Griffin leaking problems

same here. I try as best as I can get it…then I start to worry about leaking from air flow control :thinking: lol

1 Like

Haha! Yea I know what you mean! Its worth it though, for me anyway. I absolutely love it. Hopefully they will make a V2 and fix the few problems that it has.

1 Like

I hope so too. They have that new Eagle tank now that is basically the Griffin but with premade coils. I think you can rebuild them too but maybe that air flow/base part is better.

1 Like

No issues on my 25 mm griffin like you speak of.

It happens radomnly on my 22’s. Testing wick methods etc. to see what is best. I have been reading this thread since the beginning and experimenting. Also watching youtube vids. I will fill up the tank (flows closed) then slowly open them. ok for a bit then leaking starts.

The only “leaking” I get on my 25 is on the bottom airflow ring. I say that in quotes because I don’t really think it is leaking per say but just get some minute droplets on the airflow ring. Not sure where they are coming from. Maybe some form of e-juice condensation? I’ve seen this on most of my tanks though so nothing specific to this tank.

I get some of those “condensation” droplets too once and a while. I think that’s juice trapped between the moving part of the AFC coming out. I get leaks from the AFC holes after some time from refilling then it stops…almost as if it is settling. Weird.

Once the juice gets to this level…no leaks :thinking:

Next time your tank is empty (hopefully not from it leaking itself dry lol) could you post a picture of the coil and wicking that your currently using?

2 Likes

absolutely. :thumbsup:

I took my glass tank off once to clean it (something I normally do not do) and when I installed the glass tank back I did know that the oring was missing, I started getting leaks like your describing… finally took the tank apart again and discovered the ring was gone, replaced it and no leaks…

1 Like

Right on. It wasnt leaking when I first received it. I put a build in and it was a little hot, like .24ohms so I decided to change out the build. Build went fine, wicking was fine, put it all back together, closed the juice flow and started filling it up and thats when I noticed that the juice was leaking out between the bottom glass and the base. I have tried several times to get it to sit right but it really just doesnt. There is no o-ring on the bottom base where the glass would meet. I am going to take it apart…again tonight to see if I put an o-ring in if that helps. Thanks to everyone who has commented…I was about to lose my damn mind on this.

There should be an o-ring on the bottom where the glass touches. If you look at my first pic above you see the pale clear o ring .

here you go @CallMeTut sorry for all the pics and the dirty coils (3mm claptons). Just rewicked and wanted to show you what is happening. From filling the tank to first drop/leak is 5 minutes.

2 Likes

From the look of your pictures, it appears that the wicking is sitting on top of the retaining ring, when I have been doing mine, the wicking material actually goes below the retaining ring effectively plugging those juice channels.

2 Likes

gotcha…so you have the bottom of your wick basically to here?

1 Like

Yes, from the angle of that picture, I would be able to see a little wick protruding below that retaining ring. And the wicking material (at least for me) is in there fairly tight,

1 Like

thanks. I will try it on the next run and see what happens!

That is how I wick mine (25mm), just at the bottom of the wick retaining ring. Also, it looks like the wick might be touching the airflow holes which could be causing it to drip into the airflow control ring area (which is where it looks to be coming from).

2 Likes

I need to rewick mine, it has been a good month probably, I will take a couple picks when I do in an hour or less

good point. thanks.