Gremberry Solo One-Shot testing

THIS :arrow_heading_up: :arrow_heading_up: :arrow_heading_up: :arrow_heading_up: :arrow_heading_up: :arrow_heading_up: :arrow_heading_up: :arrow_heading_up:

6 Likes

Hi hi @MysticRose. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Purple Gremlin (Gremberry Farms)(One Shot) 13% (9-27-21) – Having never been a HUGE Grape Vaper, I am always anxious in trying a new one. This one, actually surprised me, and actually DID present, JUST like a Grape Bubblegum. Now I haven’t bubblegummed in years, so I won’t be able to precisely nail down which exact brand, BUT, it was an impressive, accurate representation of an American Bubble Yum-ish bubble gum, but tempered with a really good grape. Both the BBG and Grape were candied (duh), and I could almost pick out the pink in the gum, just below the grape. Gremlin did a skillful job of mixing the elements again, as they WERE perfectly paired. You could almost pick out the white (starch I think) coating on the outside of the gum. Was def. above mid level sweet, but what would you expect in a sugary gum. At this testing weight, it was nice, and in your face, but not overblown, and I actually liked the fact that I could pick out the pink gum, BUT, also the grape. Wow, actually, very spot on, and this is coming from the guy who doesn’t vape grape much. If you like bubble gum, and in the grape variety, I think you will not be disappointed with this one. This one might just make you want to vape the grape. 9.85/10.

12 Likes

Dryad (Gremberry Farms)(One Shot) 13% (10-3-21) – This one was billed as a Butter Pecan Ice Cream and at times, it did nail that, other times, it wandered around into almost an RY4 with some butterscotch. Every so often I got an almost burnt finish on it, but only every so often. @13% it was super full, and rich, and above mid level sweet. I’m not sure why it “wandered” around on me, but at times it was a fairly convincing BPIC. After (2) 3ml tester tanks, it was somewhat “gunky” so the sweetness was clearly to blame. Taste wise, and convincingly-wise it was fairly buttery, and tasty. Minor takeoffs as it did stray a bit to my tastes. Nicely done, and it felt good at 8.8/10.

10 Likes

Pink Sunburst (Gremberry Farms)(One Shot) 13% (10-3-21) – Who doesn’t love Starburst ?? I sure do, and I was excited to try this one and see how close they came. I think this one was “in the ballpark” for me. Def. a pink candy of sorts, and there were aspects OF the Starburst in it, but it never truly took off for me. “Pink” was the best way to describe it, and being a medley of sorts, it was hard to pick out exact fruits, but needless to say, “Pink” was the implied profile. Just above mid level sweet, and 13% felt pretty good, and I don’t think increasing the rate would improve this one much. As it stood, just a so so flavor, and could be used to base/bolster pink candy vapes for sure. Leaving it solidly at a 6.5/10.

10 Likes

Vanilla Overload (Gremberry Farms)(One Shot) 13% (10-3-21) – If you think about it, testing Vanillas can be tricky. Why ?? Most times, they’re Vanilla Custards, Vanilla Puddings, Vanilla Cookies, etc. Of course, when I loaded this one up, the first thing I thought of was, “Could this be as good as DIYFS Holy Vanilla” ? This might be, BUT, in a much different way. The first thing that hit me was how clean this one was. A nicely full, clean, somewhat lighter vanilla. Now just because it felt a bit lighter than say DIYFS HV, really didn’t leave it lacking in any way. At 13% it was nicely full, not overly rich, but did have some good mouthfeel. No custard, no pudding, no cookie, no ice cream here, just a mid to high brightness level vanilla that was fairly complex. It was full enough, that it could easily be pushed into a milkshake if needed. It had similarities to other Vanillas I have, but really felt more like a medley, and a surprisingly good stand alone one shot. For a very clean vanilla, with great mouthfeel, this one should work for you. Impressive @ 9.9/10.

11 Likes

:star: GRM Samoan Dreams       ( Overall Grade: C+ )

Hardware RDA / RTA Sweetness :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Style DTL Juiciness :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Concentration 10% to 15% Mouth Feel :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Steeped 10 - 15 days Throat Hit :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
:small_red_triangle:PROS
:small_red_triangle_down:CONS
:small_orange_diamond:TAGS : :fire: Coil Killer :
&#128312 : All by Itself :

• TARGET FLAVOR
    The Gremlins Take on a popular cookie flavor. - Chocolate, Caramel and Coconut combine to make this one hard to resist.

• ACCURACY :   :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:   CLOSE - BUT COULD BE BETTER

:small_blue_diamond: Flavor Description :small_blue_diamond:
My first try at 15% flavoring let me with a dry unpleasant experience even after sufficient steep time. With a hint from the community, I considered testing it at 10% flavoring.
With the mix at 10% off the shake, I could identify that that’s getting more pleasant but I would recommend giving it 10 days steep time.
There is an overall present caramel which presents to me on the inhale. Quite a dark taste which could be going into a dryness on my palate. I can taste a cookie middle part, which has the right taste and presence but no texture. I can’t identify any real coconut in it, not even a hint.
Trying this one-shot in a mix I discovered that I need to crank up my regular wattage a 10-15% to reduce dryness in the vape.
I still have a dry aftertaste from vaping it even using the higher wattage.

:small_blue_diamond: Comments :small_blue_diamond:
This is a very dark concentrate and that’s always something I try to avoid. This brings the overall grade together with the lack of flavor in some areas down to a C.
This concentrate is available at Bull City Flavors or directly at Gremberry Farms. Recommended usage for me is 10 %.

11 Likes

:star: GRM Vanilla Overload       ( Overall Grade: A+ )

Hardware RDA / RTA Sweetness :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Style DTL Juiciness :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Concentration 10% to 13% Mouth Feel :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Steeped 1 - 10 days Throat Hit :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
:small_red_triangle:PROS
:small_orange_diamond:TAGS : :1st_place_medal: Super Star :
:small_orange_diamond:USES : All by Itself :: Primary Flavor :: As a Base or Foundation :: As an Additive :: Background Note :: Accent Note :

• TARGET FLAVOR
    All things vanilla are in this mix. -

• ACCURACY :   :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:   EXACTLY LIKE THE DESCRIPTION

How to describe Vanilla Overload? “Overload” has always some negative connotation of too much for me - in this case, nothing is too much. I get at 10% a universal Vanilla, not too bright, not too dark, not too thick, and not too thin. Yes, I hate when people describe a flavor by what it is not. And now I am here in the middle of the ballpark of it. It’s a great flavor at 10% and I could push it probably easily over 13% but why wasting this god-given vanilla.
I can see this working with fruits as well as on and in cakes and bakeries.

This concentrate is available at Bull City Flavors, Chef Flavours, or directly at Gremberry Farms. Recommended usage for me is 10 %.

11 Likes

:star: GRM Chocolate Overload       ( Overall Grade: B+ )

Hardware RDA / RTA Sweetness :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle:
Style DTL Juiciness :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
Concentration 10% to 13% Mouth Feel :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle:
Steeped 1 - 13 days Throat Hit :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:
:small_red_triangle:PROS Don’t be scarred any more of chocolate
:small_orange_diamond:TAGS : :1st_place_medal: Super Star :
:small_orange_diamond:USE : All by Itself :: Primary Flavor :: As a Base or Foundation :: Background Note :: Accent Note :

• TARGET FLAVOR
    All things chocolate are in this mix. - - A fun blend of a variety of chocolates. Milk, white, dark… no need to pick up all of those when you can get them all right here. - - Perfect to add a touch of chocolate to your recipes. Add a few drops to a batch of chocolate chip cookies to bring them to life.

• ACCURACY :   :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:   EXACTLY LIKE THE DESCRIPTION

How to describe Chocolate Overload? “Overload” has always some negative connotation of too much for me - in this case, nothing is too much. I get at 10% a flavor full of the broadest chocolate variety. I can taste milk chocolate, then white, then some dark chocolate. Again and again - this is an amazing vaping experience.
I had a slight hint of dryness with the Chocolate Overload until I remembered that for another GRM one-shot I needed to crank up my regular wattage a 10% to reduce dryness in the vape. It did the trick again and after that, there was no dryness at all.
At 10% I got a nice mouthfeel sensation. It’s like thin grates of all different kinds of chocolates are melting on your tongue. And the aftertaste makes you long for more. My first tester lasted less than an hour…

This is a very dark concentrate and that’s always something I try to avoid. This brings the overall grade to a B. Otherwise I see it head to head with the GRM Vanilla Overload.
This concentrate is only available directly at Gremberry Farms. Recommended usage for me is 10 %.

11 Likes

Hehe, NICELY said @SteveTC !!!

6 Likes

The coconut becomes more “visible” at around the 3 week mark. It’s still very subtle but it’s more noticable.

I’m glad you gave it another try!

6 Likes

White Gremlin(Gremberry Farms)(One Shot) 13% (10-9-21) – After much delay, finally able to get into this, my last Gremberry Farms One Shot in this series. This one, proved to be rather interesting. It was billed as a White Cake with a Berry filling. Actually, that’s pretty close. At 13% it was full, but still somewhat relaxed, and did convey a fairly convincing White Cake, but with an almost berry edge to it. The berry/berries was/were very low overall, and at times almost disappeared in the mix. Maybe by design ? The White Cake while very good, wasn’t the richest or fullest that I’ve had, but strangely that didn’t detract from the overall experience. The berry “edge” seemed to reveal itself closer to the very end, and “spiked the finish” as it were. The berry/berries tasted like a darker variant, and eluded exact classification, and had just a smidge of an almost jammy tartness that allowed it to push through the more dominant cake. At times I almost wished there was more of either the cake or berry, but even with that, it was a satisfying mix. All in, it was great flavor, and fairly unique, which is always nice when you’re looking to add another flavor to your collection. Sweetness was about mid level, and expected for a cake flavor, and the berry/berries kept it JUST a bit more interesting throughout. Finishing off this run with a nicely placed 9.1/10 with this one.

9 Likes