Has anyone heard of burping your juice

Hi Has anyone heard of burping when juice is steeping shake bottle and squeeze the air out and fresh air go in 3-4 times every day then put back to steep many thanks

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of it- I donā€™t buy it though. To me it oxidizes fast enough without additional help. Especially once the nic is added. If youā€™re going to shelve the mix for a while before you use it, I would just leave it alone.

10 Likes

I would usually burp my mix if I used an alcohol based flavor to get rid of the alcohol effect, @Englishguy , But not too often, though, or you might oxidized the nic like @anon70102222 said there, and you might lose too much of the flavor molecules.

9 Likes

@delltrapp
@anon70102222 thank you all ive not done it just a friend said about thank you

4 Likes

No worries; ā€œyouā€ was just a general you-phemism anyway.

6 Likes

It is a thing but I havenā€™t done it. It goes along the same lines of mixing and leaving the caps off over night. All of which Iā€™ve never needed to in the 4 years of mixing.

Granted in the longer past there may have been a need to do that when using less than reputable flavorings. People used all sorts of weird crap to mix with due the the lack of availability. That why when you find more talk of this method from posts from 2013 to 2015 and before that when searching ecf or Vu.

6 Likes

I very much agree with all the above. Also saw similar advice from juice manufacturers way back in the dark ages ( AKA the ā€œnoughtiesā€) . Weā€™ve evidently made some progress towards sifting myth from fact since then :wink:

4 Likes

I generally leave my juices long enough to not need a burp but if they are harsh I leave the cap off about 10-15 minutes then burp/expel the air. Usually fine after that.

3 Likes

@Englishguy I havenā€™t read the whole thread yet, so this may be a re-post, but ā€œburpingā€ sounds an awful lot like ā€œbreathingā€ or ā€œventingā€. IMO, it should ONLY be done if flavors have alcohol to vent it out. For a typical mix however, what you are doing is wasting your flavors. Every time you ā€œbreath, burp, ventā€ you are allowing flavor to escape OUT of your mix, so IMO, thatā€™s LESS flavor IN the mix.

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer thank you friend

3 Likes

My pleasure @Englishguy.

@Englishguy you donā€™t want to know !!!

4 Likes

This!
Some flavor molecules aka ā€˜volatilesā€™ escape from solution when exposed to the atmosphere. You want them to remain in solution at least until theyā€™ve had time to chemically react (steep) with the other flavors. If you can smell it, theyā€™re probably escaping.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I could chalk it up to that.
The way I see it, anything thatā€™s intrinsically detrimental would be unlikely to evaporate in such a short duration.(At least, at room temperature. If the mix is being heated, all bets are off.)

Iā€™m far more likely to believe that it would be due to the fact that there might have been a higher propensity towards using alcohol as a base carrier back then, whereas it seems like more flavor manufacturers have shifted to using PG as the primary carrier.

Just my opinion though. :wink:

To the topic at large though, the only reason that I briefly vent (offgas) a mix is if itā€™s something Iā€™ve put through my process (USC), and want to be able to vape it within a matter of days (instead of weeks or months). At which point, itā€™s to evaporate the alcohol when Iā€™ve chosen a flavor that I know uses alcohol as part of the carrier. (To help alleviate the throat hit)

When thereā€™s no alcohol involved (in any of the chosen flavors), thereā€™s no reason to vent a mix IMO.

2 Likes