Greek Yogurt?

hey @Amorphia, hope you won’t be disappointed with the wait… :slight_smile:

let us know how it goes

2 Likes

Just had greek yogurt for the first time in my life…and I need more… in the form of dey vape.

Anyone updates on this? Never eva used greek yogurt because I had bad yogurt once at a younger age and it kinda ruined yogurt for a few years…

Anyway… thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Sorry i never updated this a year ago! It didn’t steep well at all. And, I abandoned the profile. I can see now what was likely wrong with it, though. If i try to fix it, I’ll 86 the Sweet Cream, cut the Brown Sugar to .5, and swap the NF and RFSC Yogurt %s.

Not that any of that will help your quest! Just musing over it.

2 Likes

That’s a bummer! I can relate… had a bad granola bar when i was 12 or 13, took a long time to get over it.

4 Likes

You should try ZOI honey flavor its so good , i hated greek yogurt until I tasted this brand

2 Likes

I’m vaping my latest Blueberry Yogurt right now and it’s good but I’m still tweaking. Yogurt Vape is tricky. Getting a realistic yogurt (Greek!) is super challenging as each test needs 4 weeks to steep. Trying to hit that “milk” note I used Milk RFSC @ 2.50% this batch and it’s not bad as the solo Dairy Note. Going too high on your choice of Yog flavoring will backfire. I’ve found the trick to use the Yog flav to boost a dairy not visa versa or more like a 50:50.

“Greek” Yogurt should realistically have more of that Lactic Acid “sour”, but this has been evasive Vape recipewise. I just got some Sour Cream (vape) recently for my next test …fingers crossed (0.50%?) I mix Greek Yog and Sour Cream (actual foods) for dips and they are actually somewhat close. If successful I’ll publish whether “Sour Cream” (vape) in fact Greeks-up a reg Yogurt. Using Greek Yogurts (vape) in the past were not tasty for me.

Best (!) real yogurt (uh food)? Fage 5% (milkfat) Plain. Add some honey or other fav topping (walnuts!) …awesome. After enjoying French yogurt in France I was wondering WTH I have been eating all my life in the U.S. Fage 5% has more fat that other yogurts in the US (super creamy cuz it has 25% more “cream” than the US standard 4% Yogurt!) and leads me to believe the diff with French Yogurt may just be higher fat content.

Fage 5% GREAT for folks doing low carb! A real craving slayer …as totally opposed to those eating sugary (HFCS) fruit jelly NON-fat yogurts [cough] for their health :smirk: …IMHO

3 Likes

I love greek yogurt TFA with a fruit. Tangy and steeps quickly. I like a touch of frozen yogurt WF if I want to tone it down.

4 Likes

Funny that you say this and thank you. I always feel like the crazy person, when I point out that certain products here in the US, even if labeled as such/identical, have nothing to do with the European version of such product. But rather being produced/catered to the American palette or as I call it americanized, even if it’s the same brand.

Nothing wrong with that, but gets me always excited for nothing, because it’s such disappointment at the end.

I agree with you that fage, does taste close to traditional Greek yogurt but it’s lacking the sour. Don’t get me wrong, while it has that in comparison to other brands, just not enough, which you seem to balance out with sour cream?

Anyways, I use Bulgarian yogurt, for me it’s much more authentic even so it shouldn’t but it is, and if I want it thicker, I’ll add cottage cheese. Give it a try one day, especially if you are low carbing :wink:

Sorry for that long intro, but it’s vape related, because just like mentioned, that’s what Greek yogurt is. It’s not creamy thick over sugared yogurt, that’s sold here as Greek yoghurt.

So with that in mind, that’s how I build my yogurt vapes and just like Leticia, my first go too is (TPA) Greek yogurt. It’s the right sourness right off the bottle, so higher you go in percentage more sour you get, to even the point where it turns into real cottage cheese lol don’t want to push it up there.

I found that it doesn’t play well with other creams, that are dairy prominent. For example milk, if you hate yourself go mix that, you’ll see what I mean :wink: If paired with a very buytric acid flavor, you will know what vaping vomit really tastes like.

But paired with creamier or richer flavors, that are not very dairy rich in vaping (examples: marshmallows, mascarpone, cream cheese, other yogurt, some ice creams, some sweet creams, some custard or even some bakeries and fruits depending on brand - think outside the box and test different combos) can result in amazing and authentic Greek yogurt vapes, rather than creamy children yogurt lol.

I hope this helps you guys a little, when trying to build a good yoghurt, which is not the simplest thing to do imo.

I mostly start with (tpa) Greek yogurt, (wf) mascarpone, (used to use a cheesecake for that, before this got released), (hs) Italian Cream as base and the decide if I want plain, fryity, nutty, creamy and what not.

Because by itself (tpa) Greek yogurt tastes just like Bulgarian yogurt in real food, and if course it does, same bacteria etc. But just like Bulgarian yogurt, tpa’s version is not as thick as Greek yogurt, hence adding the other stuff helps imo.

I could go on because I love yoghurt vapes, but it’s already long comment, so I leave it at that.

5 Likes

Thanks @Letitia and @eStorm . I just came to another conclusion …my aging 30ml Greek Yogurt (TPA) was likely bad (and long since gone). I was never able to make anything with it at any% …maybe it was expired or a bad repackage. I’ll definitely get some fresh …oh wait maybe I already did …gotta go check the spreadsheet. Pains me to think of all the time lost if true and the result was buying every other yogurt flavoring made. Creamy Yogurt (CAP) and Yogurt (FW) are excellent mild yogurts, but I need that sour!

Thanks for the Bulgarian Yogurt recommend. Oh and I mix Yogurt and sour cream for chip dip recipes, and it just made me curious how that could work out with (vape) flavorings. There have been other threads re: this Yogurt topic/question …like what food acid delivers that Greek Yogurt tang and what flavorings have that as an ingredient. I believe it was lactic acid. I know about Butyric Acid (vomit and butter!).

My original (2016?) Greek Yogurt (TPA) was always comparable to carefully squoze Converse sneakers/trainers …gee that’s not your description at all :wink: I never reordered it …but now I think I remember picking up a bottle last order …about to go check …now I understand why I was avoiding the fact I had some new subconsciously.

Thx again

3 Likes

I read the thread a while back and don’t think it has been mentioned yet apologies if it has.

Have you tried flv?

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/51986

I get a lot of sour off it at 1-1.2% but it is nice and creamy I tend to use it at around the .3- 8% mark. It is imho better than cap.

3 Likes

Add 0,5% or lower cheesecake tpa for sour cream taste maybe?

1 Like