Harsh tasting DIY juice

I was trying to make your ice cream cheesecake mix vapable :wink:

3 Likes

Madam normally ā€¦or sweet cheeks depending on how much youā€™ve been drinkingā€¦

3 Likes

@TheTinMan1 yes it is clear in colour

1 Like

Good deal. Do you recall what the read out said at the bottom on your first mix that was harsh?

oh that needs pepperā€¦fair playā€¦and vinegarā€¦

1 Like

Like others have said, harshness can often be from the nic. Try making a few small batches, 5 or 10 mils using 0 nic and different flavor %. The notes suggest anywhere from 3-20% so 15% could be fine or it may be too much for your palate. Try making one small batch @ 3% and maybe another @ 10% all with no nic. If it still seems harsh with no nic and less flavor it maybe that this flavor needs a few days or a week to steep.

3 Likes

All my mixes get the vinegar treatment, either before or after

3 Likes

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit i made a 0 nic batch with just flavour and it was ok, just didnt taste very flavourfull but wasnt harsh.

1 Like

@TheTinMan1 was 8.3% which was 0.83ml in a 10ml mix

started to making 5ml ones after thatā€¦

going to have to get myself an RDA for all this tastingā€¦ tank is a pain to take appart and clean to get rid of nasty tastes

1 Like

It seems while I was fixing all my typos and trying to make a coherent post the boys were running amok in here and you were explaining more, lol. Okay. Hmmmā€¦ Well at least you know you like the flavor. Youā€™re well on your way then! Welcome to the mad house! :grinning:

1 Like

well the favour wasnt amazingā€¦ dont know if it needed to steep or needed more or maybe a little sweetnerā€¦
just trying tot get my head around this nic situationā€¦

want to make some of the proven recipes and steep them for a decent periodā€¦ just dont want to make something, wait for it and it be harsh as hell.

Thatā€™s understandable, especially when youā€™re just starting out itā€™s good to have a few shake and vapes flavors to vape while your other steep.

yer that was the planā€¦

so what do you think i should do about the nicotine then???
could it be a bad batch? i dont think i have done anything wrong. been using 1ml seringes for measuring nic, flavours and pg and made sure to be as accurate as i can be.

1 Like

Can you describe the harshness? Did it make you cough, lungs tighten up, have heavy throat hit, taste peppery. . .other?

I vape 0mg a lot and 3-4mg when I need nic. I add nic to existing 0mg juices all the time and am used to the effects. Iā€™ve been using Nude Nicotine at 18mg/ml. I think you may be confusing percent and mg as mentioned above.

That said, Nic will inevitably make a juice harsher than 0%. When my lungs arent used to it because Iā€™ve been vaping only 0mg for a few days, often the first few puffs of nicotine will cause a noticeable contraction in my lungs. . .this is temporary. If your head is spinning after a few puffs, you are probably using too much nicotine for your setup/tolerance.

Testing your nic concentration is a worthwhile endeavor. . .as is measuring by weight. An appropriate scale is only 15USD and you will need to wash much less equipment.

1 Like

8.3% looks right at 6mg on a 10ml batch. Thatā€™s .83 in ml and .86 in weight.

Have you been subohming long? Switch from mouth to lung to direct lung hits?

I use their pg Nic and never had an issueā€¦I only vape 1.5mg though :+1:

1 Like

The experts can help you more with the nic if thatā€™s the problem. You only become an expert by having trouble and figuring it out and so far, (knock wood) I havenā€™t had any trouble with my nic.

1 Like

@therabidweasel its hard to explain, almost a burning and made me cough alot!!!

@TheTinMan1 yes that what i used in a 10mlā€¦
been subohming for about 2 weeks now (started vaping on sub ohm as thats what was advised to me by the shop) not had any problems with harshness or anything with the shop bought stuff. direct lung hits.
started at 30W and was on 90w on this build with shop stuff and 140w with the octuple coil for the tfv8. again. no problems with shop stuff

this tank hammers the juice, hence why i wanted to DIY it. but onto my last tank of shop juice now so need to make something to tie me over.

2 Likes

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit do you think i should contact the supplier? but everyone else is saying they have never had problemsā€¦ wish i had been doing it for longer to know what im doing wrong :frowning:

1 Like

If it makes you cough only, store bought at the same concentration does not, and the 0mg version of the same juice doesnt (although 15% is kinda high IMHO) then your nic may be stronger than advertised. . .this is not terribly uncommon.

That said, vaping nic was uncomfortable on my lungs when I first started using it. I used it only to drag myself out of bed in the morning originally and a lot of times it would make me cough. But again, if that doesnā€™t happen with store bought. . .measure the nic concentration with one of the kits available from your DIY supply store. Nic is a poison, so it is important to know what you are using.

2 Likes