Happy Left Handers Day

Today August 13th Is Left Handers Day, always making something easy, look twice as difficult. To all you lefties out here have a good day.

I am very left handed, my wife won’t let me peel potatoes, with a knife as it freaks her out. I hold the potato in my right hand next to my stomach and run the knife towards my stomach to peel it.

10 Likes

Doesn’t that prove that lefties are…? I can’t quite recall what lefties are. Thanks for the heads up. My Mom is a lefty and I think I will tease her about it. :thinking: :innocent:

6 Likes

I’m in my right mind, and was waiting for this day !!!

9 Likes

About time they created a day in my honor!

7 Likes

So I get lefty day this week and my birthday next week!?! :tada::tada::tada::tada:

6 Likes

Also @bluenose63 just you describing how you peel potatoes freaks me out, don’t do that at my house, I like to sharpen things so my kitchen knives all shave hair lol one slip would be bad bad news

5 Likes

Lefty reach-arounds are awesome!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Mate, seriously, whether right or left handed, cut away from your fingers, and any other bits that may get in the way.

4 Likes

Two words:

Palm. Peeler.

They are freaking AWESOME. Works for both my wife (righty) and for my janky hands (I’m a lefty as well, just with some nerve damage to boot) I know that most cooks are against gimmicky tools, but this one works! I did take the liberty of running ours across the small edge of a whet stone to sharpen the blade, but I’ve had to do that with every peeler we’ve ever owned. Which reminds me, I still need to order a new peeler!

4 Likes

The struggle is real. Viva la lefties!

8 Likes

I’ll be the mutt of this litter.
Throw right
Bat right or left
Hockey shoot right
Golf gave it up years ago, bad right, worse left
Shoot pool left
Write & paint left
Eat left
Vape left (index finger on fire button)
Man, I hated those school desks

5 Likes

That makes you an Ambisexual! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Best ones I’ve used, for us older and or those that have minor nerve damage. Oxo Good Grips rules
images

4 Likes

I bat left but growing up everyone we knew was a righty so I learned to catch and throw right. We was po folk Daddy was a coal miner. :pick:

4 Likes