HE2 vs HE4

I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with the HE4 18650s? Not really that much info out there about them besides they are supposed to be an upgrade to the HE2s. I just got in 4 of them and unless it is in my head they seem to last a bit longer before needing to be charged. I’m thinking of only buying these from now on and illumn has a decent price for them with cases

http://www.illumn.com/18650-lg-18650he4-2500mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

If anyone has any info or experience with them I would love to know!

They perform very similar, according to BatteryBro :slight_smile:

Yeah that’s the only info I can find on them…they perform just slightly better but other than that?
I also read they are going to discontinue the HE2s for the 4s? Not sure if that is accurate or not but for now it appears I am getting more life out of That yellow bastard (sin city comic reference)

2 Likes

Found out a tad more info on them, for anyone interested or making a purchase…
Supposedly these cells were released near the end of October for use in German power tools. They are an upgrade over the HE2 in the regard that the HE2 was breaching 100c at above 20 amps, this “HE4” can continuously support 30 amps. The HE2 will be discontinued shortly and replaced entirely by the HE4.

1. Model: LG Chem rechargeable lithium ion battery 18650HE4
  2. Nominal Capacity: 2500mAh
  3. Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
  4. Standard Charge
    Constant current: 1250mA
    Constant voltage: 4.2V
    End condition(Cut off): 50mA
  5. Fast Charge
    Constant current: 4000mA
    Constant voltage: 4.2V
    End condition(Cut off): 100mA
  6. Max. Charge Voltage: 4.2V
  7. Max. Charge Current: 4000mA
  8. Standard Discharge
    Constant current: 500mA
    End voltage(Cut off): 2.5V
  9. Fast Discharge
    Constant current: 10000mA,20000mA
    End voltage(Cut off): 2.5V
  10. Max.Continuous Discharge Current: 20A
  11. Max.Plus Discharge Current: 30A
  12. Initial AC Impedance: ≤20 mΩ, without PTC
  13. Weight: 47.0g
  14. Dimension: Max.(D)18.5*(H)65.2mm
1 Like

Those (yellow bastards)have been my go to batteries for over 6 months now in regulated and mechanicals.
I like them much more than the 25r 's that I’d replaced.

1 Like

I just picked up another 4 of them today while I could. I like them and I will see how they compare in day to day operations compared to the HE2s I have.
I originally bought them on accident because my normal batteries were out of stock and I stumbled upon these.
Now I’m wishing I would of bought the nitecore D4 instead of the D2 when I did but I didn’t know it existed.

When it came time to marry up batteries for my new xcube2, it was a no brainer…these yellow LGs have always lasted me more than a full day of vaping, and I’ve always felt safe and secure using them on my mechs.