Great news to share

Hey fam…I may be a bit absent for a month. I just put in an offer on a house and hope to close by the end of September. I’m excited and busy. So much to learn when buying a first house.

Seems like I’m reading more about real estate than diy lately. But it will pay off and should be able to set up a full mixing room.

I’ll still float around the threads but may not post much. I try to post my citrusy orange cream recipe in next day or so.

32 Likes

Good luck! Fun but stressful time for sure.

11 Likes

Congrats to you well done

11 Likes

Congratulations, and good luck with your house buying.

9 Likes

Great News … Congrats i wish you the best

7 Likes

That’s awesome news. Congrats on the new abode!

9 Likes

This home is the first for wifey and I, you can read until your eyes bleed and still feel unprepared. The best thing I found was our realtor. It’s nice to have someone to count on.

8 Likes

Good luck @Chrispdx !!!

#MixingRoom

8 Likes

Even better than the first home buying experience is the first time you have to file something with your homeowners insurance. We had a small leak under our kitchen and it softened the subfloor. We filed with the insurance company they sent out the adjuster, he took measurements and looked everything over, told us to start checking into contractors for the repair. A week later we got paperwork showing just how the payout broke down. They expected the contractor to remove the countertops and take the cabinets out do the floor work then put them back. I couldn’t even get one to give us serious estimate. The first thing out of their mouth when told about the cabinets and counters was laughter followed by cant be done, they’ll break all to pieces if we try. We went back and forth with the insurance company and finally two days away from the 2 year anniversary we got them to listen. we now have new cabinets and counters as well as all the flooring. Slow and a pain but so worth it.

11 Likes

Awwwwesome, man! Congratulations! Good luck on a smooth closing!

8 Likes

Congrats Chris! It’s a stressful learning experience but you’ll get through it. Just think of it as a savings account that you can live in. My youngest daughter just bought her first house, so Dad (aka free labor) has been helping her to get it ship shape.

Have fun!

10 Likes

Best forced saving plan ever conceived, you will never regret it.

8 Likes

Congrats! It is stressful but exciting at the same time.

A piece of advice that works in a lot of situations but more so here “Trust but Verify” It is true once you check it out yourself, a lot of shady people in real estate unfortunately.

6 Likes

Absolutely. I’m lucky that I have a home ownership program through my work. Got decent referrals and get incentives for using the program. But yeah, spent two weeks researching lenders and realtors. It’s been good, but a lot of time spent reading.

9 Likes

Very exciting, Buying my first house. As well as my first child those were two of the most joyful, nervous anticipation & greatest accomplishments of my life.

7 Likes

Congratulations!

6 Likes

Congrats, if you’re building a new one, look very close to all the details… power sockets, walls everything… I went mad, I even shown to an engineer with a 3D drawing how my house should look like.
I always went to the site and always looked at all details, you haven’t got a clue (at the end you will) of how many “small”… and “insignificant”… mistake they made, but at the end, all the trouble and time payed off…you’ll tell us!

8 Likes

Congratz, Chris :slight_smile: Really pleased for you. Don’t worry about us, well just lean on @woftam a bit more :grin:

6 Likes

Good Luck. I’ve been absent as well, almost same reason, I’m selling my first house. Hi to all those who’ve helped in the past. Hope to be back soon, and wecome to all of you!

9 Likes

Congratulations. Only two things as exciting in life as buying that first house. One is getting married and the second is getting burning the mortgage. Good luck.

3 Likes