Hand sanitizer - how much do you use?

Sounds like you and your family are among the luckier ones who may have been exposed. Do you vape around them? I ask because I’ve been reading that PG allegedly inhibits/blocks the virus. Do you think the presence of PG had any merit or what are your thoughts?

3 Likes

@anon70102222, and @Fishaddict420 you guys should post on the Corona thread, to offset some of the hysteria going on.

3 Likes

I stopped watching that thread when it went wet-n-wild with the politics. But it wouldn’t quell the hysteria anyway.

5 Likes

Roger that, muted as well, as did many others. Shame though. Glad you guys are OK.

4 Likes

Why I’m never not OK! But thanks.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that thread existed lol, and @TorturedZen the stats I read said 80% of people have mild symptoms, I have no idea if pg was a factor for me but I do vape in the house and I vape 60/40 most of the time, most people tend to be around 20-30% pg it seems…

Back to hand sanitizer, does anybody else get whiffs of ganja once it dries on your hands?? Despite my username I haven’t enjoyed the devils lettuce in several years now so I know it’s not coming from me lol, about 5 minutes after I use hand sanitizer it smells like I had my hands in a jar of nugs…

4 Likes

They have gotten the message, right back on topic, it is safe now.
I guess they’re all at it on the bashing topic that @woftam created :grin:

Smart move bro :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I couldn’t tell you, my hands always give off whiffs of ganja :grinning:

4 Likes

Hehe, sorry @anon70102222, posting while driving, hehe, meant @Fishaddict420. Still glad you’re OK though.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Diarrhea and gastro symptoms are very rare. If all of you had these symptoms, it’s more likely that you had something else (but only a doctor can tell you for sure). Don’t forget that other diseases haven’t stopped going around and people still get those too. Unless you’ve been tested and confirmed to have had covid-19, I would make no assumptions. So just keep being careful, it’s not worth the risk.

4 Likes

Good luck getting tested here still, and gastro effects are more common in children than adults, I barely had any symptoms at all but the few I had lasted for just over two weeks which isn’t normal for anything else going around, that’s what I base my assumption on. I stay home if I’m sick regardless of what I have, which is a habit that helps out with this virus and the lack of testing we are experiencing.

5 Likes

I’m so over it all… I work retail and my hands are sooooo dried out I’ve given up man… Lol, the fix?
nitrile gloves, and ever so often I wash my gloved hands in Lysol…

Honestly it’s all incredibly pointless; most of the “safeties” people have put in place are compromised within minutes (or seconds) after said precautions are taken… best bet is to just not even partake in anything that has you coming in contact with anything foreign lol… talk to a surgeon or tattoo artist (a good one that is) about the realm of contamination if you don’t agree :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

My concern is how to scrape off all those (ostensibly) in-actived microbes. Finger Fit Loofah Sponges ?

:clown_face:

2 Likes

I washed & used so much hand sanitiser today at work (Maintenance - hospital/aged care) that when I got home my skin was starting to crack.

Remember to moisturise your hands when you can.
Last thing before you go to sleep is good and if they get really bad, if you can bear it, add a pair of gloves to keep the moisture in :wink:

3 Likes

My understanding is that glycols (such as Glycerin and Propylene Glycol) are perceived as “moisturizing” skin (solely) due to the fact that they draw Water up and on the epidermal layer of skin (from “below”). Even glycols are (mild alcohols). Ethanol and Isopropyl alcohols, as well as Hydrogen Peroxide, would all seem to be somewhat rough on the epidermis. “Mineral Oils” might (possibly) be a better way of stuffing some (more persistent than glycols) hydrocarbons into one’s skin pores. Dunno.

3 Likes

No doubt. It’s like kids that grow up on farms have very, very low rates of being allergic to animals. When I was a kid in the 60’s I could go the entire day without really washing my hands, especially if it was Saturday. We survived that.

3 Likes

I remember socks that were so dirty I could just step into them like they were a pair of shoes.
I was a pretty healthy child regardless. :laughing:

3 Likes

Did you have to take a bath every week? Sunday was bath night and I wasn’t very pleased about it. My parents had to threaten me to get into a bath. By the time my first son was 3 or 4 he had already had more baths than I had by the time I was 16.

3 Likes

Saturday at my house, and it was just the kitchen sink, we didn’t have a bath yet.
Sunday was the day of the Lord, you weren’t supposed to do very much. :weary:

Yeah, my daughters did too. :grin:

3 Likes

Just got an email today.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 14.33.07

2 Likes