Has anyone here experimented with water based e-juice?

I have recently learned about Aquios Labs brand liquids which have 30% water in them. They are sold in Esco Bars disposables and a new Innokin disposable. As of now, they do not offer juice for refillables. I have not tried these, but I am interested in the concept. They publicize the 30% water content but do not state the percentages of PG or VG. Has anyone here on ELR tried mixing with water at this high of a percentage? I’d love to hear about your experiences?

5 Likes

I know of people diluting their juice with distilled water, just can’t remember what for anymore. Might have something to do with PG intolerance and thinning the juice with something else.

I do not recall people using it at 30%. Seems rather high. Wouldn’t you end up with a sputtering wick?

I might be wrong. I’m sure someone else will come along and correct me if that is so :grin:

6 Likes

Doesn’t work - 02 - Invalid / Unknown Brand

6 Likes

I checked your profile, so I know you are a legit member here. So just what does this comment mean?

5 Likes

Just a joke. Poking a little fun at the database fiasco.

Carry on

6 Likes

Not water but I was using 50/50 pg/vg when I was quitting the Nic (to increase flavour, it did a little).
It was quite a thin mix, I was using top-air-flow tanks so no leaks but it did gurgle a bit and would burn through the juice at 22watts 0.6ohm coil.
I guess 30% water would be similar if not a bit thinner again.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Very interesting. This gives me a little more information to work with.

3 Likes

@ccs, EVERY time I have tried to water down, thin, adjust by adding water to ANY of my mixes, regardless of the percentage, I’ve always been greated by a spitting, sputtering vape. I vote NO on the water, even distilled.

6 Likes

I’ve used it before & never had any issues…

4 Likes

Do you remember which percentage you used?

3 Likes

The bottles I bought were from justvape247.com but they’ve closed down now. It was 15% distilled water. I’ve only used it in tanks & the highest I vaped at was 65w. Never had any issues with it.

4 Likes

I’ve had the same effect even at just a few drops of distilled water to “smooth” out a mix.

4 Likes

I thought that would be the case I wondered if I could put a vg mix with water in the Gc and homogenize it’s Butt into submission then I found the web site above

3 Likes

I’m just finishing up a 30ml test. I made a basic custard which I’m very familiar with and tried 4% water and max VG. It wound up using no additional PG beyond what was in the flavorings. I estimate its viscosity to be similar to a 30/70 mix. There was a little popping with a fresh MTL low density Clapton coil which stopped when the coil got just the slightest bit of gunk on it. The flavor was exactly what I am used to with 60/40 VG/PG. I prefer my MTL juice to be a little thinner than this and will make a new test mix with 6% water. For me, water seems to be an acceptable substitute for PG. Especially when I consider that it’s available everywhere and, for all practical purposes, it’s free.

1 Like

Hello 2011, there we have always used water to dilute. Mostly 55/35/10 PG/VG/H2O, called traditional base.
Everything repeats. Soon we wrap again with silicate instead of cotton. :wink:

4 Likes

Only tried this one Esco Bars H2O Aquios Disposable Vape Kit 6000 puffs