stands and applauds

VERY well said!!
HuAahh! from an old 31Nov

4 Likes

Well said

Hereā€™s to ya :beer:

Go Navy

4 Likes

Sitting by lake Granbury, waiting on Fireworksā€¦ we noticed God must have looked down on us and decided to give us a cloud flag to help celebrate! haha Loved it.

11 Likes

Awesome pic hope yaā€™ll had a great one.

3 Likes

LOVE Munising, absolutely beautiful area. I had 1 pastie, had to try a breakfast one. While it was yummy it just seemed, um, unnaturalā€¦

2 Likes

I had to go digging for this thread, so I could reply to my UP loving comrade @Ken_O_Where.

Just returned from a week in our favorite UP hangout, Munising. Visited Muldoonā€™s Pasties twice (once is not enough). Voted #2 in the Best Pastie in Michigan contest.

The pic below, is looking across the bay (Lake Superior) in Munising. The far side of the bay is where Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is located. For those not familiar, do a Google image search, itā€™s absolutely beautiful.

6 Likes

The UP is one of the most beautiful places that i have been to in the US, of course this is just my opinion. I took around 600 pictures this year, sadly i havent gone through them yet.

Last year we went on the Pictured Rocks boat tour, it was breathtakingā€¦ It is rare that i dont speak, being a hyper ginger, but i probably said no more than 5 words on the entire boat tour and it was mostly WOW.

This year we grabbed some breakfast pasties at a little shop on Houghton, they werent too bad. Weā€™ve been experiment with our own.

Grabbed two cases of Thimbleberry Jam tho, hehe.

Thanks for sharing that lovely image, @d_fabes!

2 Likes

LMAOā€¦ stifles
Pardon my ignorance here, but I keep wanting to read it as ā€œpastriesā€, but since itā€™s not been corrected thus far, I know thatā€™s not being misspelled.

However, as written, every time I read it, I canā€™t help but laugh a little while thinking ā€œjust for breakfast? Hell, Iā€™d nibble on ā€˜pastiesā€™ any time around the clock if sheā€™d let me!!ā€ rofl

4 Likes

Mmmm, not i was some danish! hehe

Pasties are meat, potato, onion, carrot and rutabaga filled pastries. They are so delicious! Basically a hand held meat pie.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a link to some pasty info. Thereā€™s a little ā€˜history ofā€¦ā€™ blurb on the side.

http://muldoonspasties.com/index.php

Nibbling some of these wont get your face slappedā€¦lol.

2 Likes

Donā€™t feel bad. I thought about ā€œthoseā€ pasties the first time I heard Ken talking about them too. Glad Iā€™m not the only one. LoL.

4 Likes

Some of the confusion is from the pronunciation of the terms.

Pasty (meat pie) is pronounced like ā€˜nastyā€™

The twirly thingamajigs are pronounced like ā€˜tastyā€™

Iā€™m not going to dig this hole any deeper than I can climb out ofā€¦lol

4 Likes

Here Iā€™ll dig it for youā€¦
In the South we have fried pies made like those but with fruit or pudding filling
Your Pasties, We would call those Meat Pies.
and here is a Festive Christmas Pastie:

3 Likes

Rudolph has a nice rackā€¦Someone had to be the first to go thereā€¦:grinning:

3 Likes

I have to admit, that gives Muldoons a run for their money :grinning:

3 Likes

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

2 Likes