptional and I think you’d say “clean”. In fact, yesterday I got out 3 different tanks and put the same ejuice mix in them (blueberry cheesecake), and I was comparing for flavor. The DeadModz was the best over XPure RDA, Crown RTA and Zypherus RTA.

2 Likes

Just an update on this: Came across a local seller offloading a Tobeco Velocity clone for a great price, so jumped on it. Brought back the Darkhorse with the dodgy drip-tips and exchanged it for a Bellus RBA tank. Best of both worlds now, happy camper :slight_smile: The Velocity is so easy build, delighted with it :smiley:

2 Likes