Great news to share

I would add, the last kid moving out of said house, to that list. :grinning:

5 Likes

I feel you. Just went through that pain. Still dealing with boxes. Congrats!

5 Likes

That is good news. Good luck.

3 Likes

So I am in my new home. Yay!! Half unpacked yup. Mainly because the previous owners had pets and the upstairs needs new carpet.

That being said…any advice? @fidalgo_vapes I am pretty not sure about doing a Home Depot/Lowes install and really not sure about doing it myself since the stairs need to be done and three bedrooms…and want it done right .

3 Likes

Chrispdx where are you located ??? Do you want carpet ? LVP luxury vinyl plank is a great product …Personally I would avoid Carpet One stores , Lowes and Home depot …Still down at the bottom of the state ? In your area is Great Floors which would be my choice … Also Contract Furnishing Mart is good for buying the product and they should be able to get you an installer if they dont install themselves… Great Floors is a very good company its our state’s biggest retailer for flooring

btw Congrats …:tada::tada::tada::tada:

4 Likes

Thanks bud. Yeah. Still in Vancouver Washington. Across the river from Portland.

4 Likes

Congratulations, @Chrispdx ! I think our @SmilingOgre works flooring, but I dont know where his location is.

2 Likes

Thats cool…i wonder how many other flooring guys are here …ive been in flooring industry my entire adult life… Installer than Sales Manager … Where is the ogre from ???

2 Likes

You are too? I must have missed it. I think @muth knows a thing or two about flooring too.

3 Likes

Yes but im heading out of the industry… Ive recently ( the last year ) invested in another venture ( minority partnership ) that im hoping will pay off …

4 Likes

Good luck to your future ventures. I hope they paid off really well.

4 Likes

Feel free befirs buying to ask my opinion ill give you my honest feelings regarding whatever your looking at …

3 Likes

Not yet lmao …thank you though I hope so as well…i live the flooring industry but too many hours with young ones … And too much money to own my own shop :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m in Empress Whitmore’s kingdom, Whitmoronia. Land of the Fud and Gooberment Motors. Not far from the infamous Deeeetriot or plowed under.

5 Likes

The only flooring I know is the one I’m laying on. I just found out that Vermont has a ban on all online purchases. I’m in New England Hell! Two down four to go. This is spreading like cancer.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t claim to be an expert and would assume the market may be different now due to COVID-19. I was also to have a home buying class I could attend offered through my bank, a home buying program offered by my workplace, and I did a ton of reading.

That being said…I also watched a ton of YouTube videos, listened to some home buying podcasts, and did the research.

The one thing to do is interview your real estate agents and financing company. You don’t have to go for the with first one you find. Personally I went with the third agent I found and second finance company. Both of which were recommendations from my home buying program.

One main thing I looked for were people that could and would take the time to explain things in normal words or when they didn’t…see how they amwould answer questions when asked to rephrase…and their reaction. That was why I did t go with the top finance agent/company…they didn’t take the time nor rephrase in normal language for “understandability.” (Words are hard lol).

6 Likes