Greasy windows from the clouds

Yes, Yes. Whoop, Whoop, just got mine today!!!

1 Like

A hahahah hilarous !!!

My hero!!!

I just read an old study (part of it), that said that there was no propylene glycol in exhaled vapor?! Back when I vaped 70% PG my windows were never greasy, at least nothing compared to what they are now, in just days. So it is the vegetable glycerine that is the culprit here… As far as I can tell. Makes sense to me! Maybe I should raise my PG just a bit :smile:

Propylene Glycol
Results on propylene glycol were also unexpected. During e-smoking tests, propylene glycol was not detected, although 50% of liquid 3 consisted of propylene glycol.
This curious phenomenon has also been observed in a similar study [11]. Even in that case, nicotine was not detected in an experimental room of the passive vaping (which was significantly smaller than the room we used). Some studies suggest that propylene glycol absorption via inhalation is extremely rapid [17]. This could explain why this molecule has not been detected even though it was present in significant amounts in the liquid used.

Source: Flavour Art

5 Likes

It is definitely a VG thing. I like my room very cold so even during the winter i keep my window partially open. This helps a bit but not entirely. Fortunately for me my wife vapes nearly the exact same way i do so the blame falls on both of us, hehe.

We dont even vape in our living room, which is the one room we seldom use, and the windows are greasy in there too. Oddly it is just the glass, not my TV’s or computers.

The back of my monitor, where the heat vents are, are a bit greasy :frowning:

Yuck! I have a fan blowing constantly, im not sure but i think this is the reason i havent seen buildup on my electronics.

Have you noticed that exhaled Vapor migrates towards cold? That could explain why it doesn’t affect tv’s and computers.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I was wondering where the “fog” on the inside of my car windows and windshield was coming from! Duh. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I haven’t noticed it on mirrors, windows, or electronics inside, but I do vape pretty high PG. Mystery solved! I need to get some windex wipes or something to keep in the car.

Ya know, I sit right in front of the computer monitor and blow vapor on it fairly constantly. Ran my finger over the screen and no greasiness. But, over my buddy’s Vape Shop yesterday we were noticing how foggy the windows were getting, especially up high. Over the pass week we have had cold, then cool and rain, now just plain rainy. It’s hard to say if cold has anything to do with it but I do think the vapor melds with the condensation on the windows which generally requires cold of some kind. They do have window washers come and clean the windows weekly, lucky for them. Got the feeling you wouldn’t be able to see through windows within a couple weeks considering how bad it gets in 1 week…

Not to worry if you have already gotten your pair of wiper glasses!

4 Likes