HCigar VT250 loose 510

Just FYI if you happen to have the same issue.

I’ve had a loose 510 connection on my vt250, kinda similar to this video below.

I’ve opened up the mod to look for a screw that holds the 510 and saw this

I fixed it by tightening the 2 philips screws right next to the 510 pin. Ideally you’ll want to put something like locktight (or however you spell it) on it or it might come loose on you again.

To open the mod like this, just unscrew the 6 philips screws that hold the battery holder and gently pull it out. Watch out that you don’t pull any wires or you’ll need a soldering iron too :wink:

8 Likes

Thank you @anon28032772.

2 Likes

Hey look @Sprkslfly “pre-mortem” “gut-shots” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Thks @anon28032772 !

6 Likes

In the first image…is that bullet hole?

2 Likes

what are you referring to?
Talking about the holes where the magnets used to sit?

a3a72d28aa895521764772421b0bed2c44e9c0ec_1_627x500

1 Like

Yeah that’s where the magnets used to sit. I still need to find some superglue to fix them back.
At the moment those magnets are stuck to the door magnets and when I change the batteries, sometimes they don’t line up right, so that edge broke off. No big deal, still a fantastic mod :slight_smile:
I’ve been using this mod for 17 months now on a daily basis, so there is a bit of wear on it.

2 Likes

@anon28032772 well explained and done, thank you! :+1:

2 Likes

Pro-tip: If you don’t have any Lok-Tite, nail polish will do the same thing. Just a little drop on the tip of the screw before you screw it back in and you’re good to go.

3 Likes

Contact Hcigar, they will replace the part for $8
I got front and battery cover from them for $8 but no magnets :frowning:

1 Like

I really couldn’t be bothered… this mod has served its purpose and will continue to do so for quite a while.
If I had to replace everything that has a little scratch, lost paint or whatever, I’d be buying everything new besides the electronics.
I’m still happy with it as it is but as soon as I see a good sale for a Lost Vape Triade, I’ll get me one of those :wink:

2 Likes

Ya know i spent the cost of that mod in 3 weeks on cigarettes.
Did you hear about the new replay feature? I hear that is the bomb.
It might be fun to fix that old dinosaur but some time you gotta let go, sorry for your loss.
Hope you know i’m just kidding here, thanks for cracking it open to show what makes it tick.

3 Likes

Let me help you with that,lol…https://www.eightvape.com/collections/mods/products/lost-vape-triade-dna-250-250w-tc-box-modpreorder if your not in the states, https://cheapvaping.deals/lost-vape-triade-dna-250c-300w-box-mod I think Fastech also has a good deal with MAP now too.

1 Like