Hello introduction and What can I make not working?

Hi, I’m a noobie ,I have just started mixing about a month ago and already I own 50+ flavours. I have added them all to my flavour stash, including 20 new ones purchased today but it keeps giving me the same 5 pages of reciepes (most of which are mainly the same reciepes repeated by other users) , despite adding the new flavours. Help lol. I’ve been reading this forum for several months now but only yesterday opened an account. Looking forward to embracing this community and picking up as many tips as I can. My first few batches have all been quite muted. So my first challenge is working out correct percentages for each flavour.

10 Likes

I have this same problem. I put in all my flavors and it doesn’t give me any available recipes. I don’t know if I am missing some base flavor I need.

5 Likes

try it the other way round
what recipe you want to make
what are you missing
substitute missing flavor
have fun

6 Likes

Start by checking out posts in the Beginners area.

Without seeing your stash, your flavors are probably NOT entered correctly in order for more recipes to show up.

Here’s a good post

OR if you’re on the main page showing like ~127K recipes, in the search box you can enter just words like birthday cake, or apple pear. You know, like what you thought in your head would pair nicely together

6 Likes

Just guessing here, but most probably your 50+ flavors are basic brands, while your newly bought flavors are newer brands. I bet if those 20 new flavors were CAP, TFA, FW, the number of recipes you could make would quadruple at least, but with flavors like SSA, VSO and similar this can’t happen (since newer recipes using those brands don’t use that many basic brand flavors). If this is the case, then you can’t do much except trying to improvise with flavors you have (which is not bad eventually; everyone does that since we don’t have thousands of flavors).

When i buy a new flavor, i search for recipes with that particular flavor and often i find recipes that might work with my existing flavors with some improvisation. Personally, i find ‘what can i make’ way too limiting and i never really used it (example: you only have Sweet Cream v1 CAP and that means all recipes using sweet creams of all other brands are not shown for you, while in reality they are often interchangeable (especially since Sweet Cream is usually just a supporting flavor and you won’t notice the difference; not to even mention that instead of sweet cream you could often use many other creams). Side benefit of this is also that you’ll learn faster and be able to experiment with way way more recipes instead of being limited to small amount of recipes.

6 Likes

Hi @Jammer3

If you could please list your flavors, also include the mfg like Capella, Flavour Art etc.

That would help with recommendations just knowing what you have

4 Likes

I don’t see a Flavor Stash in your profile. Is it marked ‘private’ perhaps? Or did you not create it?
The “What Can I Make” option only works if you have a Private Flavor Stash in place.

5 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
If you have an adblocker, could try turning it off for this site.

3 Likes

Hi guys, many thanks for your reply. My flavours are what I would call branded, listed correctly by it’s brand name . I’ve made the list public now, so here it is https://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/225311

3 Likes

I’ve clicked the button that’s suggests reciepes with 4 ingredients missing and still get nothing. I think it could work better if it could recognise potential subs in your stash , then you just need to find how to use it that flavour correctly. I hadn’t thought of turning my ad blocker off . But I will and see if that helps . Thanks

3 Likes

Just looking at your stash and an idea for you

Strawberry Ripe 3% Sweet Strawberry Cap 2% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Cap 2% Cake Batter Cap 2% Biscuit INW 1% with sweetener like you like it. Something to get you started

You could also try your Milk and Honey 1% Vanilla bean Ice Cream Cap 2% Biscuit INW 1% Sugar Cookie V2 3% with sweetener how you like it

7 Likes

Hmmm they sound good, thank you. Will defo give them a try in a a day or 2. What do you reckon steep time will be?

5 Likes

I try all my mixes at 3 days, then again at 7 days, then at 2 weeks to see how the flavors changes. I honestly think it’s a personal decision on when they are best to you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice recommendations by @authormichellehughes

If your fresh from store bought you might have more success buying a bottle of CAP Super Sweet and using 0.50% to start. The SS will make fruits pop more

8 Likes

Lol if I like something , it sure as hell won’t last another 3 days. Perhaps I should make more than 1 tester bottle of each batch to determine different steep durations

5 Likes

I’ve tried using cactus at low % to get fruits to pop, sometimes it just makes the juice dry though. Does SS NOT mute flavours like other sweet?

3 Likes

Cactus is tricky, some people like me can’t use it at all because it is all I can taste even at 1 drop per 30ml.

SS like all sweeteners should be used low. It doesn’t mute at 0.50% and sometimes it is not needed at all. Cotton Candy or Ethyl Maltol can mute and some flavors already contain it like TFA Strawberry so you need to be careful.

Once you get more into DIY you may find sweeteners are not needed at all. I just suggest SS for beginners who are used to overly sweetened commercial juices.

6 Likes

Welcome @Jammer3

I started out making small bottles and not steeping anything at all. One day I decided I better start making bigger bottles and extra to let steep. Flavors that need to steep (anything cream/non-fruit) are night and day difference fresh off the shake vs. two weeks later. With DIY you can make large batches and still save money over buying you juice pre-made. The smallest I mix now is 30ml and that’s just a test to see if it’s worth making a 120 or 250ml. Of course I also vape the most juice guzzling RDA’s and RDTA’s available. I think most people make 10 or 15 ml testers. I love a good recipe but I’m not very picky so Im ok with vaping the ones that don’t turn out so good. You’ll figure out what works for you but definitely steep so you can find out now what a well steeped recipe is. I think I vaped for three years before I gave into steeping. I sure missed out :unamused:

6 Likes

I love fruits that burst in the mouth, not necessarily sweetened ones but it’s got to be high in flavour, and that’s where I’m struggling atm. I make juice, put a drop on my finger to taste and it tastes lovely . I leave to steep and when I vape it the flavour just isn’t there. Will try some super sweet to see if it helps. I’ve made 4 bottles today , 2 are recipes I’ve followed and 2 I’ve made my self. I’ve not tried them yet, but the finger test tells me they should be nice. I hope so

5 Likes

I know shake and vape is kind of a myth and everything is better steeped. But I’ve had flavours that have been nice for a couple days then the flavour just drops off. Mainly fruits. I don’t mind vaping something that isn’t perfect but it’s just gets frustrating when the desired flavour disappears. So I ask the question …is there a fine line with a short window on how certain flavours can behave regarding taste? I’ve not put any nic in the bottles I’ve made today, and will do it when I go to use them. I’ve done this in a bid to rule out the nic degrading the flavour.

4 Likes