Guilty Pleasure (Music)

What do you listen to behind closed doors or sing to in the shower that would surprise your friends or family? Or possibly get beat up for? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

nothing different than i would anywhere else really… mostly Twiztid, Playboy the Beast, Seth Rock, Basick Musick, to name a few… basically just underground rap/horrorcore… with a little rock and metal in the mix from time to time…

1 Like

Disco (but only while intoxicated).

3 Likes

Enjoy playing my Jazz collection when no one around, mostly my wife.
When Miles, Coltrane, Rahsaan Roland Kirk and others get rolling,
my wife sounds like this:

3 Likes

Disney songs! :smiley:

6 Likes

Watched ‘Lion King’ so many times with my youngest son,
( his favorite Hakuna Matata ), I knew all the words.

Caught myself years later humming it in a line at the store,
and heard more than a few adults joining in.

6 Likes

Music is in my blood. My whole family sang out in church. I was always the shy one. I only sing Country songs, and usually only when I play guitar or driving down the highway. I never intentionally sing in front of anyone else. But occasionally I sing at work when in the mood. When people have heard me they always tell me I should sing in a band. But I am just embarrassed someone heard me singing. Stage fright kills me. I tried Karaoke one time. It wasn’t pretty. A tool salesman came into the shop the other day and walked up behind me when I was singing at my desk and he said he thought the song was on the radio til he got close :smiley: My cousin won 3 contests in my home town and I know I sing better than him. But I have recorded a few songs and I think I really suck. So I have never pursued it. I have a few songs I have written for guitar I have worked on lyrics for but those are only for me. As far as listening to music, I listen to whatever the mood calls for. Metal, R&B, Rock, 80’s Metal/Rock, Classical, Jazz, Blues, whatever.

3 Likes

hahaha still counts

We are our own worse critics. I am a guitarist in a metal band and we play(ed) out a lot so I got over the stage fright pretty quick. But I would never attempt to approach a microphone. I’m with you on the karaoke hahaha I would prob pass out.

Brilliant hahahaaaa

2 Likes

It’s fun, we all know the words.

1 Like

When I’m in the right mood, channeling Lady Day (Billy Holiday) is my forte.

6 Likes

Um, Billie Holiday is not a singer anyone should feel guilty for liking. She’s an all-time badass.

And if you like to sing along, well

4 Likes

Billie Holiday is AWESOME!!!

3 Likes

On second thought, I do enjoy some Classical musics, but mostly creating my own, when I got tired of making beats for crappy repetitive rappers… Also ELO… Might not be bad to most of the ‘older’ folks here, but everyone I have met my generation and younger has either never heard of them or doesnt like it… but an electric cello cannot be ignored… :stuck_out_tongue: lol

2 Likes

Love me some ELO. One of my Pandora stations is based on ELO.

3 Likes

I grew up with it, as my dad would listen to that kind of music, so it grew on me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, here’s a guilty musical pleasure of mine. I like chiptunes. This one guy arranged the whole of Dark Side of the Moon on a Nintendo emulator. Honestly, this blows me away.

And if you like that you can download mp3s of it on his website.

Not sure how I feel about the animation (cute but kinda gets old?), that’s new since I first heard it.

3 Likes

winner winner…thanks for this heheheeee

3 Likes

Mine would be classic funk. The wife doesn’t care for it and my son doesn’t get it so I only get to blast it when they aren’t home. Headphones do not do funk justice. Ya gots to feel da funk.
On the flip side of that, I will also listen to Bread and America when no one else is home.

2 Likes

Anything and everything from Beach Boys to Rob Zombie but special days I break out Sam and Dave , Joe Cocker ,The Allman Brothers, and some Levon Helm.Pandora radio on the Allman Brother Band is where I am mostly.I am lucky that I have a pretty nice system at work so I am always rocking on the job unless some idiot double stacked a part in one of my dies!:grimacing:

2 Likes