Help a noob with a recipe basic

Ok first time mixing. I got 4 oz caramel cappuccino from TFA and I want to make a 15 ml batch. Im confused because on some peoples notes I see 1 drop per 10 ml and other sites I read 20%. How strong are these flavorings? throw out any first time tips for noob all your responses are much appreciated. Thanks guys :smiley:

@Alisa or @JoJo may be able to point you in the right direction. :smile:

This is information you can see when you search the flavor, look at the recipe, then click on the flavor. This is very helpful stuff. Notice this flavor used as a single (standalone) flavor is used at a maximum of 2%. This is a very strong flavor. One drop per 10mls sounds more like what you want. 20% of this flavor would likely curl the hair on your toesā€¦

3 Likes

On the ELR flavour list the average is 1 to 2%. This is considered a pretty strong flavour. I would start at 1% and taste after about a week, you can always add more if you find it too weak.

3 Likes

Ringling and Josephine beat me to it. :slight_smile: I wouldā€™ve referred you to the flavoring page directly, as Ringling did, as I do not have or have ever used that particular flavor.

I might add thisā€¦ whenever I receive a new flavoring, before I try to mix with it, I ALWAYS look it up here on ELR and read what other people have done with it, how they liked/disliked it, how much they used, etc.

2 Likes

When I look up caramel cappuccino (TPA), one of the people that has used it is Amy ad it seems she dilutes it before using it in her recipes.

3 Likes

thanks for the help guys much appreciated this really cleared it up for me and I didnā€™t realize the search function here would be so helpful. I will definitely use it in future :smiley:

2 Likes

From Amy: ā€œcaramel cappuccino diluted is 3 drops in 10 mls of pg then I used 2% of that mix in the recipe.ā€

2 Likes

Notice on the ā€œPercentages in recipesā€ column tho, some joker made a recipe with 20% - so watch out for goofy numbers. You can scroll down further to look at individual comments. Sometimes thatā€™ll give you a better idea of what to expect.

Also 1 drop per 20 mls = roughly 0.25%. That bottle is gonna last a while!

Noticed that! Bet they now sport one of those rooster hairdos vaping it at 20% flavoringā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t have caramel cappuccino but I have heard itā€™ll take the paint off your toes even if you arenā€™t wearing anyā€¦itā€™ll take the paint of yo mommaā€™s toes! LoL. Iā€™d definitely start small and work up from there.

1 Like