Happy Friday! 03-04-22

Happy Friday! I’ve been so busy the last week I haven’t jumped on the forum much. SO I wanted to say HEY!

What big plans do y’all have for this weekend? Here in Massachusetts on the south coast it’s supposed to be a bit more Spring like (16° this morning, 40° tomorrow and 60° on Sunday) so I’ll be working and riding, and maybe today I’ll get to play around with a couple of new concentrates I received last week.

Here’s Buddah, my 7 year old Bernese Mountain dog :heart::four_leaf_clover::smiley:

20 Likes

I hope its a great day, painting and more painting and its 85° everyday here in the Philippines.

9 Likes

@Lynda_Marie Thanks for the great post. We’ve had gorgeous weather in Denver this week. Temps in the 60’s and lower 70’s. However, we may have some snow (or rain) this weekend and temps back down in the 30’s. This is typical for February and March.

8 Likes

Happy National Pound Cake Day :tada:

9 Likes

Fridays…fav day of the week. Chinese takeout and this… :relaxed:

10 Likes

Weekend is here! In keeping with @Lynda_Marie’s pup pic…here is Harley (my other one). He’s a 4yr old Border Collie. Check out his little tongue poking out. He only does that when he’s content! :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

I understand that! I believe we are getting some residual rain from that system. Totally typical for New England as well. This kind of weather is bad for horses. They can get belly aches which usually require a vet. Happened to mine 2 weeks ago. I’d love to visit Colorado, it looks beautiful there. Enjoy! :grinning:

8 Likes

That’s absolutely beautiful weather! Enjoy!

7 Likes

So I can now mix a recipe with Flavorah Pound Cake :sweat_smile: great idea!

7 Likes

That’s what I’m doing right now…but I’m in sweats and a hoodie, chilling with my dog, watching 1883 :smiley:

8 Likes

He is adorable! I love Border Collies, they are so good natured. I used to dog sit my neighbors and she was so much fun! Enjoy!

9 Likes

Wait, Poundcake Day ?? !!!

6 Likes

It’s also National Hug a G.I. Day :us: :us:

5 Likes

@TorturedZen I would never have a Border Collie as a pet. I absolutely refuse to have any pet that is smarter than I am. :upside_down_face:
Thanks for sharing this. They are wonderful dogs.

11 Likes

I once had a Border Collie for a very short time. Despite the fact that I have a fairly large fenced in back yard, she would dig very large holes and all my plants when I left for work. I had small bushes she literally chewed off down to ground level. She was very smart but bored. I did the best thing I could for her by giving her to a local rancher. He called me the next day, knowing I was upset and told me she was already trying to herd cattle. :This made my heart happy… :cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

I’m still amazed (amused) when I see him watching the big screen. The way he cocks his head when he watches, as if he’s processing what he is seeing. They are indeed an intelligent breed but can be skittish too. And terrible shedders. I can stuff a pillow with doggie hair after vacuuming! Mike Lindell would be proud.

7 Likes

Sounds like you did the right thing. The only dog I have ever had to give up was a Cairn Terrier mix who was a fantastic dog, but we could not leave him home alone. Even though we were able to shut him in the kitchen and pantry with doggie door access to the back yard, he would tear things apart in the back yard. Destroyed our lawn furniture and other back yard items. The straw that broke the camels back was when he dragged the hose into the kitchen through the doggie door. We were afraid he would figure out how to turn on the water. After about 6 months we took him to a no-kill shelter and let them know he would be a great dog for people who are home during the day. About 3 months after we gave him up, some across the street neighbors asked about him. They said they always got a laugh watching him throw things around in the back yard after we left for work.

5 Likes

Beautiful dog! Does he give wet slobbery kisses too?

5 Likes

He sure does! He’s my big drool-y best friend lol

5 Likes