Great Tank for Flavor

I’m with you there. Usually when a ground breaking new tank hits the scene there is a consensus of it’s prowess and I’m not hearing that in particular for any one tank. But from my research and this thread the HugsVape Lotus might be the hottest new tank lately.

4 Likes

Well, you never know, when the NEXT big, flavor bazooka setup will hit the streets !!! :slight_smile: Also @Pro_Vapes speaking of Flavor Bazooka, I’m AT my 4 week steep for the MF’s and I am INDEED blowing my face off (in a Steam Crave v.1) with the MF Honeydew Melon. Blown away, … doesn’t come close. THAT is what’s distracting me when reading this thread, AND, intriguing me at the same time !!!

4 Likes

hugsvape lotus, im using it for a week and its much better than the boreas

5 Likes

I have got no real ground breaking news on any tank, but I have for the past 4 weeks been spending cash like a russian poker player at the Taj Mahal in Vegas !! All of them with different character, and serve there purpose when needed, I just like to change up sometimes, or alot of times, I still go back to my Squape and Veritas and kayfuns, my last 6 purchases-
Siren 2 MTL
Drop Solo RDA
Serpent SMM RTA
Vandy Vape Pyro RTDA
Vandy Vape Kylin Mini RTA
Dejavu RTDA
I am really enjoying the Rage Squonk with the infamous Dead Rabbit.
still on the hunt for other single coil RDA’s

4 Likes

You might want to include your preferred power range, and whether you want single or dual coil capabilities. :wink:

The only reason I mention it is because I had the Boreas v1 (before I fell in love with the Theorem) and found it required more power (which results in either shorter battery life, or a mod that uses more batteries), which meant that it also burned through more liquid. Given I prefer a small footprint (in a mod), it’s two batteries max for me.

I’m don’t know if you would like the Theorem because it’s single coil, but built right, there’s nothing I’ve used so far that’s topped it. The Hadaly clone by SXK was an equal, but it was so small it was a complete PITA for me to build on because of the clamps…

I use a 0.17-0.18ohm ‘custom’ paralleled single coil SS clapton in TC, which heats quick at only 36-40w, and it’s a nice warm vape, that doesn’t kill the batteries, yet still delivers incredible flavor.

Good luck in the inquiry though!

3 Likes

Thanks SF… I got that one and didn’t like it. I am looking for a dual coil setup.

They got one here for $7.90

4 Likes

if you haven’t, i highly suggest you try the Kylin Mini - since i got it, i can’t put it down. it became top of my list for flavor - easy to build and wick.

• note: i’m exclusively on single-coil RTAs now - everything else (including dual RTAs and RDTAs) sit on the shelf :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Im still using my Boreas’s, love these tanks. At one point i wanted to try the newer Aromamizer’s but i couldnt find reason to do so. If you find something let me know, @Pro_Vapes.

3 Likes

Decisions, decisions …

3 Likes

I’ve been using the Boreas since WR introduced them way back when. I’ve tried 3 or 4 tanks since then, but none of them made the cut. So I havent bought a new tank in quite some time. I was curious if there was something new and ground breaking, but I’m not quite sure from the research I’ve done.

One thing that’s unique about the Boreas and Steam Craves is the direct to coil side airflow. I think that’s what makes the flavor outstanding. Most of these newer tanks has the bottom airflow so I’m a little hesitant about buying one. None of the new tanks are hyped like really really good tanks are when introduced.

2 Likes

I agree, never had a bottom or top airflow anything that provided the flavor i wanted. Pretty much every single daily use device i have had, since my old eGo’s, had been side airflow.

Once i figured out the filling issues i had i knew that i would be using these things for a long time. Was it @fidalgo_vapes that sent me the first one? If so, thanks again my friend. I have 4 that i use and 4 in reserve.

Now they just need to make a 30ml version of this thing…

4 Likes

I must say that I love my supreme. Never tried the boreas. But if I broke my supremes and could replace I must say that I like the reload rta, (manta is a clone and coil art mage v2 is similar as well) and it would be the replacement even though they have bottom air flow…but the air volumn is restricted just enough.

3 Likes

as a matter of fact it was … and you are very welcome lol

4 Likes

You could get a surprise with either a reload or dotmod 24mm, or any tank simmilar. The biggest diffrence between the two mentioned; the holes directly under the coils on the reload are larger than on the dotmod. But still small enough to intensify the direction of air. If placed correctly you get a direct hit of air on your coils, plus the air have nowhere to go, other than around/split on both side of your coils, which are why I mainly use tanks simmilar to the two. The 24mm rtas are plenty with that style of deck, the holes under the coils makes the diffrence in flavor intensity, plus the bell around the coils makes for how much vapor you amass before you drag it down.

I would suggest maybe trying a reload clone, cause the price point on these suckers are steep. And the clones ive tried are all decent, at least for what you pay for them.

Theres a jungle of rtas out there and this is my subjective take on rtas. :smiley:

1 Like

This is not exactly what you might be looking for Pro-Vapes. But I just recently discovered a brand new in the box Avocado rdta that I had squirreled away, and gave it a try. This is the 24mm one with the side airflow and the little side fill port (not the bottom airflow one, which was problematic). I put 2.5mm dual coils in them and wicked it properly…what I found was this little bugger gave me a really intense flavor, so much so that I am frequently using it for work and at home as well. I’ve used both stainless claptons and kanthal claptons, 4 wraps, sometimes 5. Currently have the coils spaced a little bit. It does remind me of the aromamizer in some ways, but I do get much better flavor. It’s dead easy to use and fill. I found a matching 510 wide bore tip in glittered orange to match my orange Asmodus reborn, and this is my usual to work atty. Plus, I have no worries of a potential leakage situation with this rdta. It’s a peppy, fun to use atty.

1 Like

@louiesquared I’m about the pull the trigger on the Lotus, and have watched a few vids on it, can you elaborate at all on the wicking critical’ness ??

It’s the typical battle between too little causing leaks and too much causing dry hits. Just make sure to trim your cotton flush with the bottom of the channels and fluff well. Also be very careful to keep any cotton out of the exposed threads.

3 Likes

I’ve looked up the kylin mini because of this thread, the only thing that bugs me is how the post screws are going to twist your coils. Reminds me of the original Zeus which I hated. I’m sure it’s a great tank by looking at that deck.

2 Likes

Roger that @louiesquared. I’m always in the market for something GOOD, doesn’t have to be NEW, and those threads I think I have had on a few others I have tried, and they vexed me. I’m sure it was something I was doing wrong. Thought I trimmed, and fluffed right, juiced up really good, to keep it in the grooves, but somehow I always seemed to have some cotton in the the threads. I may pick this up, just to see. Thanks for the quick feedback.

1 Like

My best Flavor tank is by far the intake rta , single coil rta with top airflow.

1 Like